1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iko bomb: Rockets working Out Luc

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If you only have one roster spot, I'd go with Luc 10 out of 10 times (assuming he's healthy and ready to contribute). Jamal might make a couple of 3's, but he's also liable to give up even more on the other end. There is no way Jamal can thrive in an aggressive switching style defense like ours. He'd literally be a liability every minute he's on the court.

We already have Ben McLemore to fill the role of "streaky bench shooter with zero defense." We can't afford another one.

D-rock, RudyTBag, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

D-rock and amaru like this.
  3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Porterhouse prices spiked at Saltgrass as well. So I got the pork chop. Ain't gonna get me Tillmeh

4. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Carroll is dumpster juice! Boute should get signed and carroll needs to be waived as soon as possible!

Section123row16seat1 likes this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

correction he got hurt a month shy of 2 years .. where are you getting 3 years from? also neither you nor I know if he is washed. you are just as wrong to insinuate that as I would be if I said he was not washed.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that Mike won't use DeMarre and Thabo, to me, would make it weird to immediately use Luc.

DeMarre has been Aces on defense in limited minutes, and was a Covington-esque shooter for 6 straight years.

amaru likes this.
  7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Y'all keep pushing this false narrative. At no point in a Rockets uniform was Faried a defensive liability. When he played we typically won

The point is, you guys said the SAME thing about Josh Smith before he got here. "Low IQ", "ball hog" "he sucks" "nobody wants him". Yet he gave us some of the biggest playoff performances in Rockets history. He was a major contributor that whole postseason

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are a dumbass to the nth degree.

HP3, payaso and Section123row16seat1 like this.
  9. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

We need him to guard Leborn and Kawaii just like clippers uses Beverly to guard westbrooks. Hope it still have money remaining after signing him, we can look for Wolves buyout, I Thomas and Faried

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

and hopefully, expectedly not too soon. At all.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt he'd be the same player

12. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

This team just needs to get rid of MDA. He is the problem (could be Morey as well). I think the Rockets are plenty deep now, especially if they get Mbah a Moute. DeMarre Carroll should be getting way more minutes. The problem is that MDA only trusts 8 players at a time )and isn't willing to make adjustments within a game) even when he has a better roster. If Mbah a Moute plays in a game, that means either Carroll or Green aren't getting any minutes. I don't get it.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

You dont get a lot of things.

At least you realize this now, that's half the battle.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You seem like a "very thoughtful" person that can honestly assess things. I prefer the idea of not knowing vs. fanatic delusion.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is D'Antoni a perfect coach, of course not. But I am very curious who is a better coach that is available. More and more teams are transitioning to Pick and Role offenses with emphasis on layups and 3's. That was D'Antoni's system 2 evolutions ago. He is way ahead of everyone and this current roster is far from the perfect iteration of MDA's vision, it is simply the beginning of its final form.

Same with Morey, who is better?

This is not fanatical delusion, the Rockets have a very well respected FO and that starts with Morey. Many teams have poached our executives including Philly, Dallas and Minny. I have no doubt that more talent will be poached by other franchises, including Morey if Tilly is insane enough to let him go.

Of course there are areas of improvement, this system is brand new, less than 20 games new, with a lot of new components and moving parts.

My incredulity is with fans who are so quick to blame and point fingers at the very first sign of difficulty because it supports their agenda of how they want the team to look or play. The negativity and divisiveness are maddening especially by so called fans. It can be challenging to differentiate between trolls and real Rockets fans these days. The real hate for a player, coach and/or executive is prolific.

Neither MDA nor Morey are the morons you think they are, they are both visionaries in their respective areas. Same with Harden, hate aesthetics of his game but respect the innovation he has brought to the sport, nevermind the historical achievements he routinely puts up season after season.

Like all fans of every single franchise, we all want a championship. But that does not mean every coach, executive or player is a failure if that singular goal not achieved.

CF has become increasingly impatient and now kowtow to the media narrative that wins in regular season does not matter but losses in regular are indicative of postseason success.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

I think you've really outdone yourself here my friend.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not at all imho ...this is everyday d-rock...his every 6th or 7th post may be on this level....

jcmoon, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure how to respond to such undeserved praise and support except thank you to @HP3 and @hakeem94 . You and a few others have kept the faith and helped be the purveyors of truth especially in a Rockets forum that has increasingly become a sea of turbulent misinformation and negativity.

I say that with utmost sincerity and appreciation.

HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ironic post. Patently false. The "narrative" is people saying that D'Antoni sat him because he just arbitrarily decided he hated him. Because that makes more sense...? He was a huge liability in the Utah series, which I think his fans must not have watched. I like him as a person, I like him as a player. He played awful rotational/team defense. He was just good at chasedown blocks.

HP3 and D-rock like this.