1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you are going to rest players ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Apr 1, 2018.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Then rest them !!

I don't like the "resting while playing" thing.

If you are on the floor you should be playing hard. If you need a break then sit , or rest a game or two or three.

Playing lackadaisically is the gateway to bad habits . It's counter to the killer instinct that we should be tryin to attain .

I hope we can "flip the switch" and I really live what the rockets have done this year.... And I have faith in the team because of how we've played this season .

But, lets not fall into bad habits . I understand that the team is taking a mental break and looking towards the postseason .... As they should. But , my opinion on the matter is that you should play guys that are gonna play hard .

If you have to play G-leaguers then so be it. I understand if You don't play then there will be rust . But I can tell the difference between being rusty/out of rhythm an just not playing hard ...

Play focused or sit

2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Calm down, it's called keeping chemistry.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm very calm . I just don't like this particular aspect of our plan going into the playoffs. How are we keeping chemistry when we are running everything at 60% ?

slothy420, Stormy1234 and deb4rockets like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

The price of meaningless games. Shouldn't be much of a surprise. At this point, the biggest priority is that every player is fine going into the playoffs. Win or lose makes no difference.

5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

MDA - "We were playing like a team that just clinched HCA throughout the playoffs..."

Guess what Mike - CAUSE YOU HAD! GET A CLUE!

Players know the game is meaningless and don't want to get hurt prior to the playoffs... THEY understand the concept - even if MDA is too stupid to grasp it...

That's why you play guys like Black, RJ, etc... guys who want/need to play well even in meaningless situations - cause they're a step away from working a t a Winchell's or something...

MDA has his attributes... but dayum, the dude has blindspots that you could drive a semi through... smh....

6. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rest players is as if sending a signal to Harden that you can play lazy basketball now.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not sure about the mandate playing the starters for the full game. Play hard for a half and then sit them.

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

We are dealing with injuries then sit them indeed, but if not then make up your mind as a coach and a player. Either you give it a 100% or sit; if you know you won’t or see you aren’t then work harder or as a coach punish that player.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agree completely . I don't care if you play , or how much you play ... As long as you are playing hard and focused when you are playing .

djperm, Stormy1234 and deb4rockets like this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not only that but we aren't even playing our style of ball. We have taken 10 less 3's than our average these past two games. The style of ball that got us to this point shouldn't change, just because we clinched the top seed. We are going to get into bad habits by playing sloppy, lazy, and differently now. I agree, play hard, limit minutes, and work on perfecting our game.

djperm and snowconeman22 like this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

One day off isn’t going to ruin chemistry

I bet Tucker getting hurt for a week will ruin chemistry more than sitting him for a game

Game7 and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Also cause you can always get hurt if you play (just look at PJ's fall and Gerlad taking a hit on his knee), i mean, what's the point of playing if you just don't give a ****? Just don't take risks at this point.

rocks123 and djperm like this.
  13. shlhl

shlhl Member

Either take a day off or work hard not fooling around to pretend playing.

14. Mr. Space City

it's even more dangerous when you're playing teams going pedal to the metal while your half stepping it.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Exactly , this is a big reason why I made this post .

djperm and Mr. Space City like this.
  16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if we wants players to "keep their rhythm"

then just have starters go hard for the 1st half and call it a night for the starters
    then bench players go hard the 2nd half

absolutely no need to run harden to the ground 35 minutes in a meaningless game with HCA's throughout the playoffs is secured

btw while harden played 35 mins, every one else played less than 30 minutes.. is he trying to get harden injured or something?

#16 vlaurelio, Apr 1, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Mr. Space City, kjayp, djperm and 2 others like this.
  17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

GARM in meltdown mode

Play starters hard for 30 minutes a game and then rest them for scrubs like JJ

No point in Joe Johnson taking up minutes in the 1st Q when you should be ironing out the exact 8-9 playoff rotation

JJ will have plenty garbage minutes in the 4th

deb4rockets and RasaqBoi like this.
  18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

It’s just a gameeeeeee.

We will rev it up soon.

Also to ppl wondering if Harden was out before the phoenix game... he wasn’t.

But after the Suns game. Him n Green went out.

Overall Hardens not that type of guy anymore. I think he knows now what’s best.

19. riko

riko Member

Limit the in game minutes

djperm and Stormy1234 like this.
  20. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

What I’ve been barking about in game threads....HOWEVER it seems no matter when Harden goes in he’s in coast mode. They ALL know these games mean much of nothing and it appears that ain’t changing no matter how MDA does it.