1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Only We Could Land DeAndre Jordan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RestHarden, Jan 30, 2018.

1. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

I really feel like all this team needs to beat the Warriors is improving the backup Center position with DeAndre Jordan.

Now we obviously aren't going to trade Capela for Jordan given Capela's age. I wouldn't even start Jordan over Capela. But they are pretty close.

We need both to play about 24 mins per game (aka Capela's average anyway).

Lou Williams + DeAndre Jordan for Eric Gordon + Ryan Anderson would be interesting. I probably wouldn't do it, but it's food for thought. . . .

Someone come up with a way we can get Jordan for our GM to see.

I've been going on about this backup C position for quite some time. There's no question it's all we need to put us over the top. Reason being the effectiveness of Chris Paul (do we really have to watch an injured Predator aka Nene fumble again? . . . catch the ball Nene, this ain't even football, you aren't even wearing a helmet. . . .) + it hits the Warriors where they're weak.

Reasons why you can twist the Clippers arm: DeAndre Jordan signed back with the Clippers after Paul and Griffin essentially forced him to and then they both left . . . . but Griffin was traded by the Clippers. Thus the Clippers might be feeling a bit bad about this and allow for DeAndre to be traded where he wants to go. So if we can just get DeAndre to demand a trade it should possibly work. This Balmer guy is a geek . . . he'll have a soft heart.

Update: I just remembered we're supposedly waiting for Lebron so nevermind this. Morey won't be interested in going all in this year. But for what it's worth I probably would do this trade and I think we would win the 2017/2018 championship.

Update number two: Williams and Jordan are both free agents apparently after this season. Game on! This one trade could win us a championship and give us cap room for Lebron.

#1 RestHarden, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    bilaal14 likes this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I.D.N.D.I.O.T.

hakeem94, topfive, red5rocket and 8 others like this.
  3. rocketseagles07

Gordon absolutely can't go. You need two way player against the warriors and lou will can't guard me let alone anybody that plays for gs. It's not gonna happen

red5rocket and ak99999 like this.
  4. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

The extra defensive weakness that Williams brings would be pretty much cancelled out with the help from DeAndre Jordan's defensive value over Nene.

5. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

Feel free to spell that out and I'll let you know why you're wrong.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No, it wouldn't. He's that bad.

Captain Hook likes this.
  7. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

Williams is arguably more valuable overall than Gordon right now in redraft. And Jordan's defensive value absolutely helps boost William's defensive weakness. Jordan defends behind Williams. Like . . . in the paint. Do you ball or what?

Williams would see the floor with Iguodala for crying out loud. Iguodala is too old to keep up with Williams.

#7 RestHarden, Jan 30, 2018
  8. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

Give me all negative replies over age 21 and a minimum of 7 years playing A-grade hoops if possible.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Lou Williams is fools gold. He is good for the regular season player but come playoffs he will disappear like he did here last year. DeAndre would be nice but not to give up Capela. Ryan Anderson will be gone but which team will it be?

Mr. Turbo likes this.
  10. RestHarden

RestHarden Member

I have to leave now and look forward to reading where this goes later.

I just want to add that the only downside to this trade is if you're Daryl Morey you have to cringe a little at the fact that you are shuffling the deck again and getting rid of Gordon. I mean you would just feel bad doing it. Gordon is a great guy and player.

But it would also be wrong to be complacent just because you've received some criticism in the past about trading too much. Don't let that change you from doing the right things. Not that this trade is necessarily the right thing, but if they are in fact off the books after this year (or back on the books if you want them to be/miss out on Lebron) then it looks pretty good to me.

They say that in order to get Lebron we would have to dump Gordon's contract anyway.

Updated deal: Anderson + Nene + Gordon for DeAndre Jordon + Lou Williams + Montrezl Harrell.

#10 RestHarden, Jan 30, 2018
  11. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Lou Williams is free to walk after this season. We have Eric Gordon locked up for two more years after this season. Why?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

My sauces say Orlando

14. 1Deep

1Deep Member

No Lou can ball. Our offense was too 3pt shot focused for him to excel here. Take the reins off and let him be the scorer that he is and he's nearly unstoppable. I would love to have him back.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. hakeemthagreat

Yea at this point I think some of you just want guys here that'll improve your NBA 2K roster. Winning games and player chemistry are out the window. You just want DJ here so you can throw him lobs by pushing triangle twice

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Clippers are going to do a rebuild. They want young talent and draft picks. Why in the world would they trade for Ryan Anderson?

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes his value among teenage kids is sky high right now I'm sure, he's scoring and he plays in Los Angeles again. There is no reasonable argument to be made that he is more valuable than Gordon. Gordon is on an incredible contract for 2 more years, is at least as good offensively and 30 times the player defensively - and Gordon is not an amazing defender. Any GM would pick Gordon in a redraft, regardless of whether we do or don't take contracts into consideration.

The difference between Jordan's defense and Capela's defense does not make up the gap between Gordon and Williams' defense. Come on, think about it for a second. If Jordan was the player you're claiming he is at 29, the Clippers would have won a couple of titles while he was in his mid 20's.

justtxyank likes this.
  18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

So, no one gonna mention that we cannot have Lou on our team until the off season. When he’d be a free agent anyway?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly what i was thinking. interesting to see all these kids act like lou hasn't been this scorer his entire career. well that's bc this is the first time they're seeing him despite being in the league 14 years

20. mockster

mockster Member

Gordon is better then Williams. Only reason why Williams is this good right now is due to the lack of stars on clippers and injuries so he’s the only source of scoring for guards

Gordon is a better overall player in my opinion