1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If LeBron James is so great, why does he have to change teams and stack the deck with superstars

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Houston112, Apr 25, 2018.

1. hakeemthagreat

This doesn't make any sense. Are you telling me, with the level of competition in the western conference, that playing on a lousy roster, with a lousy organization, doesn't factor in you making the postseason now? Really lol? That's foolish to think. Roster talent is everything. If he was able to put up 26pt & 12reb on a nightly basis, as the #1 and only option, he is a superstar player. I'd venture to say it's even MORE impressive given the triple/double teams he saw every night playing for terrible team in Minny. All you're doing is downplaying this man's talent to paint a imaginary picture that Lebron has no help. Lebron has PLENTY of help. If Kevin Love's not a superstar for not making the playoffs with a terrible team, then how is Lebron the GOAT if he can't win a ring regardless of his roster? Looks like you're moving the goal post for Lebron again

#241 hakeemthagreat, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  2. hakeemthagreat

People need to stop moving the goal post for Lebron

3. Mr. Space City

lousy roster lol

he had ricky rubio, kevin martin, luc mbah moute, pekovic etc. with rick adelman as his head coach.

kevin martin scored 19 ppg and pekovic was an 18/9 center.

if you're a superstar that's good enough to get an 8th seed. we've seen real superstars like harden do more with less.

but when you're the worst defender in the league at your position and constantly disappear in 4th quarters, you're not making the impact a superstar is supposed to make on a game

Again stop moving the goalpost.

You keep mentioning Lebron when the topic at hand was Kevin Love being a SUPERSTAR
    that's the dumbest shyt i've ever heard.

Beating golden state in the finals =/= Making the playoffs as an 8th seed.

Kevin love wasn't playing the Warriors every night.

talk about reaching.

#243 Mr. Space City, Jun 4, 2018
    xaos likes this.
  4. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Lol at calling Kevin Love a superstar. I wouldn't trade Capela for Kevin steal my teammates rebounds Love, not even in his prime.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

At least fat Klove could post up. Skinny Klove can only post up CJ miles.

6. hakeemthagreat

He had Ricky Rubio? Oh yea, that definitely should've catapulted him into the playoffs in the west (rolls eyes). Not ONE of those guys you named is worth mentioning (including a young Luc). Kevin Love was a superstar playing on a LOUSY team, and STILL managed to put up elite numbers every night. The numbers don't lie

P.S. For you to sit here and call that roster anything but trash takes away from any point you were attempting to make, Minnesota has been one of the laughing stocks of the league for sometime now

7. Mr. Space City

kevin love was an all-star playing on a decent team any real superstar would lead to the playoffs.

here are some numbers that don't lie

play some ****ing defense and average more than 0.5 blocks per game and maybe your team gets over .500.

rm365 likes this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

Kevin Love was putting up superstar numbers. You can argue over semantics all you want. But his NUMBERS, combined with his skill set at his position, regarded him a superstar. There is no grey area here

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why are you trying so hard? I dun really care about him. If he is a superstar, he might be one of the lesser superstars, most useless superstars.

I think Bosh is much better in terms of bringing it in crucial games.

xaos likes this.
  10. Mr. Space City

that's the difference between me and you.

i don't just go by RAW NUMBERS. i actually watched the games

boxscore watchers like you said westbrook had a better season than harden because TRIPLE DOUBLES.

superstars lead teams to over .500 records.

11. Mr. Space City

can someone name a bonafide superstar that never lead a team over .500?

even melo did it.

12. hakeemthagreat

If you watched the games you would've seen his skillset was ridiculous as a PF. He could postup, shoot & rebound, and was a ELITE stretch 4. At time he was regarded one of the best PF's in the NBA. I'm not sure what you were watching

13. BackdoorHarden

THIS IS WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

[​IMG]

14. hakeemthagreat

I'm not trying at all. It's a fact, Lebron has a very well assembled roster. When they traded everybody away at the deadline, everybody praised how young & more athletic they got. Now the same ppl are making it as if Lebron carried some bums to the finals. It's the same song & dance every year Lebron loses

Exiled likes this.
  15. Mr. Space City

he was good but not superstar level.

i have higher standards for a superstar PF. i don't throw around the superstar word for anybody.

if you're trash defensively as a PF that's a huge liability. you can hide a poor defensive perimeter player, but you can't hide a terrible defensive PF.

he consistently averaged 0.5 blocks per game. That is HORRIBLE for a "superstar PF". again he was the worst rim protector in the league and that's backed up with NUMBERS.

if you're gonna be terrible defensively, you better at least balance it out with amazing offensive production and love was just very good offensively.

he struggled to create his own shot at times, which was the reason he disappeared in 4th quarters so much.

he was not an elite 1 on 1 player.

he was not an elite post player.

he was an good 3 point shooter and rebounder. THAT'S IT.

his skillset was empty and didn't result to winning. consistently not showing up in 4th quarters and being terrible defensively negates any of the positives you did in the first 3 quarters. same **** the rockets seen with kevin martin. great in the first 3 quarters but consistently was a ghost in 4th quarters because he couldn't reliably create his own shot when we needed buckets and cost the rockets so many wins.

you can be an "eite stretch 4" and still not be a SUPERSTAR. that's doesn't mean ****.

rondo is an "elite pure pg" but he's not a SUPERSTAR.

#255 Mr. Space City, Jun 4, 2018
  16. Exiled

Exiled Member

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

When there are teams like the Warriors of course you have to surround yourseld with the best players

francis 4 prez and rm365 like this.
  19. blink

blink Contributing Member

Hope lebron comes to houston. You cant win without 2+ stars. Harden played poorly the second halves in the GS series, plain and simple... it was cp3 that made it a series.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jordan couldn't get out of the first round 6 times why is he the GOAT? You are saying the GOAT should win regardless of his roster right gow come Jordan couldn't get past the first round 6 times consecutively? At least Lebron never lost a series in the first round what kind of GOAT loses in the first round 6 times?

Kobe got his ass handed to his by PHX the only time he didn't have a HOF big man so he is garbage right?

Nobody considers Kevin Love a superstar gimme a break he even had a lot of haters saying he was an empty stats all star since he couldn't bring his team to the playoffs. Dude put up a lot of rebs but he was inefficient scoring in the post and he had lousy defense that's why he isn't a superstar.