1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Dwight doesn't re-sign, who will be our center?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Pete the Cheat

Mo Speights on this team intrigues me

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I dunno he has bad shoulders.

DD

3. ballgame

ballgame Member

This^ ;)

4. ballgame

ballgame Member

Every GM is asking, where is Leonard defensively? There's a reason why he comes off the bench

5. ballgame

ballgame Member

Uh, NO! Hopefully he moves on. His game is outdated and after 12 yrs or however long, it hasn't changed. He still does the same things he's done since he entered the league! He hasn't developed post moves, doesn't pass well and he can't face up.

The NBA is moving towards players who can shoot, rebound, pass and cut, i.e, the Golden State Warriors. True Centers are a thing of the past. However, I think Joakim Noah would be perfect with the Rockets; he defends, pass and he doesn't hurt you offensively.

6. Fantasma Negro

Meyers Leonard's defense: see Terrence Jones

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

None of this matters if James doesn't reduce his turnovers and improve dramatically on defense. It's on him!

8. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

I'd take a flyer on Noah if he's healthy. He'd bring rebounding, defense, passing and not to mention something this team is sorely lacking. LEADERSHIP.

9. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Noah will be a STEAL if he's healthy. Reminds me of how people forgot about Tyson Chandler for a little while before the Mavs brought him in. The health is a serious concern, but if he's good to go, he'd be an upgrade in a lot of ways. Passing, free-throws, intangibles, etc... Again, all depends on health.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

I heard Morey was planning on pairing these two together once upon a time. ;)

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'd be interested in Gasol but him interested Bulls West? Probably not.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#90 J.R., Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  11. basketballholic

Nene wants to come here. But I doubt Morey offers him anything above the Room MLE. Don't know if that'll be enough to get him.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes please! :)

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's a really big "if" though...i like Noah, i think we need a fighter like him, but at this point of his career i don't know...one of the reasons you don't want to sign Dwight is because of his age/durability, well, you can argue the same about Noah.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nene would be a solid center. But I agree the Room MLE (2.8M) isn't enough to get him (or Noah).

15. ballgame

ballgame Member

With Capella on the team, Noah would be limited to 20 to 25 minutes a game. Capella is coming along and he will need more minutes next yr. We just need a stop gap until Capella develops.

If we can't get KD or Hoford, I can live with Noah, plus a trade for Jimmy Butler or sign Harrison Barnes or Nicolas Batum. Harden needs a running mate!

16. rockets13champs

17. rockets13champs

If dwight goes tp orlando they wont move vucevic to pf and lose their man aaron gordon. Most likely Vucevic would come to us in a sign and trade. This would attract a guy like KD and barnes or kd and horford. Because we now have 5 guys who could create their own shots if we do their any combo of horford, barnes or kd

18. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Doesn't really matter if it's Capella or another C.

One thing if for sure...

We will be better than the eight seed.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

And that's ok, but i need to see how much money he'll ask first. I like Noah, but in this situation he wouldn't be a priority if i'm Morey.

That said, i don't think we have the assets to acquire Butler, if they're are goin to move him, they'll find a deal with Ainge imo.

For Barnes you'll probably need a max (not sure he's worth it) and i still don't think the Warriors won't match in that case...

Batum is very good, but for the mac i'm not sure...i like him a lot, buyt i don't know why, i see him as a contract year player, but this is just my idea of him.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nope, they can sign two max guys this summer, so they can sign Dwight and Parsons or whoever they can, and than trade Vuc for a good player in another spot.