1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I know we have been really dominant but..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Samiam1234, Nov 23, 2017.

1. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Yes, the Rockets exceeded my expectations on opening night! Glad they did. I think we have a truly special team and am excited for every game like most of us. But I think you misunderstand me "digging" for negatives as if I NEED them. I don't.

We won against the defending champs on opening and I was stoked like everyone else. Reality is we're a team getting to that next level and offered a thought in how we might do so. And now that we have an elite pg in cp3 to go along with him, I'm not saying Harden needs to JUST be a spotup guy like Reddick. I'm saying I like where it's going so far with him and cp3 (it's actually progressed a bit if you watch the last 3 games in how he's learning to play with him) and I hope it develops even more so that he's able to have multiple ways to score when teams throw everything at stopping his primary strength (playmaking, creating for himself). The simple observation and thought I had is that perhaps Harden getting EASIER shots playing off-ball will HELP him be in his groove when he's in position to create shots for himself. Simple as that. I actually do think Harden has the capability of scoring in so many more ways than he's gotten used to. And I think if he unleashes it all, he will truly be unstoppable against even the best teams for 7 games.

So in the end, I think you're misreading and looking for a fight ... I'm not some disgruntled Rockets fan who is bitter at our success ... My original post was about an aspect of Harden's game that I thought could be adjusted for the better, and watching the last two games, it's shown good progress and as a fan of his and the teams', I hope it develops so that we can win in the playoffs (I don't think it's "elite" quite yet, so we disagree there). But if you're just triggered because I'm not "relishing our success" in the moment by celebrating us blowing out teams that wont be a threat to us in the playoffs, then I have nothing more to say. We all knew Paul and Harden would take time to develop. I think they will continue to do so. I offered a thought in how that might happen.

#201 HewbieTrippin, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

The only point in my posts was to address the future improvements. How does talking about future improvements make me a debbie downer? The whole "debbie-downer" thing was created from his response to my initial posts that had nothing to do with taking shots at our success. It was highlighting one aspect that I thought could get better and that I hoped would. I think it's rather assuming to think I'm not happy with our success just because I see more potential to be had.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

4. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

where is this idiot today?

Harden is as good of a playmaker and ball-handler as CP3?

Can't believe that this was even debatable

LMAO