1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE JOE JOHNSON

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsdreamer, Feb 14, 2018.

1. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

"Dumbtoni" - good one!1!! It's like "McFail" only with "Dumb" because "Dan" sounds like "Dumb". I get it!

Keep bringing the fire - don't let anyone tell you that you are a derivative child!

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I hope JJ gets his shot back before the playoffs. I'm quite sure MDA will play him.

saleem likes this.
  3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He wasn't bad last game.

jevjnd and saleem like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It was one of his least worst games!

kevtse, jevjnd, SF3isBack!! and 3 others like this.
  5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I want to see Green on the floor even less than Johnson. Green simply isn't a smart player, this is about Nene.

I'm hoping it's just rest and he will be back later, but Nene is clearly a more stable rotation player than either guy. I do not like these super small lineups we keep running out there. It's great as an option to chance pace, but over extended minutes I don't care for it at all.

Johnson hasn't been a bad player for us, he's just been an abysmal shooter. He takes good shots, makes good passes, and plays capable defense, but he just can't seem to find the net with any regularity.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

JJ gonna show his value to all u +/-, box scoring, play-by-play jj haters his tru value to da team. With some of our players getting injured, at least JJ ole healthy body can play for the team.

Typical haters: "we rather watch our team lose than watch this garbage man play"
    If JJ doesn't play, our other players gonna have to play increased mins, increasing chances of injury to core members. Shorter rotation or JJ playing (lol).

So guess what haters, u may not like him, but he's gonna hold down the fort and b given the chance to make HISTORY with the Rockets (franchise win record) while our team heals up.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

MDA is obviously making horrible decisions about our rotation, and there's no way anyone can deny it.

The proof: Since Johnson's first game with us, the team has completely fallen apart, stumbling to a 15-1 record.

{EDIT: Make that 16-1}

#627 topfive, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Dumbtoni needs to cut his minutes. Would rather see a backup big or green come in.

hibbetts likes this.
  9. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

JOE JOHNSON or COREY BREWER. Cast you votes.

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

You kid but the Rockets have played like a 41 team with Johnson on the court(+0.5), and like a 67 win team without him(+8.6).

He was the reason for the loss against Toronto.

Playing on an ATG team and no having a winning output with them is insane.

As soon as the schedule got harder in late January he's been exposed as trash.

alcatrazpsycho and today like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Pulling out random numbers out of your ass not gonna change the end results that we are 15-1 with him. 41 win team? 67 win team? what mumbo jumbo u smoking, we are a 58-14 team rn. Even before Johnson joined us we were like 43-13, pffft 41 win team.
    The cavs right now are 43 win team, r u saying that with Johnson playing we are at that caliber destined to win Eastern conference?
    I fking hate JJ haters who like to blame him for everything, JJ did not single handily put the team behind by 20ish points against the Raptors in the beginning.

topfive likes this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Brewer is athletic, but he failed to play with any discipline for Houston. I don't miss him. I have some hope that Joe will play better, and be a useful rotation player in the playoffs.

13. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

JJ posting up small guards is still a threat for the opposing team's defense, and he is a very good passer out of post. I still believe we can use this in some situations in the playoffs. I am not saying that he fits the Rockets better than Green does or deserves more minutes, but at this point of season, it doesn't hurt to try to add diversity into our offense and practice something that we may benefit from in the playoffs. After all, we didn't lose any game because MDA played Joe Johnson.

Game7 likes this.
  14. aroundtheblock2

Joe Johnson is doing just fine, I think everything hes doing is part of the plan.

topfive likes this.
  15. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

I’ve noticed some chemistry between JJ and GG when they both on the floor. While JJ posting up and GG walking around the 3pt line.

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

JJ will play more minutes than GG even if he never gets his 3 ball back, simply because JJ can play PF and GG can't.

17. aroundtheblock2

Kind of what I was saying the other day, GG is going to get minutes at SF, JJ is to be put in strictly at PF because he simply can't play anywhere else.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully D'Antoni plays Green and Joe. It looks like they are starting to catch a rhythm together.

19. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

This. I noticed some sweet eye contact and crush between these two on the court.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Gerald Green can ride my tail anyday..." - Joe Johnson