1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Humans: Unusually Murderous Mammals, Typically Murderous Primates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

Or ask for the manager.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@ROXRAN @Commodore
    Two people dead in CHAZ.
    Random kids. The article might be proving right.
    Two out of 100 will be murdered that’s without any factors such environment or politics.
    humans going to be humans

[​IMG]

3. bongman

bongman Member

You dont need a law to understand that if you murder somebody, one if the victim's family will get you or one of your love ones back. Its called empathy. If you need a law to prevent you from murdering folks, then ur moral compass is just bankrupt.

I dont steal things because i want to keep my stuff.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Tinman, if 2 in 100 people will be murdered regardless of enviorment or politics, then why is there not a single country in the world with a murder rate greater of 1 in a thousand?

5. tinman

Supporting Member

The author states

But once we formed large states, “institutions like the rule of law reduced rates of lethal violence below what one would expect for a mammal with our ancestry and ecology,

there was no large state or institution of law in that area of CHAZ

[​IMG]

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Was there only 100 people total to have ever entered the area of CHAZ at any time?

7. tinman

Supporting Member

I never got the census results from CHAZ, I bet they forgot to fill out their surveys

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Don't @ me for stupid stuff like this man.

I told you and will tell you, I'm always interested in having genuine conversations about things like murder rates, life expectancies, infant mortality rates, economic systems, social systems, and what directions could improve our country regarding these issues, and we don't have to agree.

Save the monkey memes and CHAZ stuff for someone else plz.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

lol, come on everyone loves planet of the apes

Yeah. I was not surprised that CHAZ thing didn't end up well and violent incidents occurred.

anyone can speculate on why it happened, but I think what the article said based on science was right.

territory, you can't cram a bunch of people together and not have an institution of governance.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think it has near to nothing to do with anything that matters. You can tell me if you've seen me post in the CHAZ thread, I haven't read but one thing about it and am not interested in learning much else. That being said I check the world murder rates, and the state murder rates, and county murder rates often.

I want to know why our murder rate is hovering around 5 (per 100k), and nearly every other highly developed country is hovering around 1. Why is this country's progression towards a better society so stunted?

While some stat about primates killing rates is neat for what it is, it has almost no relevance to our problems.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

there was no institution of law in chaz, thus increases the chances of violent acts
    when you compare it to a real country or city

and humans did kill humans

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Again, I'm not talking about chaz, I don't know anything about it. Although, through my limited knowledge, I think it's fairly easy to say thousands of people passed through that area rendering your point worthless.

I'm not comparing chaz to countries I'm comparing countries to countries, I have written this out very directly how is this your natural response if this isn't trolling or some kind of bad faith argument?

13. likestohypeguy

Has C.H.A.Z. conducted its first census yet? I'm curious their per capita murder rate.

tinman likes this.
  14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I see Professor @tinman had been lecturing and par for the course I am tardy to class.

tinman likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

you realize that human beings are the only species where you have to use laws or religion to teach our species not to kill each other.

you know when Moses went up that mountain and some glowing being gives him some glowing word document to tell the humans
    "THOU SHALL NOT KILL"

why is that?
    why do we have laws to stop killings but people still do it anyways?

Could it just be human nature?
    why? why? could they do me that way?

16. bongman

bongman Member

You do undersrtand that the killing did not stop right? As a matter of fact, the bible is so contradictory that one portion says dont kill while the other parts provides instructions for genocide.

Additionally, how did humans learn that it is immoral to:
    - molest children
    - treat people as slaves
    - treat homosexuals differently
    - be a racist

Those should have been in the commandments instead of the first 4 which was just all about him. We did not need SPECIAL instructions to understand that those are not acceptable

17. tinman

Supporting Member

That's the point the killing never stopped regardless of laws or religion

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How does the crime rate in the Seattle autonomous zone compare to what it was before?

tinman likes this.
  19. bongman

bongman Member

Agree, so the claim that we needed a law to tell us it is bad was not required. It was just repeating something we already know yet we keep making the same mistake.

I really don't have an issue with labeling humans as murderers but to equate that as somehow instinctual, could be an over simplication. Greed is most likely the cause of all these behaviors.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I didn’t write the article
    But I agree with it

pretty much the entire history of mankind has murder