1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much longer until Bud is demoted to 3rd string?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pge71188, Jan 13, 2012.

1. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Dude flat out is lost on the court

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Going to be traded. He can take Martin with him as well.

3. arjun

arjun Member

bud sucks. so does martin.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

he's pulling a Brooks destroying his trade value...

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look - he was playing great in Adelman's system, he is not a guy that is going to beat many off the dribble, so he has to find his by cutting etc, but in this system, if he cuts at the wrong time he clogs the lane for the guy driving ala Kyle or Dragon.

He is certainly not nearly as effective in this system, now I expect people to continue to say he sucks or this and that, and they are right in regards to how the Rox are playing this year, they should trade him somewhere that his game fits a little better where they can run those curls off of pindowns etc....because right now, he just stands in the corner trying to be a target.

Most of the players stats are down this year, expect for kyles.

The new system is taxing on a lot of folks.

DD

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bud wasn't bad at all today. Dragon was turribly turrible.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Parsons doesn't seem to have any problem playing in this offense, moving without the ball, making great basket cuts, making plays off offensive rebounds. He hasn't had any extra time working with McHale than Budinger, so what gives?

8. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Exactlt

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Parsons is better than Budinger. DD sure spent a lot of words avoiding saying that. :)

10. DaDakota

Yes, as I said, some players play better when they get to touch the ball, Parsons seems to be fine without it.

I know a lot of guys that slump their shoulders and don't compete as hard if they are not touching the ball....I see that happening in a lot of the Rockets.

Right now, it is a 3 headed monster in ball touches...Lowry, Hill and Scola, the rest have to get their own.

Heck, even Dally has struggled some games, he was very involved tonight, but he has certainly suffered from exactly what I am talking about other nights.

I am sure you guys have played the game on some level and know what i am trying to say...right?

DD

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

As bad as Bud looks, he isn't hurting the team. He was +1 today plus minus, all the other bench players were well in the red.

He's 3rd in adjusted plus minus this year, after being 2nd last year. He helps the team, somehow. A lot happens away from the ball.

Kevin Martin is the real train wreck. His adjusted plus minus is an astounding -21 for the year. He's been terrible.

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

I'd rather see Morris or Twill then Budinger! This system doesn't fit his play style anymore. I think Parsons has better handles then Budinger also. When Budinger drives to the basket.>>Turnover:(

13. DaDakota

I agree with that - this thread is about Bud being demoted when he was 2 for 3 tonight and played a grand total of 18 minutes....and btw he had 6 boards.

I am trying to nicely say this thread is way off base and a shallow look at what is happening.

DD

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bud isn't hurting the team because he is close to a 2nd stringer.... Parsons made him look good
    He was below average as a starter....had a turrible first 3 games

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really feel like Bud's heart isn't in basketball. Bud during the off season went to play Volleyball while Parsons went overseas to play Basketball. I rarely see any glee/fire in his face from basketball.

16. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Every time we take a shot, Parsons will rush to the basket. That is how he has been getting crazy amounts of hustle shots.

He plays exceptional defense as a rookie. He might be our best SF/SG defender right now....

He is always moving on the offensive end.

17. DaDakota

I LOVE how he plays, simply love it....CBud has been beaten out fair and square..he could be doing the same thing, but he is a confidence guy who thrives when he gets touches, and sometimes fades when he doesn't.

DD

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Play Williams over Budinger!

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There isn't a white guy quota. You are allowed to have two in the rotation, I'm not sure why people assume parsons in means bud goes out.

Bud is better than t-will, period.
    But not as good as parsons.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He was only good in the system for about 30 games last year. He was a turd the rest of the season. If his shot isn't falling he has a negative effect on the game. The problem with Bud is that even when he stays in front of his man, no one respects him on defense so he does not alter any shots. They might as well be wide open.