1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many centers do you pick before Clint?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, Dec 3, 2017.

?

How many get picked before Capela?

1. 2

2. 3

3. 4

4. 5

5. 6

6. 7

7. 8

8. 9

9. 10

10. 11

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

If you’re the captain of one of the all star teams, how many (and which) centers do you pick before you get to Mr. Capela?

Don’t consider injuries for purposes of this exercise.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

#2 napalm06, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think it also really depends on the contest, cause considering only the player skills, i don't think Capela is a top 10 center as today, he just doesn't have the skills of guys like Cousins, Towns, Gasol, Embiid, Jokic, Horford, Nurkic, Turner...and guys like Gobert, Drummond, Adams are arguably a better (even if by just a bit) version of him, and that's imo, cause for other people Howard, Whiteside and DeAndre are also better.

But if i consider the contest, and i have a James Harden or a Chris Paul i think i can take Capela over guys like Nurkic, Jokic, Gasol, Turner...if i have a team like Golden State or Boston i'd take a Gasol, Jokic, Horford over Capela.

ilias and Houstunna like this.
  4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I for sure take these 6 over Capela this season

Cousins, Embiid, Jokic, Towns, Marc, Gobert

Debateables

Whiteside, Jordan, Turner, Adams, Horford, Nurkic, Howard, Vucevic, Drummond

For the most depends on what your team needs, Towns/Drummond/Vuc can be bad defensively, Howard/Cousins can be a headcase, Marc/Horford aren't that great of rebounders, many aren't that mobile, Jordan/Howard/Drummond/Whiteside can have horrific FT shooting,

Capela has a lot of good going for him, but the center position is very talented as there are 15 very high quality centers in the league IMO. Clint is in a large 6-16 bracket currently for me.

Rocket PR likes this.
  5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

No question I take Whiteside, Myles, and Steven Adams over Clint. Wouldn't touch Dwight or Vucevic.

SIL

6. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Jokic, Embiid and Cousins (and Anthony Davis if you consider him a center which I do) that's it. You have to consider fit. He is a perfect fit for our offense.

7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

No to Jokic, awful defensively. Offensively, sure he's pretty nice but a lot of that would be useless given how much Harden and even CP3 dominate the ball. I'd take him to trade him(just sheer value wise over clint).

SIL

8. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

For our team? 0 or 1. I think Joel Embiid is the best Center in the game.

For the All Star game? 10? 20?

Clint isn’t making an All Star squad, no matter his numbers, or our record.

I’d venture to say DJ, Steven Adams, Andre Drummond, Hassan Whiteside, Myles Turner would be on Par as far as production on our squad.

I think Embiid would exceed his production playing the same style, and could expand our offense.

I think Anthony Davis, Nikola Jokic, Kristaps Porzingis, DeMarcus Cousins, KA Towns and Marc Gasol would change the way we play, and thus, would be incomparable.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

KAT, Embiid, and Cousins are the only players clearly better IMO.

Gasol isn't having a particularly good season and his perimeter defense was already suspect.

Gobert and Whiteside are players I might pick ahead of him. Drummond has improved his FTs, but can't grasp why his defense isn't better.

10. Garner

Garner Member

No porzingis mention yet?

11. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

for sure: Jokic, Embiid, Cousins, KAT, Gobert, M. Gasol
    probably: Turner and Adams
    maybe: Nurkic
    definitely not: Whiteside, Drummond, DJ

I consider KP, AD, and Horford as PFs but I'd take em all over Clint if we're counting them as centers.

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Gobert might?

Dude's incredibly dominant defensively. He'll have to learn how to play p&r, and go straight up better on offense but defensively alone he'd make us elite.

SIL

Yung-T likes this.
  13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

KP is listed at 4... but if considered a 5, he's ahead of everyone not named Joel.
    Yeah, he's a prime candidate.... 70%+ FT, too.

How good are his hands? --- Capela catches everything and goes up BEFORE coming down.

14. RESINator

RESINator Member

Porzingas, towns, embiid, Whiteside, Dwight Howard, Gasol, Rudy gorbert, Brook Lopez, Jokic, Cousins, Steven Adams, Drummond

15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Goberts hands are fine.... he'll catch the ball. He has to learn to go straight up, and not gather though. He'd figure that out, but outside of that he'd be another all-star caliber player on our team and contribute his strength without taking away from our other two.

SIL

16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Jokic's DRPM is 2.96 4th best in the whole league!

17. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Ya but I actually watch him.

SIL

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

If I'm picking for an All-Star team like the OP stipulates, and I'm using center designation according to ESPN's depth charts, I'd pick all of these guys ahead of Clint without hesitation...

Love
    Jokic
    Drummond
    Jordan
    M. Gasol
    Whiteside
    Towns
    Cousins
    Embiid
    Nurkic

Then there are guys like Howard, Horford, Vucevic, etc. who I at least have to consider.

19. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If that is the list..

I'll take Porzingis, Towns, Embiid, Gasol, Jokic, Cousins over Capela..........

Brook Lopez on that list?! lol.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Nothing against Clint but this question is so depressing when it comes to the quality of centers in the NBA today.

YOLO likes this.