1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you think Yao Ming would have fared in today's game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by giordun, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Lol if Brook Lopez can average 20 and 6, then Yao can easily average 20 and 10. *Sigh* if only Yao was a few inches shorter...

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm 13 and I haven't seen Yao play. I doubt he'd make it in today's game. Can he even shoot or play in the post??

3. i3artow i3aller

I always wish they had kept Yao a little lighter. Everyone wanted him to beef up and Shaq was still around when Yao entered so it made sense at the time.

With that being said a healthy Yao is still a superstar in today's NBA. Sometimes I think far too many members forget just how amazing Yao and Tracy were. JVG's offense was painful to watch, and yet in face of both that and a supremely underwhelming supporting cast, those teams still dominated.

Side note: I still hate Dallas. That series was a screw job by the refs all the way. Watch the games. JVG was tipped off and fined for speaking out. Don't even get me started on the Mavs just running around out of bounds with the ball and taking possession.

4. hat1

hat1 Member

How do you think Yao Ming would have fared in today's game?

good one-on-one skill, high percentage FT, good mid-range jumper, willing to set pick, but may be a little slow in today's fast pace game