1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you feel about Tmac's play since he came back from injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Feb 9, 2008.

?

How do you feel about Tmac's play since he is back

1. He has fully integrated and we just need to wait for the playoff suprise

69 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. He has made major changes and still left a bit to be changed

148 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. Not much has changed, this is the Tmac we had.

57 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. No change needed.

11 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. rfila

rfila Member

A while ago I started a thread: "Let's face it, it is up to Tmac how far we can go" when the board was disccusing possible trade for Redd or kidd.(I can not find my original thread because I do have the search function).

My point was: we basically have all the pieces and we are quite certain, from the team performance point of view, about what we will get from all major players other than Tmac. And he is not just the X factor, he is also the biggest factor when it comes to integrate the whole offense. Although I totally disagreed with those who said we are better with Tmac sitting on the bench, I did beleive that Tmac could make this offense a lot better with him integrate into team play. I thought it is hard for him to change the role, (not the lesser role, but the different role),especially on the mental part.

I have been pleased with what I have seen since he came back from injury. He is both giving a lot of effort which was missing for some period and playing within the team. I like seeing the team with Yao being the backbone and Tmac being the brain and we are playing very good team ball.

I think we are moving in the right direction, and I still think it is up to Tmac how far we can go. I would like to see your opinion about how you feel about Tmac's performance since he came back.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

as tmac gets healthier (u can see he's not with him missing 2 dunks tonight), this team can only get better.

i think we still can reach one more gear as we head down the stretch and another one in the playoffs when tmac goes all out.

3. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

i know this is just a little thing to whine about but...
    he needs to get rid of his heat check shots. Why check your heat when you still have NOT secure the victory?
    otherwise. I am very happy with his performance recently

4. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

I think the way he's been playing is great. I haven't seen him do much "heat checks" or take many other questionable shots. He's passing more and we're starting to gel as a team now.

5. Skip-To-My-Lou

I believe Tmac can lead us to victory in the playoffs.....I would like to see him be more aggresive in the 1st quarter. All he does is look to pass and when he realizes he hasnt shot the ball yet he fires up a hard 3 pointer. I think he needs to immediatly bring it to the basket and go for some fouls to create some foul trouble. Once he works on this his outside game will open up. He needs to get 5-7 shots of I believe in the 1st quarter so we can get him going.

6. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

A lot of the credit has to go to the teammates also. They have learned to be more aggressive even when Tmac is playing i.e. Scola isn't passing up chances to score.

But, I can also tell that there's a little more fluidity in Tmac's game. He's reacting quicker, not dominating the ball as much, and mentally has realized that he's not on a JVG team anymore.

7. t_mac1

exactly, scola has been our best offensive player in the first quarter in the past 3 games it appears (minny, cavs, and now hawks).

this team is better not b/c of yao or tracy, but b/c of the development of the role players.

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Plainly and simply:

Only flagrant haters believe that trading McGrady will help the team in any way at this point.

9. seaweed

seaweed Member

The play's OK.
    Not outstanding, but OK.
    Just meets the basic requirements for a star player.
    If judging him with the standards for normal players, he played well.

10. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

We're 10-1 since hes been back, and I think hes playing great basketball.

11. rfila

rfila Member

This is not about trade possibility. I said I would not even think about redd or kidd trade because the trade would not made us good enough to go deep in the playoff while Tmac can if he fully integrate into the team ball. At this stage we do not have any other real option but go with Tmac and see what happens. So far it is encouraging IMO.

12. ihatehyena

ihatehyena Member

He played better, but far from the level in Magic, the level Rockets need for a championship.

13. t_mac1

u want that guy - that guy was playing for us earlier in the season. so he still has that. u saw that he couldn't finish off those 2 dunks tonight so obviously his explosion and quickness aren't there yet. but as long as we win and tmac can get himself into shape (he does look out of shape or not as fit as he was to start the season), then we'll be in great shape.

for us to be a true championship contender, tmac must play like he did to start the year and the rest of the team to play like they are now.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Obviously he's not full strength. But he hasn't taken a single early-in-the-shot-clock, 22-24ft jump shot off a high screen that I can remember in our past few games. That's good. He's not shooting well still, but at least his shots are open for the most part, so it will come around. In the games he has shot well, he has bailed us out badly.

I do think he's saving something for the playoffs, namely his penetrating ability. We will be very dangerous when we get there.

15. Yaoterminator

Yaoterminator Member

pointless...

He is not playing consistently, sometimes wonderful, sometimes fine, sometimes horrible.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is integrating with the rest of the team better than before which is encouraging but he does need to shoot better and get to the FT line more often.His passing is good and defensively he is getting better too.
    It remains to be seen how much better he can do without taking away opportunities from the other players.
    I don't think of him as a selfish guy. When a player has a high skill level it's natural to feel that you can do a much better job than anyone else. Tracy is going to struggle with that and we will always need him to take us over the hump along with Yao but as long as the team keeps on improving the easier it's going to get for the team and also for him as well.
    I'll give him a B so far since he came back from injury.

17. drich

drich Member

now we will have all the i love tmac threads this is the second one lets see what we can get it to fellas. I am really tired of the i jump on and off the bandwagon people around here. just because the wagon has a flat doesn't mean you go sale it or trade it you change the tire and keep on moving on down the road :rolleyes:

18. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

I say "no change is needed" because Tmac's court vision has always been ready for this offense. The team as a whole is just getting better at Adleman's offense. Tmac hasn't changed, its just the team getting better at moving without the ball, getting good looks.

Remember long ago Magic Johnson highly praised Tmac for his playmaking skills. His team-playing skills have been there for YEARS, it just took the right coach to get the rest of the team adjusted to exploit his skills correctly correctly.

People complain because a lot of times he'll look to score first.. think about that. Him and Yao are our first scoring options, its expected of him to get his attempts.

19. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

wow i said "correctly" twice, its gettin close to my bedtime

20. rfila

rfila Member

I do not understand this at all. If you check my posts, my position has never changed. I am not TOH/TOF/YOF or whatever. I have been talking about the team performance and how individual player relates to the team. I root for the team. It is possible my point seems to be a bit biased sometimes. But I think it is more because my own backgound that tends to recognize something like effort/team concept ect. rather than plainly put any individual about the team I root.

Honestly, I can not stand so many hostile comments on a fun forum. After all, we root for the same team. Sometmes, I feel this board go crazy with some trivial thing just like a couple decide to get divoced because one decide to vote for democratic candidate while the other vote for republic.

Maybe it is the clutch's fault. They must have their own sever located in houston and all the message goes through the sever get over heated and come out hot. :mad: