1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

How do you feel about bandwagon fans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Mar 17, 2008.

?

How do you feel about bandwagon fans?

1. They dont bother me.

66 vote(s)
    55.5%
  2. I despise them.

53 vote(s)
    44.5%
  1. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I got people coming up to me talkin about the Rockets, and I dont know how to feel or what to think, becuase those same people were nowhere to be seen in November. They were nowhere to be seen when we were below .500. A part of me feels good about it. We're bringing people together. People are behind the team even though it may be temporary. But Perhaps we might make some long term fans.....

The other part is like "Get the hell outta my face. Where the hell were you in November? Where the hell were you when we lost six straight? Where the hell were you before February?"

I dont know how to feel sometimes.

#1 Nice Rollin, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  2. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

i would rather have the toyota center filled to capacity (even if 40% is bandwagon) over an empty lower bowl, and those that are down there sitting on their hands.

3. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I freaking hate it when bandwagon fans think they know more about the Rockets that me. Considering the fact that they have watched no more than 10 games the whole season, it gives them no right to criticize or analyze the Team in any way.

4. Asian Sensation

Quit being greedy. There's plenty of room left on the wagon. As long as you know you're a die hard Rockets fan it should be ALLLLLLLLL GOOOD!

5. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Who cares?

Every team has their casual/bandwagon fans. Some cities are basketball cities and some aren't. Just because you watch the Rockets year round doesn't make you a more deserving fan nor does it grant you the right to criticize the team more than anybody else. And a lot of people simply don't have the time to keep up with a sports team and watch every game. That doesn't make them any less of a fan.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The more the merrier. More press coverage and merchandising sales to support the Rockets.

I live in LA, and the more nationally televised games, the better.

7. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

no point in being bitter, the more the merrier.

the last few years have been heart breaking. on the other hand, this streak has made it all worthwhile.

8. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I still know people who says Yao Ming sucks and is soft. Then a few others that are like "yeah... isn't Tmac like injured with his back?" And not to mention "Yao/Tmac sucks, Dwade (Garnett, Lerbon) rules!"

Now the team is winning and they're like "ALRIGHT! we're awesome!"

They're exactly like me when I'm talking about the NFL.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I don't mind them as long as the TC is nice and LOUD. You can bet half of those people are "bandwagon" fans, but as long as they're there and yelling, who cares?

I watched the game with a bunch of "BW" fans Friday night and, while is was a little annoying having them ask me questions like "is Yao still hurt?" or "how many in a row is this, 20?", you roll your eyes and deal with it. Bandwagon fans are better than no fans.

That being said, memo to local news channels:

Please refrain from interviewing these people outside TC after the games. Typical interview goes like this...

Reporter: What to you think about the Rockets winning streak?
    Idiot: I think it's GREAT!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!! NUMBER ONE, BABY!!!!!!!!!
    Reporter: Why do you think they're playing so well?
    Idiot: Because!!!!!! We're the best!!!!!! McGrady is the man!!!!!! GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!1111

Yeah, thanks for that insightful analysis...

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I dislike them. Stick with a team through its entirety. Go with them when they have their highs and go with them when they have their lows. I mean it's understandable when the media does it people just the everyday person, no.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You know what? At some point every single fan got hooked on a franchise...and this streak may bring a lot more fans to my beloved Rockets.

Each and every one of us became a fan at some point......and there is room for every single one.

The more the merrier....bring on those bandwagonners.....any fan is OK with me.

DD

12. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

I don't care about bandwagon fans, as long as they don't try to pretend they're anything otherwise - the more the merrier, absolutely.

13. dafranchise0309

They kind of get under my skin knowing that they will also be the first to hop off and blowing off the rockets if we ever lose like 2 or 3 in a row. At the same time it is better to have as many fans as possible than fewer. It is so funny when you talk to them too, they always act like they know EVERYTHING about the rockets..psshh they dont know sh**

14. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I hate them with a passion but I try to ignore them as much as possible. Kinda like the Mavericks.

15. g1184

g1184 Member

Having bandwagon fans is like going on a date with Fran Drescher. She looks good sitting in the seat, but ruins it when she opens her mouth.

[​IMG]
    Lets play the sit quietly game.

16. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Man-Feet alert.

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I don't mind at all about bandwagon fans in Houston jumping on the Rockets partywagon. You can't expect everyone to be diehards. Besides, I'd be guilty of being a bandwagon jumper with the Dynamo and other "lesser" Houston teams.

I DO have a problem with bandwagon jumpers that all of a sudden become Boston, LA, or other non-regional squads when they had no prior connection to the team. Those people suck, and I would go so far as to say that I don't want to be friends with them.

I'll give an exception to the above if (a) the team is the first team they get into for that sport and (b) they stick with that team the rest of their life.

Evan

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Awesome signature!!!

19. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Exactly...everyone joins a bandwagon at one time or another. I'm not ashamed to admit that I became a huge fan because of our back to back championships. It's what you do after the championship/win streak/etc... that determines if you are a real fan. Now, it's been 13 years(10 years since a playoff series win), and I would be a Rockets fan if they never won a game again.

20. conquistador#11

I kill a bandwagoner for fun, but for some club seats I'll carve them up real nice. :p

I don't mind them at all, as long as they wear something sexy and hold up a catchy sign. =)