1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets Future Draft Pick List

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pugsly8422, Mar 16, 2012.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They should try to get as many picks as possible. Picks galore. They could build a very good team from this draft if played right. Even late 1st are valuable in my opinion.

2. rocketkid713

rocketkid713 Member

cod means call of duty?

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'm not sure I buy that MKG will be an all star either... he might have a bit more upside than Parsons, but I see him as more of a "safe pick" kind of guy who's going to be a really great roleplayer.

4. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I have to say thA

5. rockets06

rockets06 Member

I believe that MKG will be an all-star in this league!! I see him as being like Harden coming into the league as a top 5 pick game changer like Harden that plays a sixth man roll off the bench. I'd love to add both players to the team and ass good as Parsons has been for this team if there's an opportunity to upgrade the team an shed some of the youth we have sitting on the bench like Morris or even Patterson then you do it.

6. Juck_The_Fazz

Juck_The_Fazz Member

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Most articles I read project MKG to be a Gerald Wallace type, which would make him more athletic than Parsons but not necessarily much better offensively than what Parsons could be.

To me, Parsons has the skills to get you 15-18 points a game if playing full-time starters minutes, especially if he fixes his shot and FT, but is more of a guy who scores off hustle plays and assisted baskets than an primary scorer/creator that you can just hand the ball to and tell him to create something. If MKG isn't going to have the skills to be a primary scorer/creator, is his ceiling that much higher than Parsons?

8. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

That's a good point. I don't see MKG as a franchise changer. If anything, I see him more as a Rich Man's T-Will. The exhibition he's putting on in SAC right now is the ceiling I get from MKG.

He'll need the ball in his hands to make an impact.

T-Will's recent avg: 13pts/7rbs/3.7ast/29min
    MKG's season avg: 11.8pts/7.6rbs/2.0ast/29-30min

So, do we really want to trade our assets for another T-Will who could not earn time on this team?

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Guys let's keep it real. I love Parsons but he is 5 years older than Kidd-Gilchrist and already MKG does things right now that Parsons will never be able to do. TWill is 6 years older and although he is talented he is a kncucklehead that took 3 years and the possible end of his NBA career to get it just a little bit.

MKG is 18. The same age as many high shchoolers that are touted as the next stars in the league. None of us know how MKG will turn out. But he scores inside and out. His 3pt shot needs improving but again he is 18. Born another month later and he would be a senior in High School and everyone would think he was the second coming of Lebron.

He averaged 7.6 rebounds on a team with Davis and T-Ross. That's pretty amazing IMO. And he is a tough rebounder in traffic with the ability to put to separate himself and put it right back up. That's a special skill and again he is an 18 year old kid. He is the best transition baller in college and again he is 18.

Kidd-Gilchrist is a kid with already a men's body. Every part of his game will only get better and offensively he is already better than Parsons. Defensively he is projected as a Gerald Wallace but I think he will be better than Wallace. He will eventually become the physical player Wallace is but I forecast a better rebounder and much better offensive player.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Comparing Parsons to MKG is pointless. Comparing Parsons+1st rounder(s)+likely Lowry to MKG is more apt, given where MKG's slotted in the draft. Every player has upside. A recent mock draft has us taking Leonard, who is a center with the upside that comes with being a center.

If I want to give up the motherload to move up in the draft similar to how we got Eddie Griffin, I want someone with more star potential than MKG. I want either T-Mac/Kobe level talent, or someone with high likelihood of reaching Pierce/Pau Gasol caliber. MKG doesn't strike me as either.

11. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I think I fall somewhere between CH and OMR on this one, both of whom make great points.

He's clearly a much better prospect than Parsons; but I'm not overly enthusiastic about MKG, either.

Other than Anthony Davis and maybe Jared Sullinger, I think MKG has the highest FLOOR of any player in this draft. I'm just not sure his ceiling is so high that it's worth trading the kitchen sink for him. However, if it's just two picks and a player like Budinger, I'd sure bite. Too bad that wouldn't be enough for the other team to trade us that pick.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't mean to be negative about MKG a all. Just saying that it is not entirely clear he can be the kind of guy you hand the ball to and rely on him to effectively create for himself and/or teammates like a Kobe, McGrady, Melo, Pierce, etc. This kind of guys are just very rare. Even many explosive, gifted wings end up more at the Iguodala-level or Gerald Wallace-level or Shawn Marion-level where he can score plenty of points, but more off "system" opportunities, fast breaks and hustle.

MKG is still young and has a lot of positives, but he just hasn't shown the go-to guy skills.

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I agree mostly with this. He is clearly closer to Iguodala in style than Kobe. But he does seem to have better handles than Iguodala and a better ability to get to the basket. But what I love about him most is his ability to play on both sides of the court. He hustles like Artest in his youth without the boneheadedness. And he effects the game in so many ways.

The same things we love about Parsons are the same things that impress me about MKG. Only I think he will do all those things better and he will be a better scorer. He won't lead the league in scoring but he will out hustle most people on the court and he seems to be able to score when he has to. Plus the upside on this Kidd is unknown but as the youngest Kidd in the draft you got to believe he has a whole lot more than Parsons.

14. cod

cod Member

Does MKG have to replace Parsons?

Dragic, (Llull), Boykins
    Lee, MKG
    Parsons, Budinger

[​IMG]

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

With all the young players in the current team and those Euros stash coming over(I hope). I do wonder how another pick in the coming could get minutes in this team.

16. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Ok, we are going overboard with this MKG talk...let's discuss some other realistic draft pick scenarios for the Rockets. I've watched Kentucky all season long and honestly I don't see why MKG is being so highly touted as a top 3 pick. I think the real gem on that team other than Davis is Terrence Jones. He is an absolute beast of an all-around player. I know he is a 3 and we are "stocked" at the position (Parsons, Morris, Budinger) , but if we are drafting 11-15 and he falls to our lap, we should definitely scoop him up. I think his skills will really accentuate on the next level. He's 6'9" and very strong, can dribble, dish, post up, defend, block shots, create plays, a vocal leader, can be the go-to-guy when the team needs him, and at other times defer to the hot hand.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

One question.
    Houston trades a conditional 2012 second round pick (protected 1-30 and 41-60) to Minnesota as part of the Chandler Parsons trade.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1rZejUeZ6
    http://www.draftexpress.com

The pick is currently #36. If the Wolves stay within that range, do we get this pick? Or was this pick traded?

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Anybody???:confused: