1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Houston Press] Rockets Wrap and a word with Derek Fisher

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fritz145, Nov 15, 2007.

1. fritz145

fritz145 Member

Hello all. Here's my write-up from last night's game, including Derek Fisher's unique insight based on what he's seen from this year's Rockets squad compared to last season's version. The interview is far too short (post-game interviews almost always are), but hopefully you'll find some interesting tidbits all the same.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/ballz/2007/11/rocketslakers_from_press_row_t.php

As always, thanks for reading and feel free to share your thoughts, critiques and suggestions anytime.

JCF

2. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

did kobe really made that joke?

3. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Member

Completely agree about Violet Palmer. She looked completely lost last night.

4. d.wang

d.wang Member

Yeah, he did.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Good job. It's good to get the take of an opposing player. And I think Fisher is telling it like it is, rather than trying to say the right things.

6. vmac

vmac Member

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Your take on Violet was off color. Incompetence is one thing. But for sheer shock and horror, nothing beats ... Is it too late to welcome Tim Donaghy back with open arms? I’m not even joking.

I enjoy and appreciate your work, including this write up. However, that misspoke, IMHO, is as bad or worse than Philip's Brokeback nonsense.

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Kobe's comments at the end of the half, with TMac looking like the second 'going' of D-Wade was tasteless and classless. Uh, like #24 hisself?

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The brokeback comment was harmless, and so is this.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The Brokeback comment was silly, but this is a very bad statement by our friend.

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

What? I still don't get what was so offensive about it? Her officiating was indeed horrible.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ms. Palmer needs to go back to being a corpse on Twin Peaks... like yesterday. Brute, all encompassing incompetence. Yes, I was yelling at the screen myself. Of course, I was yelling at the screen the last game. Both of these loses should have been wins. Anyone else groan when Yao made that brilliant bounce off the rim right back to him and passed to Rafer "Dumb Chuck" Alston for the tie? I knew we were toast.

13. yobod

yobod Member

How is this statement more offensive than what Phil Jackson said? Jackson insulted an entire community who did nothing to warrant the insult in the first place.....Violet Palmer is, without a doubt, a terrible referee. He didn't insult the fact that she was a woman, or anything of the sort....he merely stated that her calls were consistently bad. I think you need to lighten up, or at least go back and watch the game again, and see exactly how much she affected the game last night.

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I make that groan every time he shoots.

He's a great ball handler, and a decent "floor general".

But his shooting. Dear god. I think you, good ol' Deckard, could outshoot Rafer.

15. fritz145

fritz145 Member

Xiki, I do apologize that my comments regarding Miss Palmer offended you. Having said that, Yobod has it right: my criticism was soley directed at her (in my opinion) consistently poor performance. Nothing else was intended.

All the same, thank you very much for reading and I sincerely appreciate your honest feedback.

JCF

16. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Bad officiating is ok as long as it's not one-sided. Nobody is perfect. No excuses but we simply look terrible in the last 3 minutes. The D of the Lakers was not even that good. The guys played like rookies at the finishline.

One thing, Kobe was real hot. And when he's hot, the only way to stop him is to force him to pass the ball. We didn't do that.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

That one should prefer the admitted, convicted crooked ref over a bad, tho impartial incompetent.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I am absolutely positively not defending her. My issue is with the part that brings Donaghy into the frame.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

As I responded to the other two posters, my reaction was to Donaghy and not in any way condoning Ms Palmer. I'll take incompetent anytime over flat out crooked, and I hate incompetence particularly where the impact is as significant as it is in a billion dollar industry.

One disagreement over an anolgy does not make me a hatah of your work. I respect and enjoy it. Now, missing a 3 at the buzzer goes against the grain of every game winning shot I have ever made...in my head.

20. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

D.FISHER said:Well, one could say that the things that they’re doing offensively around Tracy and Yao are giving them a better chance to have better balance. But it’s still going to come down to those two guys. So I don’t know if they’re necessarily better than the team they were last year. They were really good last year. They won 52 games and in the Western Conference to win 50-plus games is a great thing. So I think they’re a different team obviously with some different pieces, but being much better than they were last year is hard to say at this point. I don’t know if they necessarily need to be.

Well,isn't it what we talked over and over in this forum?maybe D.fisher is around here :D