1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House to the Warriors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jul 25, 2018.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You're freaking out over MCWs shot when House is a 6'6 PF jacking it up at 25.7% from 3 on his career??

And do you even think he'll make it past training camp with the Warriors? He's on a non-guaranteed contract, there are 15 guaranteed contracts ahead of him.... do the math!

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly.

For all the freaking out in this thread over a 25-year-old never-was, I take comfort in one thing: This is the same type of guy we used to pin our hopes on, praying he'd crack the rotation and give us some punch and some depth. Now we've got a solid-enough lineup from top to bottom that Danuel House had zero chance of making our roster. That, my friends, is called improvement.

clutchdabear and FLASH21 like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Calm down yourself killer. You can't tell when someone is just venting because it has the appearance of the Rockets doing nothing.

I know both teams will be stacked.

But if you look at Glenn Rice Jr and Robinson started out....they both had poor 3-pt shooting avgs. Then they blossom.
    He looked like he improved since last year.

I wouldn't doubt him making the Warriors. I wouldn't bet against it. Many of those guaranteed contracts at the bottom of their roster are minimal. Jerbko sucks more Imo.

And yes, I would take House over MCW. Defense is overrated nowadays.

#83 ApacheWarrior, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

House looked good in the summer league because he was a "veteran."

Don't overrate him and his usefulness moving forward.

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Even IF defence is overrated (it isn't, the champs are almost always one if the best defensive teams), are you seriously inclined to think House will ever have a better NBA season than MCW or Jerekbo??

No chance.

House is training camp fodder.

topfive likes this.
  6. larry cook

larry cook Member

Daniel played well in summer league and fits the Rockets offense perfectly. Good shooter at 6 7 with handles, runs the break well, and spaces the floor. I saw a very young guy at 25 with some upside. Trust the Warriors will get more out of this kid than the suns did. The Rockets simply missed out again as we did with Shaun Livingston, James Johnson, and Robert Covington. Hopefully we sign Deng and aren't overwhelmed over an old Carmelo Anthony.

#86 larry cook, Jul 26, 2018
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah ok. missed out on a guy who was undrafted a couple years ago and still having to play in the summer league at 25 amongst fresh meat.

you literally just typed what you could say about over half the players in summer league. Next

8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

More like 14.05

napalm06 likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

What do you see in Jerebko or MCW that I don’t see?

1) Jerebko is taller than House
    2) Jerebko is $2 mil guaranteed
    3) White/Anglo

Other than those points, House is better. Here are the defensive impacts on both (you seem to think House as just a summer league material guy......no he played at the big league level last year with Suns).
    http://stats.nba.com/players/defensive-impact/

17/18
    Jerebko: 15.3 mins......0.3 stls.....0.2 blks......2.6 DReb......0.9 DFGM.......1.3 DFGA......63.6 DFG%(pg 6)
    House...: 17.5 mins.....0.3 stls.....0.3 blks......2.7 DReb......0.7 DFGM........1.0 DFGA.....66.7 DFG% (pg 2)

Big deal.

House this summer: 27.0 mins.....1.0 stl.....3.2 ast.....5.2 Rebs......16.8 pts.....37.1% (3P%) on 13-35 (3PA)

1st yr for House. Jerebko 1st yr shot 31.3% (3P%)......2nd yr shot 30.2% (3P%)......3rd yr shot 30.1% (3P%)
    House might be ahead of Jerebko in progress??.....House is just getting started. Jerebko has had his time and
    still sucks. Jerebko shot 2.1 (3PA’s last year for a whopping 5.8 pts a game 15.3 mins. House scored 6.6 pts a
    game. The quote-unquote non-vet may be better the the quote-unquote vet.

Jerebko bagged 3.3 rebs a game last yr.....House 3.3 rebs.

You might be impressed with Jerebko but I’m not. I think the House ceiling is far greater.....if given the chance.

#89 ApacheWarrior, Jul 26, 2018
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

The fact that House, a guy who's played a few minutes in the NBA, looked decent while playing with a bunch of guys who are just out of diapers didn't impress me at all.

On the other hand, I was horrified by Chinanu, who's also played a few minutes in the NBA, looking so seriously out of his element when he should have been dominating. Time to cut our ties with that one.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Are you for real?

Seriously?

Jerebko has played 8 seasons in the NBA, and 562 games.
    By the age of 25 he had 150 games and a 9.6ppg and 6rpg season.

House got some time with a terrible Suns team, and at 25 has 24 NBA games to his credit.

So I suppose it isn't just me who thinks Jerebko is superior, there are 30 NBA teams out there who didn't offer Danuel House a guaranteed contract. Even the Warriors didn't - he is unlikely to make their roster, and if he does, unlikely to even play a minute.

I'm not sure what race has to do with it? House won't average 9.6ppg this season. He just won't. For you to say you think he will is pure insanity.

As far as demeaning MCW - the guy is one of 3 rookies EVER to average 16-6-6. Sure, he did that playing on a team as bad as the team that Danuel House played on last season - but House got 6 and 3....
    I'm not sure which bow you're pulling to suggest House is better than either of those 2 guys, but it seems quite a long one.

clutchdabear and topfive like this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

Anyone know what Donte Greene is up to today?

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I remember when Rafer Alston slapped him so hard his headband came off

14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Show the Rockets and Daryl Morey some respect. They had the best record in the league last season & took the defending champs to 7 games in the WCF. A player as talented as House not being signed by Houston is a good thing if you look at the bright side. It means we don't need him. The Warriors picking him up should be considered a compliment.

DM and the coaching staff see these players a lot more than we do & are the best in the business in analyzing talent.

clutchdabear, Plowman and topfive like this.
  15. napalm06

That would be Eddie House, yes

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

You never did know when to tap out.

Jerebko has posted:
    17/18: 5.8 pts (Good Utah team)
    16/17: 3.8 pts (massive w/Good Boston team)
    15/16: 4.4 pts (amazing)

At about 16 mins a game consistently.

Career 6.2 pts (House matched that in 23 games (about a quarter of the season) last year.
    36% from 3 (career)
    On 2.1 3pt attempts per game. Incredible amount for a guy supposedly specializing in such.

What you saw in House summer league, is House playing the role of Harden/CP3 as facilitator because
    the Summer league Rockets lacked that. House would/will be an accessory player with Rockets/Warriors.
    Again House shot 37% from 3 as a main option. With the Warriors or Rockets he becomes an accessory
    part. His 37% was sufficient enough for me......enough to show me he has worked on his shooting. With
    the Rockets he could practice that relentlessly and not worry so much about driving.

How many more years must we see the 31 y/o Jerebko to know he is garbage?

Let the youngster play. I would rather have Gary Clark and Adel.....but I would take House over MCW or Jerebko
    any day.

Stop while you think you are ahead.....or I will start posting MCW numbers. Horrendous.

Don’t try to tell me Jerebko numbers will improve while House stays as garbage as a member of
    the Warriors. Then I know it’s about race. If one improves with the Warriors than both would improve with the Warriors.

17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ok man - you can take House over MCW or Jerebko anytime you like. Ain't any GM in the NBA who agrees with you. I'm clearly the clueless fool here because House will go on to play significant minutes for the Warriors this year.

18. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Guaranteed ring for Mr. House.

19. napalm06

We can't sign half the summer league roster. I think you're a good poster most of the time, but you seem to be going full bball-holic in here.

If you're this amped up about prospects, send all of your positive vibes to Melton, Qi, and Hartenstein, any of whom could be big contributors to the Rockets if they pan out.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Off to work. I will respond after 5. I have MCW ready to go.