1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HoopsWorld: New and Improved Hasheem Thabeet Emerging

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL @ 6 fouls in 20 minutes. But he did play 20 minutes in a game. No more garbage minutes.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If he could net 15-20 minutes a game, the fouls will work themselves out.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Maybe he has a role and that's why he's edxcited. I mean,when you don't have a role nor get consistent minutes,your attention tends to wane. I wish him well and wish we could've gotten that out of him,but at the beginning when they signed dalembert,it was a wrap for him. I would've just played him anyway. He still gets out of position,but at least he looking like a live body at the rim.

4. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I am surprised OKC can turn him into a serviceable center. Glad to see him show some considerable progress there.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats funny:confused:. Hasheem played starters minutes last night. As in one more minute than the starter Perkins. Where have i heard or seen this mentioned before????:confused::confused:

6. yobod

yobod Member

His stat line was decent:

10 PTS, 2 of 2 FG, 6 of 6FT, 5RBS, 2BLkS, 1ST, +8 in 23 Minutes

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's early in the season. Work ethic isn't about working hard for short stretches, it's about having the dedication to do the work for the long haul until the job is done. We will see whether Thabeet is still eager to be at practice and running all the drills late in the year.

Even obese people can go to the gym a few weeks a year.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You will be surprised at what the lure of a championship will do to people.
    If he continues getting decent playing time, he will be alright.

9. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

He was very disappointing when he was here, but I don't have any ill will for him.

If he's finally figured out how to put in work, good for him and I wish him well.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the FT shooting is most impressive to me.

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Toronto lost Lowry and OKC blew them out.
    Not impressed, but since it's Thabeet who's the worst player on the planet, it's a step in the right direction.

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

2nd Quarter: 1:29 remaining - Jose Calderon enters the game for Kyle Lowry 35-52

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Additionally: Lowry was -13 in +/- and was 1 of 4 for 2 points in 17 minutes.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It took you all day, but you managed to find something. I guess you can call that worthy.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

he got injured.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/11/7/3614092/kyle-lowry-injury-toronto-raptors-dallas-mavericks
    Toronto Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry will not dress for the team's Wednesday night game against the Dallas Mavericks after spraining his ankle on Tuesday, the team announced. Lowry will sit out and receive additional treatment for the time being, the team said.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

oh you mean when kevin martin said that thabeet basically didn't care before. yeah, what a fantastic player you root for.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know what i meant, but you are not man enough to admit it. You didn't have anything bad to say so you decided to go with Lowry's injury:rolleyes: as a reason for Thabeet playing well. You're not old enough to man up yet. I understand.

Hey Pinhead, since you feel like reading now, just for laughs, lets review...

All that crap you gave me last season, goes in the toilet.;)

18. tinman

Supporting Member

you crap has absolutely zero influence and reflects nothing of what really happens.

The Rockets didn't want him, Portland didn't want him, and now he's playing a true NBA scrub in scrub time. This is an improvement over not playing and having DL players play ahead of you.

your Dream of an all rookie team was squashed. how many rookies have the Rockets even played this year? How many of them will even end up decent?

Maybe Terrence Jones. Even your Royce White, the next Magic Johnson, hasn't even played.

Thank goodness Morey doesn't think like you, we'd break the bobcats record if he did.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thats right. Keep crying like a little girl. Get back at me when you decide to be a man. Fact is the Thunder are doing what i wanted the Rockets to do. Developing a back up center. You're great at taking us back 10-20 years with someone elses stats and info. I'll give you that.:rolleyes: Other than that, you are useless.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

The Rockets do have a backup center. They NEVER had that in Thabeet.
    They had a scrub who did nothing but sit on the bench wearing a suit.

None of your crap came true and will never come true for the Rockets.
    the Rockets organization isn't stupid.

Mercado ain't starting over Lin and Johny Flynn isn't probably even in the league.