1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Plowman, Jul 13, 2018.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Honestly this is maybe of a little bit of just a goof gone wrong and too far down a bad path, where some people on the internet maybe ended up saying some dumb ****, and I think we need to give them a reasonable chance to clarify their thoughts on the matter.

Surely you don't really believe that people here would be so callous as to wish to inflict suffering on another human over something ultimately so trivial. That would be psychopathic.

Well I know a little of the kind that is those people @DudeWah @kevC and @el gnomo and I believe they were mostly cynics because they witnessed the laughable holic meme just recently and this would seem on the surface to be a very mean thing meant to be edgy but perhaps miscalculated in an attempt to point out an admittedly questionable circumstance.

However, I have reason to believe that if any of these persons were shown reasonable proof of this being something true and a human being was suffering they would actually feel real human empathy and probably eat a big ass bowl of crow themselves.

And I would say that with great conviction and confidence.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Get well soon, Plow. Stay on the staff at the hospitals and push for whatever it is you need.

Plowman likes this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Get well soon old friend. Prayers and well wishes sent.

I know you’ve had it pretty rough for quite some time. Hoping things change in the positive soon.

Deckard and Plowman like this.
  4. Exiled

Exiled Member

do you have the CBC report! have you done the culture test/ CT

it's more likely to be a bacterial infection,since it been for more than a month , you should had taken IV antibiotics if the budget is limited

the headache you have in the back of your head is an indication of à low level of oxygen.

maybe your Doctor has done it already ,but worth pointing to him that you want to be sure its not an endocarditis infection

Btw , did you get a prescription to control blood pressure!

Plowman and Nook like this.
  5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]
    Get well soon @Plowman
    Prayers sent.

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the reply, Exiled - I don't have a CBC report, and no culture test has been done. And, they didn't give me a prescription for blood pressure.

To be honest, I have a doctor I see once every six months for the one medication I take, and can't count on him for anything else.

And due to financial constraints, I'm extremely limited at present with regard to an office visit somewhere. Might there be a clinic somewhere would see me for next to nothing. I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Exiled likes this.
  7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Agree with the bacterial infection, I had similar symptoms and ended up in a coma and with multiple organ failure, so pls get it checked out properly.
    In my case it was salmonella and they found it after having a stool sample, so maybe get that checked.

Another symptom of that is having your eyelids/eye area itch or feeling really cold sometimes.

Edit: fwiw, they also at first thought it was Malaria, the symptoms are really similar. I also had pain in my hip area because of the infection spreading.

#47 Yung-T, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    BamBam, Zboy, Exiled and 2 others like this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

In my thoughts brother!

Plowman likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am sorry for this, Plow!

I hope you get down to the root.

Plowman likes this.
  10. FaBo

FaBo Member

Have they done any endocrinologic tests? Sudden increases in blood pressure and excessive sweating sound a lot like pheochromocytoma, which is a usually benign, adrenaline-producing tumor of the adrenal glands. You said they’ve done a CT; of which part of your body?

Infections or malaria usually don’t lead to increased blood pressure; if anything, you‘d be hypotensive in these conditions. Have you had periodic fever, e.g. every 3 or 4 days? I assume they have checked your blood for inflammation markers and leukocytosis.

Zboy, Plowman, Yung-T and 1 other person like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Plow, when you get a chance, try out that app I recommended to you (it's free). I tried to enter your symptoms there, but it asked me a lot of follow up questions I could not answer, e.g. whether you are diabetic, sensitive to heat, have a pins and needles sensation in your feet, weight loss, dizziness, change in bowel habit, etc.

Have you considered whether this could be thyroid-related? Some of your symptoms indicate this could be the case. There is a condition called Graves Disease which mostly affects women, but also men, which causes some of the symptoms you describe. But of course it could also be some infection.

#51 AroundTheWorld, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Zboy, Deckard, Plowman and 2 others like this.
  12. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I'm an actual doc and from the basics mentioned in the OP I would get adrenals checked as described above. Malaria is not endemic to this area so rather unlikely. That being said consult the ER folks as they are your best bet and would give you a better picture of what's going on. You can basically go to any ER due to EMTALA rules, so I'm not sure why you are sitting for 20 hours at Ben Taub of all places.

Zboy, Deckard, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's rare, but..primary aldosteronism (Conn's Syndrome)? My dad had that, went misdiagnosed/undiagnosed for many years.

Plowman, Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sorry to hear this Plowman, and hoping you get some real relief very soon

Plowman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

pretty much I think they did. I'm not even sure if your post here is genuine. crazy thread

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

Damn. I thought this was a new MacBeth thread.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Get well brother
    You take any trips overseas ? Eat anything bad?

Plowman likes this.
  18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

First, word of advice to everyone lashing out at Plow over some petty garm beef, it's not a good look for you and you WILL regret it. Every avatar here is another actual human being who is trudging through the same river of suffering called life. Put on your big boy pants, grow up, and before you post - remember the person.

Secondly, it makes me tremendously sad to see someone forced to basically crowdsource their medical care. A whole different discussion, but it puts a knot in my stomach.

Get well, PM. I wish I had more to contribute than well wishes, but this community stands by its lifers.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Always wishing for health and happiness for you my friend. Keep your head high, and realize that there are some people on here who care for your well-being.

#clutchcommunity

20. droxford

droxford Member

I'm no doc, but could it be an allergic reaction?

Plowman likes this.