1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Plowman, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hi Everyone,

Most of you likely don't know that for the last 5 1/2 weeks, I've been ill. The symptoms have included night sweats, extremely elevated blood pressure, headaches, flushing, and numbness in my fingertips. Unfortunately, it's gotten progressively worse. I've been to Memorial Hermann five times in the last 2 1/2 weeks. And, I spent the last 48 hrs in Ben Taub. Nobody can figure out what the root cause is. I wasn't going to advertise this, but due to the ongoing nature and the severity of this junk, I felt compelled to let you all know. Also, this has been home for over two decades, and I have many friends here. So, any prayers, good vibes, and well wishes would be greatly appreciated as this has me over a barrel. Down, but not out. I look forward to talking/hanging with all.

Best wishes always,

Plow

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Very sorry to hear.

Hope you recover.

Stress maybe?

Plowman likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

prayers up sir. wishing you all the best

Plowman likes this.
  4. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Plowman, I wish you a speedy recovery. You are a good dude, and I will keep you in my thoughts.

Plowman likes this.
  5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just fyi, everything after elevated blood pressure is a symptom of elevated blood pressure.

best of luck.

I assume they've checked for thyroid cancer and done all the other routine blood chemistry tests? creatinine? kidney ultrasound?

also, what's up with all you guys "liking" the fact that he's unwell. you're all bunch of sickos. Plowman, i promise you that I, for one, dont like the fact that you are ill in the least ;)

#5 Ottomaton, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

:(

prayers...

Hope it wasn't caused by eating crow too quickly.

Laughter is the best medicine, amirite! :D

#6 heypartner, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Stay up bro

Plowman likes this.
  8. the shark

the shark Member

Plowman hate to hear this my friend.

Praying that your medical team can figure out what's going on.

Will be praying for you and please keep us updated.

Hang in there!!!

Plowman likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Get better soon Plowman. We're rooting for you.

Go Rockets!

Plowman likes this.
  10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think the cure to all your problems is a big serving of crow.

iconoclastic, PigMiller and kevC like this.
  11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I'm not going to try to give internet medical advice, other than this: Be your own health advocate. Find Doctors that will keep searching for the cause, or at least treat the symptoms (especially the hypertension). Hospitals, especially busy ones, will often blow off people that don't appear to be in mortal danger.

Don't stop bugging your Doctors until they find out what is wrong with you.

tinman and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. theimpossibles1

Try a plant based diet for a while and see what happens.

Plowman likes this.
  13. Plowman

Supporting Member

lars/Ottomaton - I DO have a crazy # of moving parts converging at once. Plenty of miracles, as well as financial/.logistical challenges that are present. See, my Mother was murdered 18 years ago by her third husband...my Grandmother's best friend's son(who then took his own life).....That's where my story starts...There's a chain of events that follows over the years that is beyond belief.

For the purposes of this public arena, I go no further with that, but let's just say the past, present, and future have converged into a nexus finally, where I'm about to pick up the reigns of my life..but, it's obviously not seamless. I have my life filling up organically with folks from all periods of my life..people that will be there for the rest of it. But, I haven't wanted to negatively influence this natural process It's been like Wallenda on the high wire..I'm almost to the other side and the wind has started to blow.

So there is stress, an enormous amount..But, this is a situation of which came first, the chicken or the egg. While I have all these symptoms including exaggerated stress levels, being a human being and a former athlete, I know my body...and something else is at the root cause(I'm banking that these are symptoms, including the jacked up blood pressure)....As far as I know, they've done basic blood tests at each place, a chest xray, and a cat scan at Memorial Hermann. My mother had a thyroid condition and my Grandfather had diabetes. I've told them this.

Also, I was renting a place with a friend for awhile, and then he needed to move to Austin on fairly short notice...Another friend, let me come over there for almost a wek until I could figure something out. It was there that my symptoms started. You see, this other friend's place is in the Height and had floodeda bit during Harvey. In addition to this with things being tight, I drank out of the faucet..something i never do..I drinl bottled water exclusively. Well, about 2 weeks after I moved out of there into the motel where I've been the last month or so...I spoke to that friend for the first time since moving...and he is having all these symptoms...I explained this to both hospitals...and, nothing.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Is this a long riddle telling us that we're getting Jimmy Butler?

PigMiller likes this.
  15. Plowman

Supporting Member

Look, MOTHER****ER..My Mother was murdered and I'm in a life threatening situation.....But, I WILL deal with you later.

whiskeyred, tinman, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  16. Plowman

Supporting Member

Same for you. Don't doubt it for a sec.

17. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Good to see you're still here. Given all of the above, it's amazing that you've got time/effort to accumulate inside info about the Rockets from your sources and vaguely spread it on this site. And serve crow to to your fellow clutchfans to boot...when the time is right of course.

DudeWah likes this.
  18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Hope it works out Plowman. As someone mentioned earlier you must be your own advocate with the medical profession. They need prodding sometimes. Ignore these other pricks who can't separate their online personas from being real humans.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Some of you guys are real jerks. All the best, Plowman.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It takes a lot of immaturity and bigheadedness to make light of such a matter.

Hopefully @Plowman recovers and brings his wrath down upon these low life scum pretending to be detectives.