1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Head Stash (Head-lovers only)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by burlesk, Aug 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

*inside lakers locker room tunnel at the beginning of 2nd half*

Caron Butler: Man Tmac is kickin my ass, but that ain't no suprise... what I'm trying to figure out, with all due respect of course, is why you comming with the double on my man? Phil wanted single coverage.. ain't you supposed to be getting Head?

Kobe: Head is played out man, seriously. I love my wife...

2. RedFusion

RedFusion Member

Houston grabs Head
    Houston was indeed Clutch City today, as the Rockets grabbed Head in the 2005 NBA Draft.

Sloppy Head
    With 23 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter, rookie Luther Head blows a critical play that would have given the Rockets the lead and the game.

T-Mac Feels Head
    All-star Tracy McGrady understands the struggle rookie Luther Head is going through his first season in the league, "I feel for Head, man. I remember when I had to fight for playing time in Toronto my first season."

Latrell Sprewell chokes Head, explodes
    Flustered by the rookie's tenacious defense, the veteran tossed the ball into the stands, ran towards Head, and proceeded to strangle. The former All-Star was so into it that efforts by teammates and referees to make him stop were futile.

Head Wiggles
    Rocket SG Luther Head was traded this morning to Miami for a future first rounder. Antoine Walker rejoiced with his new teammate as he taught Luther Head the Walker Wiggle.

Nobody wants Head
    Since entering the NBA as a rookie in 2005, Luther Head has been traded 4 times. He has been viewed by teammates as a locker room cancer. In a short span of just over two seasons, the Rockets gave Head to Miami, who then in turn gave Head to New York. Surprisingly, New York then turned around and gave Head to Golden State.

3. RedFusion

RedFusion Member

Van Gundy disgusted at the sight of Head
    Luther Head appeared at training camp overweight and out of shape.

Head explodes for 69
    After a string of 40 point games, Head finally scores 69.

Dickau gets Head, Semian follows
    Dan Dickau wanted Luther Head on his team and yesterday he got his wish. Shortly after the Head signing, the team announced that it had acquired SF Wayne Semian. Earlier this offseason, they signed free agents Loren Wood and Chris Wilcox. Together, they form the nastiest starting five the NBA has ever seen.

Ok ok I'll stop. Sorry. :p :D

4. Panda

Panda Member

For a rookie point guard, JVG finds out 4 players at the same time is too much for Head to handle.

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

LOL! This is the best thread ever! :D :D :D :D

Who wants to bet that the announcers will be using his first name to refer to him? I think it would just be way too hard to avoid using Head in anything and not make it sound weird.

1 person likes this.
  6. slick

slick Member

JVG reports that he prefers "HEAD over MOOCH" :cool:

This is great

7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Nice stuff, y'all. I see that our thread rating has drooped from 4 stars to 3... perhaps now is a good time for me to apologize to all the non-twisted folks in the BBS community who might have accidentally read a few too many of these posts, perhaps exceeding their critical mass of Head jokes. In our defense, though, perhaps now we will feel slightly less obliged to thrust our Head jokes into every future Head thread for the remainder of his stay with the Rockets. Unless this proves to be just a warmup...

"Special Head schools Spurs, Rockets ride short bus to Western Conference championship in 4 games."

"AP - A clearly spooked Dallas Mavericks team is looking warily towards Game 1 against the Rockets in Houston tonight. "What's that in the road, a Head?", Mavs PG Jason Terry was heard to mumble on the team bus, showing signs of worry about the defensive pressure he could expect from Rockets PG Luther Head." (apologies to Benny Hill)

... and so forth...

Well, in the immortal words of Mama Head -- "Damn, that kid is ALL HEAD, I thought he'd NEVER get outta there!" I'm out.

8. RedFusion

RedFusion Member

6'3", 185 pound Head is Truly a Marvel to Behold!
    Only three months into the season, the rookie has proved many wrong, scoring 20+ ppg on 49% of his attempts. An entire season at this level of production could guarantee him Rookie of the Year honors.

9. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Trade rumor: Luther to Orlando.....

After losing the cat to sacramento, Francis wants Head.

10. Bad"r"

Bad"r" Member

I can't stop laughing....that is awesome!!

11. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

Head is balls over the competition
    Rookie 4 Head (above) delivers fellow rookie Andrew Bogut a facial providing an exciting climax to the Rockets 98-62 rout over the Milwakee Bucks.

12. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Head not deep enough for Van Gundy
    "He's a rookie, and we know this means he'll need more time to develop his play," said Van Gundy. "But he's an intelligent young man, who responds well to oral coaching, so we hope he'll be ready for next year."

Head pulls groin muscle
    "This really hurts," bemoaned T-mac, "but sometimes Head could be dangerous with out-of-control aggressiveness. Hopefully, this will be a learning experience for him, and Head will be improved when he returns."

Going down after getting Head
    Since Head joined the starting line-up, the Rockets have gone on a 5 game losing streak. "It's like they keep going to sleep out there after getting Head," stated Van Gundy, "but I believe if I keep giving them Head, the chemistry will form again and we'll all be winners."

No more Head after marriage
    After a recent wedding, Head shocked the Rockets by declaring his retirement. Head made the following comment: "My new wife is my life and I regret to inform this great Rocket's organization of my retirement, but I feel like I need to focus on spending more time with her. I will try to keep in touch with my friends here in the Rockets, unlike the way Doug Christie fell out of touch with me." Doug Christie was Head's idol for the longest time, but after Christie's marriage, he has not seen Head again.

13. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

THERE'S NO HEAD IN THE CHAMPAGNE ROOM
    T-Mac comes through and gives Head back to the the Rockets and the fans.

Rocket's Rookie PG Luther Head mysteriously disappeared from his bachelor party last night at The Men's Club. Friends, teamates and staff looked all over the club for Head but apparently they found no signs of head. Yao Ming was quoted as saying "I will do my best to find Head. I will go all over the world and search for Head." HPD has been investigating but officers have remained tight lipped about finding head. Van Gundy was choked up as he exclaimed "We can't do it without Head!"

However, late this afternoon, a new break in the Head case. A note showed up at the Rocket's office demanding that they would have to pay $10 Million for Head. If the Rockets refuse to come up with the cash for Head, then the note said that Head would be choked and whacked around. T-Mac, without hesitation paid all of the $10 Million to get Head quickly. In a press conference that just ended, T-Mac said "Head is important to me. Head is good for the team. I would never want to deprive our fans of Head." Then, as Luther walked into the room T-Mac shouted "City of Houston... I give you HEAD!!!"

14. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

Swift, Head combination leaves the windy city Blown Away

Houston 98
    Chicago 62

15. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

<b>Rockets Stunned After Head Injury</b>

<b>TRADE NEWS: Denver Sends Jack Off to Houston, Gets Head In Return</b>

16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member