1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden should be the MVP next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by srrm, Jul 4, 2016.

1. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

With stats being spread around the GSW players and no second superstar on the Rockets, surely Harden will be voted MVP next season!

The challengers: westbrook, lebron, maybe Lillard

I think it's important for Harden, though not that meaningful overall.

I really hope he gets it

1 person likes this.
  2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Bron will be the next MVP. Cavs will win the east and he re-established himself at the best player on a championship team.

Agree that Curry will not win MVP.

Harden and Westbrook will both have monster seasons, likely, but neither team will win 70 games so it's hard to win MVP if you are not even close to winning your division.

3. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Right, but I think Harden can better his stats a bit and carry the team more than LeBron would. If Westbrook doesn't go crazy next year, I think it's a toss up between LeBron and Harden. Harden needs a win on the basketball front.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

You all tripping. Westbrook is the next MVP. He is going to ball out next year. Might lead league in scoring and assists.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Westbrook is going to have a monster season this year. As long as they have a good season are in the playoffs I believe he's the next MVP

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The voters have clearly established that effectiveness does not matter for MVP..

It will go to the highest scoring player on the team with the most wins.

Likely Durant will win it next year..

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Harden and Durant along with Westbrook will be in Lakers uniform in 2 years so why does this even matter.

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Westbrook's assists are going to drop because he no longer has KD to pass to:rolleyes:

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't think we should assume Westbrook will be on OKC this year. He may well be traded. If I were OKC, I would trade him. He's as good as gone already and they may as well get some value for him. Who knows where he lands. What if they trade him to Cleveland for Kyrie?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Trade could very well happen yes but just in terms of the situation now.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Honestly I never thought I would say this but we should consider trading Harden and tanking. We should get a bunch of future 1st round picks and try to do something big several years from now. There's no point in having a Harden right now.

12. thedude077

thedude077 Member

If Eric Gordon stays healthy the whole season he will be the second superstar. He can ball he just needs to stay healthy.

13. Harden's beard

Welcome 14-15 Westbrook :)

[​IMG]

Maybe a scoring champ (with 40~41 FG%), but a MVP? with Durant and Ibaka gone? that's a long shot.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The media-led sympathy vote campaign for Westbrook will be strong. He might be first MVP on a losing team, especially if he gets Sabonis in a lot of highlights.

15. chandlerbang21

Your team has to be a winning team to be considered. Instead of wishing for Harden to be MVP, its should be about the team chemistry and not being 8th seed

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know at least Harden won't be the most hated player in the league anymore.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Imagine 1987, when Jordan got 2nd place to MJ in MVP due to scoring 37ppg (but on a below .500 team 40-42).

All we are saying about Westbrook is imagine Magic joining Larry Bird and McHale for 1987, after losing to the Celts in '86. Magic, Larry and McHale would all be out of the running (and they were #1, 3, 4 in the voting in 1987).

Jordan would have won MVP in 1987 if Magic and Larry were on the same team.

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Curry can average 10 pts a game and probably still wins unanimous mvp. Sad but true

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lol.

First of all MVPs usually are on good teams.

They usually care, are in shape and give good effort

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, because of the "Best player on best team" argument which IMO still screwed over Harden 2014-15.