1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden for Zion - would you do it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iNoseBleedRed, May 1, 2019.

1. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Whether or not we want to admit it, Harden relies on calls, and the refs suck and don’t give it to us in the playoffs.

Thus, if the real goal is to win a ring, it’s not happening unless we get 2 elite players in their prime so harden will not get double teamed nor consistently draw the double team. That’s not happening either with the CP3 contract on our hands.

Many are saying that Zion is the next lebron. The next guy that people will run into the playoffs their entire career who will prevent them from progressing in the playoffs. The hurdle that Jordan and Lebron and the hurdle that KD currently is. Next year there will be two super teams with Lebron, AD, Kyrie, Kahwi, Kemba, KD, Butler likely to form 2 or 3 super teams, and the warriors still remaining a threat. With a declining CP3 (but consistent contract), our window is over.

Morey has shown that he can build a winner fairly quickly. Zion will be cheap for a few years, saving our idiot owner some money.

Harden + CP3 for Zion and a bad contract?

If the Knicks get Zion, they can combine harden, Durant, and kyrie and win it all.

Not sure about the other teams and whether they would want harden, but I think the Knicks definitely do it.

If you’re in favor of keeping harden, let me know if you actually think we can win it all with him, and what will make us different than we’ve been, as CP3 gets older.

Y2JT likes this.
  2. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well, things in the NBA do seem a lot easier with a Nike superstar than an Adidas one.

Ask me again in a week and I might have a better answer.

#3 topfive, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
  4. YallMean

YallMean Member

No. and lock this up please.

5. AzCkR

AzCkR Member

one is an mvp in his prime, the other is someone you hope can reach that level

would you:

a) take $1 million now

or

b) give up $1 million now and have a chance to get it back in 5-10 years

6. Mr. Space City

Maybe. At least Silver will rig games for us to promote his new golden child.

7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This is going to be a long ****in 3 days...

8. xaos

xaos Member

Not even up for consideration for me

Rocket River likes this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I guess that means Durant settles for long 2s (at bad math 42% 2s this series v 46% 2s by Harden.)

Oh and this

Just admit it.

You think shooting jumpers is prettier than scoring layups, unless the layups are unassisted dunks. Because Durant is not shooting 2s better than Harden, right now.

Deckard, RyanB, topfive and 4 others like this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Harden for whom?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

the odds of Zion ever reaching Harden’s level of dominance are extremely low...

very few players ever reach his level

How many dudes have people claimed were the next Jordan, next Lebron, or next *insert all-time great*?

Who was Morey before he managed to acquire Harden? What had he done? Morey’s put a lot of garbage around Harden, but a lot of winning still happened because Harden is that great. The Lakers make the playoffs this year if they had Harden instead of Lebron for example. That is how much he impacts the game.

12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Lmao....why are we talking about ish that wont happen.

JayAllJay and Tfor3 like this.
  13. BigBum

BigBum Member

the worst teams are not trading Zion.

end of story

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're not rebuilding dude

RyanB and Tfor3 like this.
  15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Fouls are f*in fouls stupid

JayAllJay likes this.
  16. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

If you propose Zion + a young upcoming super stars plus 2 good contract young role player, Then I will have to take a hard look at it. Otherwise just pass on the joint and let it be.

17. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

hell no. i wouldnt trust Zions body to hold up tbh. james has been very durable. zion is very heavy and will likely gain even more weight. is that frame going to support 300 lbs for 82 games year in and year out ? I doubt it.

19. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

20. PhiSlammaJamma

I still need to be entertained for 82 games. And Harden does that. Zion plus who? If we give up Harden we better get at least one potential MVP and an All Star. Zion is the all star.