1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GoFundMe "Ryan Anderson Buyout"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Jan 9, 2018.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I'd take horford here over Ryno and PJ let's say.

As much as Ryno bothers me, just that one ability to shoot rangy 3s keeps me happy .

SIL

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm broke but @Mathrocker will put me down for $200.

Jontro likes this.
  3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Ok please, cut it out with these stupid threads.

Ryan is not being bought not. He sucks. Trash, but he can still be moved. Just will cost the Rockets Clint and multiple picks.

That is fine, Rockets are in win now mode, those picks arent worth anything to us.

We will trade him, it will be hard, but it will be done.

Banana boat 2018. Trust the process.

4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

5. amaru

amaru Member

Rose is on a minimum deal.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So from what everyone is posting, we would have had a gofundme page for Kent Bazemore.

I see.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

He just got married and is probably having a mid-life crisis.

Many people were skeptical on CF when Morey gave Ryan that huge contract, especially with it being 4 years.

And people who are comparing him to other bad contracts in the league. Which are those teams are trying in a win-now mode? I'm expecting only us.

8. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I got 5 on it.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I actually don't think it'll be as easy as people think to trade his contract this coming summer if thats what some of you are expecting.
    No team is going to want him packaged with Eric Gordon; that's more than $30 million a year salary you're taking back for two more years.
    Certainly no team is taking on Ryno and PJ together. Who else could they possibly package with him to unload his contract? Our 1st rd pick is not that attractive. The best deal we could probably offer is Ryno + Zhou Qi + the 28th pick. Not getting much for 2 more years of Ryno.

I've accepted him as a Rocket by now. His play is sucking but he owns up to it, certainly didn't b**** with all the rumors, and still can help you win games when he's on. Obviously I'd like him to play well more often, but we can't have it all.

10. abaker28

abaker28 Member

You haven't seen his wife have you.

11. s3ts

s3ts Member

I did. I ain't throwing away 20 mil a yr on her. I ain't droppin that kind of cash on no b****es.

Fack that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Agree with you 100%.

s3ts likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Derrick Rose signed a one year deal for 2 million. I don't get what you're trying to say here.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Smh spending moar money, your own money on him....NOPE!

15. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Without Ryan Anderson we don’t get CP3. CP3 didn’t know Anderson sucked when he decided to sign.

16. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I like to just pretend that Ryno's and EGO's salaries are flip-flopped...makes it easier to swallow. EGO came at a discount whilst we overpaid for Ryno because the Kings were gonna swoop in.

17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Your asking fans to pay for this dude to leave, when hes already making 20 mil a year.
    When some people make what 35,000 a year. You be trippin...

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thats what I said lol.

However if he retires then his figure will be wiped off the books, I think in cases of retirement and injury retirement the salary is wiped off like I remember when Sanders walked away his contract was wiped off the bucks payroll.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

If he is bought out his salary will still be there. If he is stretched then that wpuld be better in the short term but worse in the long term as we would still be paying him when he is gone.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

He could have spent it on a 1 year deal.

I think Morey just panicked when he waited all summer for Horford and got turned down. It was a dumb move that was in hindsight extremely un-Moreyesque. The dude who let Dragic walk and traded Lowry away because they weren't big enough stars suddenly paid 20M a year for a role player lol.

I think if you made Morey confess he would say he thought Anderson was a star not being utilized enough in NO. Morey is someone who cares only for stars so when he signed Anderson he probably thought he was getting a steal.

Btw can you imagine Anderson in Sacramento? He is already this bad with Cp3 and Harden, without those guys he might be seen as the worst player in the league lol