1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goal for 2014 Monster Draft? (more about roster than Draft)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Knightrogen, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The name you're searching for is Josh Selby. Most athletic player of his class, he was a darkhorse who unseated Harrison Barnes, Brandon Knight, and Austin Rivers to take the top spot on Rivals for his year. He played one year as an afterthought in Kansas and left for the NBA too early. He flashed some improving skills on Memphis after he was drafted, but it was too little too late, and pretty much the book on him has been written. The best player from that class turned out to be the darkhorse PG flying up the charts late in the season, Kyrie Irving.

So if you're question is, might Andrew Wiggins pull a Josh Selby and disappoint in his only year in Kansas? Or not even flame out as bad as Selby, but simply fall into the late single-digits like Ben McLemore? My answer for you is, unequivocally no. Just no. There's no way. Perish the thought.

2. Progs

Progs Member

3. Progs

Progs Member

Yeah Rockets will problaby end up with their own 27 pick based on where they problaby end up with a 2nd seed record in the West and around the 4 best record overall. Knicks pick will be a top 50 pick ONLY at best because the East is so weak. So the Rockets barring a trsde are basically looking at maybe just 1 player who will contribute on next year's team from this liaded draft via the late 1st rd. Good news is that this draft is crazy deep thru the 1st rd so the Rockets should problaby get a player who can start for them in the future and that has upside.

4. Progs

Progs Member

Seeing how young the Rockets team is overall and how the Rockets have Canaan and Covington maybe being rotational players a year from now having just 2 picks for next year's draft the Rockets are in great shape overall plus Morey still and will have assets to trade if he wants to. No need for the Rockets to aquire another 2 rd pick and Morey has enough assets to do what he wants.

5. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

I am thinking Rockets may move up in the draft to Teen's. That would be sweet for a BIG draft. Paring the newcomer with Parson and Lin. Rockets will be pretty set around Harden and Howard.

I am pulling for Chris Walker from Florida or Aaron Gordon if he slides that far.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

7. Progs

Progs Member

James McAdoo sounds like a 4 that would fit the Rockets good.

8. jvu

jvu Member

Dante Exum will be top 3 best player in the draft

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Then there is no need in us paying any attention to him.

10. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

I think Rockets need a dynamic wing player.

International player Dario Saric. Saric was projected to be a lottery in 2013 draft but he chose to come in 2014. Many teams like his game a lot. He could be a big complementary piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ux6G0gedYR4

I think he would be great playing along Harden, Lin and Parsons.

Anyone?

11. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Another one is Kentucky's Poythress. An athletic and scoring wing. Will be interesting to see how he performs on a loaded Kentucky team. He could move way up though

12. Progs

Progs Member

Just because this year's draft is once a generation draft I wouldn't mind getting another 2 rd pick for Greg Smith... Unlike 2013 draft 2014 has EPIC written all over. 4 pontential Superstars in Wiggins,Randle,Parker,and Exum... Exum's first step and drive game reminds me of MJ. Sulamion sounds like a good prospect and so does Isiah Austin in talk about a stretch 4.

13. Progs

Progs Member

This is a kid who can be in 20's because of how deep it is but this kid has alot of talent.

14. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Kuran and AI aren't brothers...they are second cousins that met once..

15. Progs

Progs Member

Not unsual there are second cousins I nevet met.

16. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

My goal is to have the 30th pick

17. threedaybean

threedaybean Member

How do half these ppl get to post on here kuran might as well not be related to ai and hes definitely not his brother

18. Progs

Progs Member

Im with you I want to have best record in the NBA and win a championship then draft an unknown late in the first rd. Anyways there is not much difference in a loaded draft like these whethere you draft 25 or 30 for that matter. Is all about your scouting department and GM making the smart choice.

19. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

does anyone think a team would be dumb enough to accept say pick 25 (our first round pick) for the 31st pick in the draft just so we can offer the 31st pick a non guaranteed deal on less salary?

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

We need a perimeter defender badly on this roster