1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goal for 2014 Monster Draft? (more about roster than Draft)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Knightrogen, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Does Houston have its own 2014 first round draft?

2014 draft could be the deepest, top heaviest draft in a decade.

If you were Morey, will you trade Parson or Terrance Jones for NO.1 pick given Parson or Jones still on the team?

I personally like us to have a lottery pick at least to pick Noah Vonleh or Kuran Iverson, AI's brother.

Hope Mod doesn't move this to Draft board cause this is more about future roster change and strategy than draft.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Would I trade Parsons or Terrance Jones for the number 1 pick?

Yes.

"And?"

Yes.

3. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

Right now there is no Rockets future until we find out where Dwight is signing. If Dwight signs the goal is to contend and there is absolutely no way Morey will trade a proven player for a draft pick.

And if Dwight doesn't sign I'd still wager that the goal would be to continue improving the roster seeing as how we were already a 45 win team last year, so I still wouldn't see that happening.

4. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Even with Dwight, the next draft will produce multiple superstars. If team like Charlotte and Wizards want to contend now, they might be willing to trade the pick for whatever they can get, for example, star potential Parson or great shooter DMo. Then draft someone like Jabari Parker or Aaron Gordan. Then Rockets should be set for the next 8 years. Now plus the future~

5. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed by "first pick" you meant a first round pick, not the first overall pick... you honestly believe that a team will trade the first overall pick in this draft for Parsons or better yet DMO?

6. thekad

thekad Member

I was hoping Morey could grab a 2014 first rounder for Robinson, but I suppose people are holding those picks to their chest for now. Definitely need to find some way to get in that draft.

7. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

yes, I meant first round, specifically First round lottery pick.

It might be easier that way to get a star or superstar potentially then trade for Josh Smith. You get my logic.

8. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

But I am afraid Morey and Rocket management want to win now, so they might not be patient enough to go for a young player.

Maybe I am wrong but I definitely hope I am wrong

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The World is changing and changing, next season? who know? maybe a half team rosters have left Rochets

10. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

No I don't get your logic... no team will trade a potential superstar for Parsons, and if they do for whatever reason then that means that player must have some huge baggage or bust potential that would make it a big risk for the Rockets... either way it doesn't make sense...

just ask yourself if the deal is great for the Rockets why would the other team do it?

11. NotChandlerParsons

I remember reading a long Feigen article about how they were going to build a team around Dwight. It said contrary to the Yao/Tmac years they are not going to be trading young players for veterans necessarily. So I think (and hope) they will be continuing to build through the draft.

12. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

Put it this way, everybody knows the Cavs and Wizards are trying to win now. For example, Cavs want a SF to play along Kyrie and Waiters. They might not be patient enough with another Rookie to develop. So a older player like Parson or Asik might fit the bill.

Just an example

13. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

If they're trying to win now wouldn't that mean they likely won't have a high enough lottery pick?

And as the Rockets, Dwight Howard will be 28 next year, if he's been signed then do you want to wait for a prospect to develop while he's about to exit his athletic prime? Just makes no sense

14. JD88

JD88 Member

I would love to see the Rockets get a top 10 pick.... As much CBB as I watch, and as closely as I follow the recruiting process, I see several perennial all-star's

Andrew Wiggins
    Julius Randle
    Jabari Parker
    Willie Cauley-Stein
    James Young
    Andrew Harrison
    Kaleb Tarczewski

I'd love for Houston to be able to snag one of those guys.

15. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

It is about Sustainability and long term success. Dwight wants to win now and so is everybody else. But moving an asset to get another young player won't hinge the mentality and strategy.

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

Kuran Iverson is AI's cousin and they barely talk lol.

17. Progs

Progs Member

Dante Exum is also eligible for the 2014 nba draft. Dude score 33 vs Spain yesterday.

18. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Ill trade Dwight Howard for the 2014 #1 pick, and if they as for Chandler Parsons, I'd have to pause, not for long, but I'd at least give it a thought...

19. Knightrogen

Knightrogen Member

I really hope Rockets sneak into this draft.

Could we get a 2014 first rounder in return for Asik??

20. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Even cooler, I think we have like 4 second round draft picks.