1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giving Danuel House some love thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 6, 2019.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Really liked House ever since he was with our Summer league team.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Haha, honestly I think i need to stop arguing with people in general on here, i feel like it makes me seem like a dick.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Intersting that you mention Summer League, I was listening to a podcast by Salman Ali(one of the Rockets beat writers) and he talked about watching Gary Clarke in the Summer League and how he was completely disappointing :(. He said that things like this and how he didnt play well in practice was why he couldnt crack the rotaiton.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  4. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

McLemore, Thabo, and Chandler are not good...Clemons still needs to develop. Not sure that's the best way of proving your argument.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not using the eye test I'm using the reality the Rox underperform in the playoffs compared to their regular season performance. That shows you the data you get in the regular season has a lot of noise otherwise why is the playoff result different? 1st seed in regular season cant even reach Finals lol. Healthy team with rest facing banged up gsw without Iggy, Cousins, KD and Klay cant reach game 7 lol. Logically it also makes sense why this is the case Tucker can stop Emeka Okafor he cant stop Draymond and Kevon Looney. If Tucker faces 9 Okafors from diff teams but only 1 Kevon Looney will his net differential be high or low? OTH in the playoffs does he face the 9 Okafors or 1 Kevon Looney? It's not just the eye test, its trying to sift through the data to see what is actually useful for analysis.

As for the money defines the player, well duh. You think the CEO or janitor makes more money? The pilot or flight attendant makes more money? More money more problems/responsibility. If teams think you wont contribute much then they wont pay you a lot. OTH if they pay you a lot they expect you to contribute a lot. That is true irl and in the NBA as well.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

They've been good for veteran minimum players. Majority of min contract players dont see game time so getting 5-10 min players is a win already.

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

It's not a win when they're your bench, and you need a strong bench to actually contend.

8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

this is why EGO is so important. we know james and russ can do..... if EGO can be that consistent 3rd scorer, clint can contribute a double-double, house continue to be steady, thats much less we need from tucker, rivers, mclemore, thabo, and chandler.

EGO may be the most important piece. he has been so awful on both ends and you see the results so far. our offense can be historically good despite having some scrubs on the bench if james AND ego play well at the same time.

BasketMAD likes this.
  9. jowman

jowman Member

Guys a beast. One of the few possible upsides we have left in our old man roster with no flexibility to make moves.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Bench has EG and Rivers already, teams don't have 5 great bench players they are lucky to have 1-3.

11. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

watched von rafer highlights because of this post. It’s crazy how explosive that guy was.

smp likes this.
  12. Chamillionaire

He's young enough to be playing 36+.

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

because there is less games in regular season officiated by scott foster

are you really gonna sit there and blame tucker for adam silver blatantly denying rockets trip to the finals?

small sample size plus remember game 1 rigg job that the entire nba acknowledged even the refs who did it themselves

14. smp

smp Member

Von Wafer and Mike James!

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

While this is obviously true, it doesn't support your point. Sure, on average, better players make more money. But one of the most important pieces of the championship formula is having guys who outplay their contracts. This can either be done by overachieving young guys like House, overachieving vets who find a really good fit, or stars/superstars that are willing to take a paycut. House will definitely be a major contributor for us if he can continue to play like this. He's been very impressive on both ends.

16. Nook

Nook Member

No we need wings that can play the 3/4 and 4/5...... they need to be able to switch quickly on defense like Ariza and Moute did and they need to be able to defend multiple spots and be okay at shooting 3's.

Brook Lopez has size and can shoot 3's but he would struggle with how much we run.... the pace we play at carries over to both sides of the court.

The good news is that the type of player we need doesn't need to be offensively skilled beyond hitting corner 3's and he doesn't need to be an elite rebounder. The bad news is that they have to be good athletically and with a long wingspan. There are players out there. The chief criticism I have of Morey is that he really hasn't developed any players like that.

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

How about MKG? @Nook

#77 Deuce, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    JuNx and RudyTBag like this.
  18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I wanna take a victory lap when I was one of the house supporter when the he playing a dangerous game era lol.

also unlike clint I see a huge improvement in house.

I looks past what everybody else sees. the intengables n try to be ahead of the crowd.

before the year I was screaming man I wish we had Covington.

I have now seen enough to know we good with house instead. n dare I say house gonna be better.

people arent seeing this. but I think he is our best defender after tucker. I see so much pride in how he plays defense. aways in front of a guy...if he gets beat, never giving up on the play.

i think he gonna get so much better at it cause he wants to be a defensive stopper.

not to mention his driving kicking n 3 point ability. perfect for us

if only we can get love fore clint weak ass

hakeem94, Denovo and vlaurelio like this.
  19. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i am all for giving him a shot...if he can just play great D and run the break with russ he's all you can hope for for the minimum

HP3, JuNx and vlaurelio like this.
  20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

you can tell russ likes playing with him.

hakeem94 likes this.