1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give the credit where it is due--about Yao and Game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

If you can't write, at least learn to read. I didn't say you bashed Yao, I said you keep bashing the fans. LOL, is that your argument every time - calling people YOF's? It gets old you know, well not for someone who seems to be 8 years old. No wonder you're a rookie. I'm a loyal Rocket fan, thanks very much.

2. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I was here long before tracy arrived here. so the Tag of being a TOF dosent stick here.

3. reverse

reverse Member

OMG, this is too much. How can you say he is YOF? He is just trying to let us konw the importance of Yao when he was on court, which medias said little about. You are too sensitive and overreact to other people's points, especially about yao.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Yet your first post was when Tracy was traded here. Quit denying it, TOF. If you don't like being called TOF, then stop calling other people YOF. Hypocrite.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Next time go and bash the dude who was claiming tracy is the problem.

6. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

You are out of you're mind. i was posting here during the francis and Mobley days.. lol..you are a twit.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

Well, blame the search engine. I had my buddy run up your post history and the first post was when T-Mac was a Rocket. Keep calling people names if that makes you feel better. :rolleyes:

8. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

The only thing stopping Yao from taking over the league is his stamina.

9. Astockmarketgod

Man you TOF's and YOF's need to just quit it...

did we forget the role players and bench players... played a big part too in the win...

did we forget we won the game? if all you care about is stats...then...

over at the Jazz boards they are talking about who did the crapiest job... Sloan, boozer, okur etc...

I seriousy doubt any of them would be trying to compare or say one player got more attention then the other player... are we all still in preschool?

true I saw some jazz boards where they had videos on the two slam dunks by boozer (over Yao)...

but then most were talking about how Yao got into Boozers head....

bottom line is both Tmac and Yao did what they were suppose to do.. and that was win a game...

10. LookatDain

LookatDain Member

Study: Scientists found hypocrisy to be delicious.
    Headline: Nascar to allow drunk drivers.

11. tsunami

tsunami Member

Stop whinning like a baby.

12. zhangstein

zhangstein Member

That is right.
    It is like when you are hungry and eat a burger, you still feel hungry then you eat another one. Now you feel full, so you say to yourself:" It is the second one made me full, why did I eat the first one?"

13. tsunami

tsunami Member

Case closed my ass. I am not a YOF (neither TOF). But you were really disgusting. Without Yao, Rockets would have lagged by 20+ point, and the game would have been virtually over whatever TMAC did in the 2nd half.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

the reason i think beyond the stats that tmac gets the love is that "he makes his teammates" better. point blank. that's the aspect of tmac's game that everyone is enamored with right now.

is it a coincidence that when tmac shot well, the team started shooting well. when tmac is involved, our offense flows smoother.

that's part of tmac's game that no one cares about apparently and only look at the points he puts up. my goodness.

yao is our scorer. he's our most efficient scorer. he's our anchor in the paint. and anyone who doubts that is stupid. w/o that, we won't be able to weather the storm v. teams who can score. but again, we have seen yao play well v. utah in the last game and he frst half and no one else plays well w/ him. that's not a coincidence either.

yao will get his. tmac knows yao is dominant. that's why he says yao is the best big man in the league everytime someone is dumb enough to ask him that. and please, stop saying yao is the best center. it's a GIVEN now.

BUT tmac will get his and help others get theirs. our role players are dependent moreso on tmac than on yao.

that's why tmac is our engine. he is our sura this yr b/c when he has confident and shooting well, it's a given the rest will shoot well. outside of the mavs game earlier in the yr, i never saw tmac shot well and the team sucks.

15. anitasri

anitasri Member

This team in YAO AND MAC- whether they suck or not, that is OUR Team.

The sad part is that we will only go as far as Luther makes his shots, and Rafer does not freak out in the 4th quarter on crucial possession.

Mac was poetry in motion in the 3rd quarter- the guy is a STUD- an unselfish STUD at that, that is NOT very easy to do.

Battier / Chuck Hayes are our hustle guys- who play their hearts out.

Juwan should NEVER be on the floor with YAO unless Chuck is in serious foul trouble. Let us wrap up game 2.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

BOTH Yao and TMAC were just what we needed yesterday.

Yao: Did a great job of keeping us in this one. (he was the only reason we were in this game in the first half)

TMAC: FInally clicked and won this one. (you can't argue with his 3rd quarter / 2nd half)

17. airmanz

airmanz Member

Yao kept rockets in the game in the first half! Without him, I don't see a big come back if we were down by 20+

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, for future reference. DON'T qoute someone's post whichis more than 5 lines. Edit it first.

You wrote 1 line...ONE, and quoted one that is like 20.

19. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

man rafer needs to get credit for defending deron pretty good in the 2nd half while tmac was on harpring.

and even though he shoots bad (it will hurt us if he doesn't improve), but he contributes w/ rebounds and assists.

this is a TEAM. it takes 5. let's forget about the individual players. everyone who stepped on that court contributed to the win in one way or another.

20. SladeRider

SladeRider Member

The Rox won, Yao was probably the biggest reason we kept in it in the first half as did the other players who helped contribute.

In the second half, Tmac exploded and took the game to another level that only he and Yao could do. Yao played a great game throughout but Tmac played much better in the second half.

Overall, Yao was the reason the game was in touching distance and with Tmac's help, the Rox went on to win the game.