1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give the credit where it is due--about Yao and Game 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Apr 22, 2007.

1. rfila

rfila Member

I know people like hero. I know NBA needs hero, for whatever reason. But I did not know they could go that far.

Anyone watch that game can see Yao contributed as much as Tmac, if not more. It is not just about his 28 points and 13 rebounds, He set screen much more than his average. He altered shots a lot more than his average. Look at Jazz big two's pitful FG%, how many of their miss shots was because of Yao?

Then what did I see? When we had comfortable lead in 4th quarter, I saw many posts talking about leaving Yao on the bench because we do not need offense as much and Yao was hurting defense because he was slow. That is OK--they are entitled to have their opinions.

I was excited Rockets won the game and put extra time surfing the net--I wish I did not.

I went to Rockets web page. Everything was about Tmac. well, maybe the writer just wanted to make his story more entertaining. That is alright. At least he did not carry too far. After all he gave the Game Ball to Yao.

I went to NBA site, same thing. Except they do not have Game Ball to give. Instead they put those dunk-on-Yao video, as though Yao were beat up while the fact was just the opposite.

Then I came back to this forum. I just quote two consecutive posts(post game thread #191,#192)below: They were the ones made me write this thread.

#191:
    Who are the stupid here? Yao was the one keep us in the game. Without Yao's effort, Rockets would not even have a chance to come back, not to mention Tmac have a chance to show he is not the one "talk the talk".

Do not get me wrong. I am happy Tmac finally showed up. We need him for the series, we need everyone on the court.

Tmac was the one to blame for the first half and to praise for the second half. Do not take all the credit after a win, espcially after someone carry the burden to compensate your one-point-for-first-half performence.

Sports won't be sports without fainess, on the court or off the court.

Have to get it out of my chest before go to bed.

2. metalshred

metalshred Member

It's stupid to say whether t mac or yao is more important to the team. Just believe it, THEY BOTH ROCK!

3. metalshred

metalshred Member

Plus i hate it when people say T mac or Yao sucks or that they r useless in any situation, if u don't like them, why don't u ask the GM to draft u and little bro to replace them next time. Learn basketball before commenting.

4. demon77

demon77 Member

people do give credit to yao but its pretty much a given that yao will dominate. They already expect yao to dominate, so its not really something special unless he have a career night. Same for kobe, if he only score 30, its nothing special.

While for T-mac is a differ story, since he is less consistent.

5. riverage

riverage Member

Yao is not mentioned just because he only showed him in the first half. But without his first half show, can we get the chance in the second? Also, look at Boozer's scoring today. Can we say Yao is not efficient in defensive side?

6. Head9

Head9 Member

at least Yao is no harm to rockets??? Man, what the hell you are talking about?

T-mac got 1pt at 1st half, I wonder how your LOGIC works at that time?

In my opinion, you should only keep your LOGIC to youself, shame on you!

-----------my reply from the post-game thread, how dare this Rock_Johnson guy ends his shxt with " i like the big guy", that makes me feel sick. :mad:

#6 Head9, Apr 22, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

You YOF's ARE A JOKE.Is you're hate for mac that much that you cant stand anyone praising him?. mo9st nuteral observers will say mac is the guy who won the game. he was quiet, we suicked, he turned it on, the rockets won. case closed. get over it. yao was sensational in keep it somewhat close, but mac won the game.

8. YAO&MAC

YAO&MAC Member

I have been fed up with the comparism for our duo. :eek:

The fact that in this game, if no Yao in the 1st half, its hard to see Rox are able to come back in the 2nd half. If no T-mac in the 2nd half, Rox would never win the game. They both are always main factor and they both are important. You cant say who is better, who is greater.

9. rfila

rfila Member

I am done with you. I do not like to argue with some one at your level of reasoning. You can not even read a post right. YOU ARE A JOKE. period

10. demon77

demon77 Member

blazer_ben, do you really need to quote the whole thing? :rolleyes:

T-mac simply did his job in the 3rd to compensate for the 1st half. We didn't win the game just b/c of him, other contributed too.

11. zerhoe

zerhoe Member

Yeh seriously it doesn't matter as long as we win.

12. TYAOC

TYAOC Member

Great post!I got the same feeling when I saw some of the so called fans blame on Yao even he was the only one who played well in 1st half. I am not YOF, I just can't understand why the hell those so called fans ignore whatever Yao did in the game and just gave their applause all to Tmac.
    This makes me sad.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's only the first game and you guys make it sound like Game 4 of the Finals...

14. Chronz

Chronz Member

LOL

You are SO Asian

Tmac and Yao were good (NOT GREAT) and each had their moments, but make no mistake about it Tmac is the driving force that runs this squad, the entire team relies on him to create their offense.

Keep an eye on game 2, Yao should have a monster game now that he knows how they are going to play him. Tmac had too many defensive lapses and Yao had too many rebounds just plop out of his hands.

15. Chronz

Chronz Member

Dont let another fans oppinion make you sad, just appreciate the win. I dont think anyone ignores Yaos contributions, but Tmac was just that sick in the 2nd half and it proved to be the difference.

16. TYAOC

TYAOC Member

You TOF's ARE A JOKE too. Is your hate for Yao that much that you can't stand anyone give credit to Yao? Most nuteral observers will say it is Yao who supported Rockets closed to Jazz in the 1st half. I wonder what you were thinking when Tmac only got 1 pts at half time? Did you give some credits to Yao at that time?? If you didn't, I'd say SHAME ON YOU!!!

17. lethe

lethe Member

I hate those people, they've made a lot of noises of discussing who is more important to the team since T-mac came to rockets from Orlando, those people are not real rockets fans.

We love every game of rockets,we love our players,we wanna championship.Those annoying people who like comparing Yao and T-mac endlessly,shut up your mouths plz.

18. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Yao scored 13pts in the 2nd half. Somehow, he is still relevant in the 2nd half.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Stop being a hypocrite. This is exactly what you do. When someone praises Yao, you bash them and say T-Mac deserves praise more. This is what pisses these YOF's off. And what's up with your typing style, are you 8 years old or something?

20. Outlier

Outlier Member

No doubt about it, some of these homers even want T-Mac traded to the Lakers cause they think he has a better chance there.