1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 4 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

German train 'axe attack': Many reported hurt

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jul 18, 2016.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Congrats dude.

1 person likes this.
  2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

I wonder if there are any parallels with the knife attacks in Israel as far as how and where the perpetrator got the idea.

3. Buck Turgidson

I can't remember what the %ofGDP they were paying out in reparations.

The second part of your post is interesting discussion fodder, but not here or now.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Congrats man. I hope he becomes a Manchester United fan.

I usually travel a lot through Frankfurt. How is the general level of concern / safety measures around the German airports regarding terrorism?

5. Nook

Nook Member

They won't, but they should pay them to leave. If they don't want to be there and they believe in an Islamic State; then them being in Germany isn't good for anyone. The refugees that want to stay and acculturate can stay.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I actually scolded some old form-mate for posting that god-awful Trump-Pence Nazi painting on Facebook over the weekend, but what do you when it just comes bubbling up to surface. Go ahead and admit to yourself that the only reason you prefer NSDAP is because they weren't brown.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And you should really pursue a career in comedy.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I rerouted my trip to go to Berlin last night (instead of Istanbul) I wish good things would start happening to a city when I book a flight.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's easy if you understand the pattern. It's not just happening to random countries.

Right now, going through the airport of any country in the world that now or in recent history has/had troops in the Middle East or N Africa is a big no no.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'll go through any airport and will not be intimidated by you or your brothers in arms.

11. Mathloom

Supporting Member

So brave! :rolleyes:

I wouldn't put my loved ones at risk, if you want to, go ahead. The world is a big place, there are plenty of beautiful places I can feel at ease from violence, racism at the airport, racism in the streets. The list of countries may feel like a lot of places to you, but in reality it's maybe a dozen countries out of 200+ countries in the world.

I left the turkish airport 5 hours before the bomb on my way to Finland. I called the consulate to see if it's safe to pass through there again and they said yes. One week after I stopped over again there was a military coup and 250+ killed. My father in law left a day before the coup. That's not an experience I want my wife/family to go through again.

Also, if you're going to cry like a little girl every time someone calls you a nazi, then you might want to stop calling others terrorists. You're being a hypocrite. People have been quoting you doing this for weeks. These are traumatic times for everyone and you are adding stress to people who are traumatized by these images, worried about their loved ones, paranoid about everything, I'm sure there are people who have lost friends to this stuff, it does no one - including you with your agenda - any good to behave this way.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Germany is pretty safe all things considered, we've been spared from real attacks. There's been prevented attacks in the past, but we're not in any state of emergency or facing definite threats right now.

You should feel safe going to Berlin.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Has the thought ever crossed your mind that people live in the areas served by these airports? What choice do I have? If I live in London, Berlin, Munich, Paris, Brussels - your fellow Islamists can strike there or anywhere else anytime.

Should I let you or them dictate my life? Nope. It has nothing to do with being "brave".

Who the **** are you to tell me which airport to use or not use?

These people are ideological brothers of you. They bring their crap to our countries. The more Muslims we have in our countries, the more of the same **** like suicide bombings and mass murders we have that countries like Israel have had to deal with for decades.

I didn't call you a terrorist. But you follow the same basic ideology as the terrorists. They just take it many steps further. But you are part of what enables them. You are the one who wished for a cartoonist to live in fear for the rest of his life over a cartoon, who blamed a rape victim, who doesn't understand "what the big deal is about honor killings", who says "sure it is permissible to beat your wife in Islam", etc. etc. etc.

14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Has it occurred to you that people live in the Middle East where you wish to wage war? You want to bomb the terrorists and the terrorists want to bomb you. This is your game, you and the terrorists are the players, and this game is not mandatory. Don't come to me whining about what they're doing as if it's just happening to your country. There is a history and no matter who started it, none of the players are willing to stop killing. I'm the only one here against what they do and what you want to do. I don't live in your freak show and I don't wish to be a part of it.

I didn't tell you which airport to use or not. I wasn't even talking to you. You're just so obsessed with me, you couldn't help throw yourself into it. I responded to a person who asked a question. Now you're throwing a b**** fit asking who am I to tell you bla bla bla? lol Ok beyonce.

Listen, I don't have conversations with you although you don't stop stalking me around the board. I tell you what I want once in a while, that's it. You don't exist the rest of the time, except in quotes from other people. Have fun talking to yourself.

15. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Lol. A muzzy with the same views as terrorists says it's easy to figure out if you understand their pattern. I guess it's a cultural thing, when and how to blow up the white man.

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

****ing seriously?

Is this the "Trump effect" people talk about?

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Attacker targeted East Asians.... Wow

18. Raz

Raz Member

News update:

- Fortunately no deads yet except the offender who got shot when he tried to attack the police with his axe and knife. Five people got harmed, two of them are in serious danger. Four of the victims are a family from Hongkong on vacation
    - Media says Police found a self-made IS flag in the offender's room plus apparentely a goodbye letter to his father
    - The offender was a 17 year old refugee from Afghanistan, he's been in Germany for two years and came to a foster family just two weeks ago. He also was in an internship with the possibility of being upgraded to an apprenticeship

What an ungrateful piece of ****. But you gotta be happy that individuals like these don't have access to guns over here. Let's hope the tourists survive.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, c'mon! Deck is way older than me! :p

Besides, I've been trying to maintain discipline and not antagonize ATW. I know his views and he knows mine, so there's no need to argue anymore. I may have broken ranks a time or two, but I think I've done a good job the past year of not getting into it with him.

ATW, congratulations on fatherhood.

On the axe attack, I'm suffering from news fatigue. So much crap going on in the world, I can't even bring myself to read an article about yet another senseless spate of violence. I could say something about guns, or the refugee crisis, or whatever, but I have no endurance left. So, I'm just going to snicker at the dumb things Trump says and pray he doesn't actually become president. I go to France in a week, but expect to run into no terrorists while I'm there. Knock on wood.

1 person likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Attacker calls himself "soldier of the caliphate" in video.

[​IMG]