1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think she is single now after her get together with Daario Naharis? Time to marry n lock down that dragon butt, King of the North!

That is how you do it GOT style, watch Euron and learn.

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Entropy

Entropy Member

She wouldn't need to burn the whole kingdom to the ground, just King's Landing which has already been pre-burnt by Cersei. King's Landing's role as the seat of power is merely symbolic--it was dragonfire that created the throne, and she's got the monopoly on it. Once the Lannisters are gone, everyone else would fall like dominos since no one has the manpower left to resist her, and the ones who do are already on her side.

Lets face it, the writers had Dany do the siege because they know if Dany had gone the full dragon assault route Cersei wouldn't stand a chance. Her desire to be seen as a liberator is a convenient excuse for them to hide behind. The people in Westeros aren't slaves, they chose to be where they are.

As for the powers meeting up with Dany because she is the Queen, they could have sent their family members as emissaries/hostages to demonstrate their loyalty. Olenna could have sent wealth and supplies to demonstrate her loyalty, and excuse her absence due to age and precarious position as last surviving Tyrell. I agree with your points about the Euron fleet battle.

#462 Entropy, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not on board with the anti-Tyrion plan peeps. His plan made sense. You have to defeat the enemies AND win over the people.

On Theon, I'm thinking he felt he would be more help not dead and will redeem himself later, or, he realized he's still a coward, with the exception of when it comes to his true adopted family, the Starks - and he's going off to die for one of them down the line instead.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Tyrion is one of the main reasons the Lanisters won the battle of blackwater.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree. Starving them to death is a great way to win them over.

I do agree with this seriously. Don't get the criticism of what Theon did. He was on a ship essentially alone at that point. All of his men were dead and his sister had a blade to her throat. What the hell was he supposed to do? He could not have done anything to save her. Had he charged in he'd either be dead or a hostage, now at least he's alive and can of some use somehow down the line.

6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

So surely Euron already had some ships before he came back to the iron islands. Then when Yara left she couldn't have taken all the ships because not everyone sided with her over Euron so he would have gotten a couple more there.

I didn't expect Theon to try to save his sister but I do think down the line he'll have a chance at redemption and will take take it.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The innocents there already hate Cersei, starving them might cause them to revolt against Cersei. Burning everything doesn't help anyone. Plan seems fine to me.

8. justtxyank

As others have said, why would they have to burn everything?

It's like saying America's only options to deal with an enemy are a ground invasion or a nuke.

I'm cool with the idea that you don't want to use the foreigners to sack the city, that does make sense.

Also, we need to forget the realism for a minute. Realistically the Lannisters shouldn't have enough men to defend the city and Casterly Rock at this point and Cersei should have almost no allies in King's Landing itself. Firebomb the castle and you'd have to think everyone else would essentially just surrender.

Entropy likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I haven't gone back to check or anything, but my recollection is that Yara took a minority of the Iron Fleet when she absconded. So Euron would still have hundreds.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they said she took the best or the fastest ships, but certainly not all or even most.

11. justtxyank

Euron claimed she took "all of my best ships"

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I suppose that settles it. Euron took the remainder of the weaker ships and upgraded them by doubling them in size and strength. Mystery solved.

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I seem to recall Euron telling his people to build more ships when Theon and Yara took off, so now we know the Iron Islands has a huge armada production plant to mass produce those ships.

durvasa likes this.
  14. MystikArkitect

The teleportation device everyone's been using doubles up as a ship replicator.

Bad guys get it for a week then the good guys. Next week Jon will have 10 Wun Wuns at his side.

B-Bob and durvasa like this.
  15. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Let's be honest here, ever since the show went past the books, this show just has not been that good. Don't get me wrong it's still entertaining, just doesn't seem as well put together.

Mr. Clutch, fba34 and Entropy like this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think a lot of it has to do with time passage, I think Sam and Gillies son is now like 4 or 5, so at least that time has gone by.

DD

17. Entropy

Entropy Member

The show seems to have images and scenes they want to play out to dramatic effect, but they just kinda ignore common sense and believability to get there. I'm not gonna be emotionally invested when the physics of the world are all handwaved away and when characters act stupid to ramp up the drama.

primtim24 likes this.
  18. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I remember watching the show when it came out and I wasn't into it and as a result, I read the books to try to understand what the fuss was all about. It definitely fleshed it out better and I became more invested in the TV show as a result of seeing the books come to live. Now that the TV show has shot past the books, I remember why I was struggling. I think as good as the TV show is, which it is, but I think when its done and over with, we will all lament how it could've been a lot better.

val_modus likes this.
  19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Having read the books, if the show stayed loyal to the books it would have become an extremely mediocre and boring show after season 4.

The showrunners have done their best to make boring material entertaining, it has come at the cost of tight story writing.

MystikArkitect and Blake like this.
  20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agreed. Not just when they went past the books, but even when they started departing from the books. I give them some grace because they have limited time for an enormous project, but I enjoy it less and less the more stupid **** they throw out. I think they have a few things in their favor that will keep people watching unto the end. People have already invested a lot in the show. People know that there is a definite finish line they are working toward and then it is over. People are skeptical that Martin will ever finish the books, so the show's end might be the only end of the story we'll ever know. And, they are bringing back the gratuitous nudity.