1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Yeah, I knew It couldn't have been a flashback almost right away on the first watch, and knew it was Arya. Something just didn't feel right.

Rocket River and justtxyank like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well we knew it wasn't Walden Frey because right before the cold opening they showed us in the Scenes from Last Season Arya slit his throat. I mean, I think it was the very last scene they reminded us of.

Anyone who thought that was Frey wasn't paying attention to the last episode of S06 nor the opening reminders of the premiere....I meekly raise my hand.

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Better it be Ed Sheran than Sansa's real boyfriend , the Jonas brother

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Last few seasons have all started with flashbacks. So it could of been Frey in a flashback. I thought it was Arya, but was confused because Frey is so much taller than Arya. Didn't think Faceless Men could change height.

5. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Personally, I thought it was well acted because Frey seemed "shifty" to me in the scene, so I pretty much guessed Arya was wearing his face. Also his personality changed from his usual self through the dialog.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ah! True. Plus, I was just out of shape wrt being prepared for a cold opening like that.

"Him" not drinking to the toast was the tell that everyone was about to die of poison...but I still wasn't quite fockass'd enough to think Arya, as I had just sat down with popcorn. I will get better next time with pre-show meditation and stretching.

sammy and Rocket River like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Him not drinking was a definite tail
    Then when he made sure the woman did not drink . . . i knew
    Did not quite think Arya . . . .but i knew the fix was in

Rocket River

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I somehow suspected it...... just old medieval Tom Cruise Mission Impossible gimmick.

[​IMG]

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

10. Nero

Nero Member

Hey! It's Cassidy from Preacher!

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's a tell.

primtim24 likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Hoping they bring the show back down to earth a bit in the next few episodes. What made the show so great at the beginning was how grounded it was, as much as one can be anyway with dragons and magic. They've shied away from that lately and are trying to let the bombast carry the show instead of the acting and writing.

Joffrey was great, Ramsay was fine, Euron seems like a generic sleeze. Lady Mormont was a breath of fresh air in Season 6 but needs to be toned down and not be given anymore dialogue. The little girl putting grown men in check thing will wear thin. Ed Sheeran cameo was so unnecessary for a show like this that it single handedly created the most cringe worthy and cheesy moment in a show that basically was flawless before.

I was hoping and still am that the bean counters didn't get to this show to make it more palatable for a wide range of audiences (i.e. Less politics, nudity and "Games of Throning", More explosions, dragons and cameos).

Rocket River and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. cebu

cebu Member

watch this if your IQ is below average.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

uhmmm No

Rocket River

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I didn't know who Ed Sheeran was so that scene didnt bother me in the least. If it was Bieber, then I can see that bothering me.

If you followed closely in the beginning, people were generally skeptical of fantasy. They were skeptical of dragons and white walkers and the fears north of the wall and really didn't believe they existed. This is why at the beginning of the show you never saw the fantasy side.

While the show is called Game of Thrones, GOT was really the first book. The series is called A Song of Ice and Fire and is more about fantasy than kingdoms warring with each other. While I understand what you're talking about, just keep in mind the show is following the books. This isn't something like TWD where the producers and writers are pulling **** from their ass as the seasons progress. However many people who followed the books will agree the beginning of the series (books) is much better than the middle (where we currently are picking up from in the show).

Personally I am enjoying this part of the series more as there are less and less characters to follow and provides better story lines.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My thoughts exactly, that sounds like a bust waiting to happen. I'd be surprised if it wasn't canceled before the first season was done.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. Buck Turgidson

I don't understand why that scene is so confusing to you guys.