1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Futbol] USA vs. MEX @ San Antonio Alamodome 4/15/2015

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Jan 14, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The US made it farther than Mexico in the last world cup. OT in the round of 16. Mexico lost in regulation time.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

And that got you... what... finishing rank above... whom?
    USA: One win, one draw, two losses, 4 points. Score of -1 difference. Finish: 14th place.
    MEX: Two wins, two draws, one loss, 7 points. Score of +2 difference. Finish: 11th place.

:grin: Yeah, is that farther? Just because you couldn't score during regular time? Haha.

3. bigtexxx

Sorry, despite all your irrelevant cherry-picked statistics, the US are the kings of concacaf. #1 qualifier, made it farther in the world cup.

4. SwoLy-D

Irrelevant? Oh, ok. Like you play in the region to be in some OTHER tournament? LOLs.

:cool: Not cherry-picked:
    [​IMG]

Silly of me to mention RANK is everything for the next Cup. I'm sorry about that. :p #readTheRankingAndWeepAgain

5. smr6

smr6 Member

We all know that the USA will look great the first 70 minutes, and then Mexico will probably score 2 goals in the last 2 minutes to either win or earn a draw.

That's the theme for recent USA matches anyway.

6. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

Gonna have to have this on as background noise while I watch Rox-Jazz tonight.

8. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Talk about cherry picking Slowly. How did Mexico get into the WC by the way?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vFREXbDG_Qc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. bigtexxx

/discussion.

Daddy USA allowed Mexico to play in the world cup

10. SwoLy-D

Yarborough will find out he made a terrible mistake playing for the incorrect team. :cool: If anything, he should have been playing for the U.S. in 2013 and 2014, when he was best with Leon.
    I'm glad it's based on POINTS and positions, not "based on what other teams do." So we sucked in the beginning... and we didn't get enough points to get in straight like y'all. So? We don't have to thank anyone because you could change the order of the games and we qualify without anyone's help.

Looks like you don't play football enough, texx. Like, you really didn't think the U.S. should have beaten Panamá? You make me laugh. :rolleyes:

May the best team win tonight!

11. Beavis Stiffler

If Cubo Torres scores the game-winning goal, it will be like Sidney Crosby's game-winning goal against USA when he represent Canada at the 2010 Olympics while he's also playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins in the NHL.

The people in Pittsburgh got over it very quickly. The same can happen here for the people in Houston when Cubo Torres plays for the Dynamo this summer.

12. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

No, not really.

13. SwoLy-D

#MiSeleccionMX starting 11, it seems:

[​IMG]

:( Damn, Damm, damn!

Now show me yours...

14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

That's who I'm most interested in seeing out there. (Along w/Cubo Torres of course).

Was Marco Fabian not called up? If so why isn't he starting?

15. smr6

smr6 Member

That field looks absolutely horrible

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

That pitch is disgustingly abysmal. It belongs in Cuba, El-Salvador, Trinidad, Sudan, Uganda etc. I've seen pitches that $hitty in those countries but to see it in the US, especially given the fact it's at the Alamodome(not like the match is taking place at NRG stadium 3 days after a Texans game). I may be wrong but I imagine they've had the last 2 or so months to get the pitch conditions right for this match being played indoors and yet it looks like trash.

San Antonio deserves to host such a match but c'mon how are the field conditions that horrid?

The USSF and SUM are disgusting for not taking care of the pitch issues given all the time they've had since the match was first announced.

Also, Jurgen is just trolling at this point. He gives less than zero F##ks about the media and fans when it comes to his lineup choices.

17. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

My Fox Sports 1 is showing darts...

18. bigtexxx

Univision announcers are having a spirited discussion about whether Kyle Beckerman bathes.

Too bad there's no English language broadcast on Uverse

#38 bigtexxx, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  19. smr6

smr6 Member

Guessing you have Uverse. They are in a dispute right now so they wont shot it. Flip to Universidad Deportes and you'll have to watch it in Spanish.

20. SwoLy-D

They seem to have watered the field too much in certain areas. Just crappy.

Damm is injured, ferrari.

[​IMG]

LOLs. :grin: