1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

From NOLA.com: typical

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bobby60, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Bobby60

Bobby60 Member

"I was disappointed by this game I thought the Hornets had things together. I wonder where all the Pargo lovers are? I lost count... how many games are left out of that magic 15? The Houston "run" is against mostly weak teams so I don't put much stock in it...which is what many are exactly doing

The fact is the Hornets should have won this game and having DWest out hurt but not enough to lose....again. Hornets gets some needed rest in order face 2 of the real Western threats starting Wednesday. Back East Detroit is no joke either...should be a good one."

Typical of the Rockets' "victims": they just can't accept that they've been beaten by a superior foe. Unfortunately, this attitude is prevalent around the League. Next!

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

It's just a dumb fan. What do you expect them to say?

"Our team lost because we suck!"

No way any fan would believe that, especially when they're in a break out year.

3. MexAmercnMoose

let them haters hate, i love being the underdog and then owning teams by +10 points, it makes the wins that much sweeter

4. cujo

cujo Member

Rockets beat em twice in a row by double digits in the streak. I guess he doesn't think too highly of his team then

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

This is hysterical. He says EXACTLY the same things most people are saying about our streak, then brags about how he's not just a SportsCenter-following lemming.

6. bbjai

bbjai Member

I notice he also failed to mention that Yao is out

7. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

And Landry

8. uchlha

uchlha Member

gonna laugh if new orleans loses the next 2 games against "superior" foes also :)

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am happy that NOLA doesn't "respect" us. That only means they will take us lightly and we can beat up on them again and again.

I'm telling you people, be happy the media disses us.

It's best motivation for our guys, and lets us stay under the radar. Good stuff.

10. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

LOL, good point. :D

11. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

Can somebody please make a calculation based on the winning percentage of all the teams beaten during our run this year and the 17 wins run of the mavs, or the Phoenix run from last year.
    I guess we'll get some surprises...

12. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

This is like all of those teams that say something to the tune of "Their Defense isnt that good...we just had a bad shooting night..."

Hello? Thats what good defensive teams force you to do. Shoot badly.

Sore losers... :rolleyes:

13. Nero

Nero Member

Now now, don't be too hard on NOLA... they are every bit as good as Indiana, which is the only other team we have beaten twice in our 'streak' besides New Orleans.

;)

14. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

We have GOT to kick their backside at the next meeting!! No ifs, no buts, just a full scale a** whooping!!!! :mad: :mad:

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

LOL - as far as I've seen NO ONE nationally is putting stock into it.

Yes, it's very valid to say the Rockets' streak has been during as puffy a schedule as teams can hope for. They've haven't played any of the serious title contenders (Lakers, Spurs, Pistons, Celtics), maxing out against paper tigers like the Mavs, Hornets, and Cavs.

At the same time, it's ridiculous to dismiss the streak - it's the longest one in years and well inside the top ten in NBA history. No, it doesn't anoint us as favorites, but it's still an accomplishment worth appreciating.

Hey Hornets, what's the longest streak in your FRANCHISE HISTORY?

Here's a hint: we've nearly doubled the number.

Evan

#15 emjohn, Mar 10, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  16. steefrancis

steefrancis Member

well i guess he is saying that NO is a scrub team...glad their fans have alot of faith in them

17. yobod

yobod Member

We beat Cleveland twice in our streak as well.

18. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Phoenix 17 game streak - combine winning % .496

Dallas 17 game streak - combine winning % .450

Houston 18 game streak - combine winning % .477

19. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Until other teams start winning streaks like ours, it's really stupid for them to diss on ours. I'm sorry, show us your 18 (and counting) game winning streak, and we can compare...OH WAIT...you don't have one.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

To be fair, our fans would say that about us. Check the threads back in Dec.