1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Fran Blinebury] Unmade Deal Most Unfair to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by infinitidoug, Dec 11, 2011.

1. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/12/11/unmade-deal-most-unfair-to-rockets/?ls=iref:

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Post no made correct for thread.

3. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I am glad that it was Kevin Martin and Luis Scola on the trade because they are mature enough to understand NBA is a business.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What's funny is if we somehow end up with the first pick from all this then we know for sure the league is rigged.

But I doubt that will ever happen.

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I had hoped for as much but we already know the first pick will go to new Orleans for being a poorly run franchise.

6. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Yes, Squid would have exploded on twitter and completely destroy our team chemistry

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

New Orleans is obviously getting the first pick so that Stern can essentially sell the first pick off for $.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I am really waiting to hear some type of backlash from Les....anything really...

Even if it is just a tidbit like "Les is not happy about it, and has let the league know about it."

9. StevieCrossover

That's gonna be 100,000 dollar fine. Ching ching

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I don't get it. Its not like Pau was going to make us a contender. And he's 32.

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

You obviously have not seen the guy play. As much as I hate his guts, I can admit that he's a fantastic player, and teaming him up with Nene or another legit big-man would have transformed our front-court.

Maybe not this season, but by the next one we would have added more pieces (think how easily Morey added a guy like Kevin Martin) and could have been legit again.

12. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

No doubt he is a baller, but didn't he say he didn't want to play for Houston?

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh well, no use crying over spilled milk.

Stern screwed us, but we were collotoral damage, got to move on and try something else.

DD

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Yes, and as much as I hate having players come over here that didn't want to initially (I remember giving the middle finger to my computer when Amare said the same thing), its a business, and i'm sure there are a lot of other players who got traded here and though they might hadn't expressed it didn't want to be here.

A front court of Gasol-Nene was just beastly.

Surrounded by easily acquired cheap role-players that Morey always seems to find in the rough and possibly a 3rd piece and we could have done some serious damage.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Collateral damage? I'd say we got colorectal damage.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Fran is a bold man to be critical of Stern... Isn't fran working for the NBA?

17. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

He would have to matter to the team before he could affect chemistry.

18. VBG

VBG Member

I've watched him play. The guy looked exhausted at the end of last season and has logged heavy minutes and could easily go the Kevin Garnett way in a season or two.

He's also emotionally unstable and is past his prime. In his prime, as the number 1 option he couldn't win 1 playoff game, screw a series, with the Grizzlies.

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Seems like a sweet offer. I can't believe Morey didn't say yes!

:rolleyes:

20. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

its over. yes ok we got screwed nothin else we can do but work with what we got unless we sign sammy cause marc ain't looking to pretty..that would be super duper hooper great but....owner already matched. Marc descions. I'm hoping we get marc at least tho. but oh well if that falls we only got nene/sammy options. to sign....