1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Forbes] Jeremy Lin May Be The Dumbest Harvard Grad Ever

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Big MAK, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

2. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Well even if he is the dumbest Harvard grad ever, he's still the smartest person in the NBA and that's a fact.

And also, how the hell can you tell who is the "dumbest Harvard grad ever"? That's stupid. People always find a way to hate.

3. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

wasn't there a report recently listing all the top 100 athletes in endorsements and NONE of them were in NY?

4. Spooner

Spooner Member

I know some Harvard grads who aren't very bright. Just saying...

5. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

What a joke writer. Don't you have to have a modicum of intelligence to write for Forbes? I guess since it's online it doesnt matter.

6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

This guy admitted he was a Knicks fan, so he's just letting the frustration flow onto the keyboard. He brings up endorsements, like everyone does when arguing about a large market, yet didn't bring up the fact that jeremy himself said he didn't care about endorsements, so he only has a few. He also forgot to take the China connection into consideration. The overseas money could crap on the New York money.

7. toby

toby Member

[​IMG]

[clears throat]

5 people like this.
  8. tomtom22

tomtom22 Member

Forbes is not what a consider respectable. It's where rich f' go to boost their ego.

9. teebone21

teebone21 Member

haters gonna hate. THey never like seeing any of the 5 popular teams losing starting players

10. thejav

thejav Member

how can anyone take this seriously..lol

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

getting into harvard is an accomplishment in it self

12. Trackball

Trackball Member

Uh, he went to Yale...I think. I know he has a degree from there.

1 person likes this.
  13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

that beat your crap squad by double digits

Which is why Eli makes WAY more than Peyton in endorsements right? Because New York right? And on a championship team? New york endorsements totally over rated.

14. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Butthurt Knicks fans are butthurt.

15. abcd1234

abcd1234 Contributing Member

Yao Ming's Net Worth $65 million
    Carmelo Anthony's Net Worth $40 million

how does he know playing in the garden is more valuable than playing in Houston, which is said to be "Asia's team" with the help of Yao?

16. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

That might be the dumbest Forbes article ever.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

LOL I already replied with this;

"Do you honestly think the Houston Rockets would structure a contract to make it easier for the Knicks to match? So taking the most guaranteed dollars is 'dumb' now. Don't you think it's at all peculiar that a team with a former Asian superstar in Yao Ming, a team that knows the power of the Asian markets pursued him the hardest? Do you think Lin honestly wouldn't have stood to benefit financially from endorsements while even with the Knicks he was turning down money?

The point you made below about 'countering with the fourth and fifth year was never going to happen, Daryl Morey even declined to give the arguably more talented Goran Dragic a fourth year player option, which by all reports was the tipping point for him leaving for Phoenix. Why did the Knicks say they would match up to a billion? They had a chance to match alot less, and got called on their bluff.

Furthmore, the tone of your article is very much about the money, not surprising, but sometimes it’s about more than that, shocking I know!

"Honestly, I preferred New York," Lin said. "But my main goal in free agency was to go to a team that had plans for me and wanted me. I wanted to have fun playing basketball. ... Now I'm definitely relieved."

The Knicks could have offered him 4 yr 24 million spread evenly over the life of the contract, and there would have been no issue. But they didn’t. When a team declines to renew your contract, reported has discussions to frontload the contract to avoid LT issues, tells you to go out and find an offer (oh, by the way we will match ANYTHING), pursues veteran Steve Nash hard, signs a 40 year old in Kidd who openly stated he was to play in the crunch-time, trades for an overweight, out of shape Raymond Felton who’s glory days with the Knicks was with the coach they just fired? How would that make you feel? When your primary goal is to go to a team that has plans for you and genuinely wants you? That is really ‘dumb’. To leave a toxic locker room scenario with Smith and Carmelo, to go to a team with an established Asian fan base, to go to a team he has a chance to own and call his own?"

Was kinda fluffing with the year 4/5 bit, but I otherwise I don't think I was too unreasonable..

3 people like this.
  18. TurtleBonzi

TurtleBonzi Member

Dang, I can't believe Gary Forbes is talking trash about his own teammate...

1 person likes this.
  19. dram1

dram1 Member

The dumbest Harvard grad ever could probably be this guy's BOSS;)
    There's nothing dumb aout taking guaranteed money. I think he will make more here since the Rockets are basically already China's NBA team....China loves RED NATION!!!!

20. vince

vince Member

That is an idiotic columnist. He probably thinks that New York is the center of the world. He brings up the point that Yao did well, but only cover his butt. What we have here is a sports fan who is sulking - and more than likely because he is a Knicks fan.

I'm not holding my breath that Lin becomes an all-star. I think that he'll soon be challenged for the starting spot if Lull comes to the Rockets after the Olympics. Either way, Lin did what any prudent person would do...

I don't care what someone says $25 million dollars guaranteed is enough to live on for the rest of his life. Let's remember that the 4th year was a team option - 9 million dollars (27 - 9 = 19). So Lin got himself an extra 6 million dollars guaranteed - again why does that make him dumb?

Idiot Forbes writer!!