1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Footage of Hakeem doing drills with Dwight Howard, Rockets big men

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

1 person likes this.
  2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Thanks, Clutch. I can't watch at school but will as soon as I get home.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Thanks Clutch. Good to see Hakeem back helping the guys esp Dwight. Hopefully he can teach DMo and TJ some defensive fundamentals.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, It really didn't look like Dwight was taking those drills very seriously.. Didnt look like he worked on that hook much either during the off season... It could also just be a warmup session too so what do I know?

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Saw a whole lot of bricks from all the guys involved. Not good.

6. bmd

bmd Member

Yeah, when you do drills like that goofing around, it's almost not even worth doing.

You'll only get better when you are focused completely on what you are doing with the intention of improving.

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

That really didn't look good at ..is too strong to face up so much..but then again he's also pretty quick..just need to get the ball in more consistent

8. 713

713 Member

Who was that defending Dwight in the first 30 seconds?

9. bmd

bmd Member

Josh Powelll.

10. FeaR

FeaR Member

Everyone in Europe know Powell is a poor defender. He doesn't have a motor, he is like dead when he plays. But he can hit the mid-range shot and is a good cheerleader on the bench.

11. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

I felt the same... the intensity didn't look like a team most especially one of its captains leading by example.

It is not everyday they get to work with the Dream... and when they do they act like this?

Come on Dwight... Ever since you came to Houston I have been one of your biggest fans. It will take you in your prime focused and determined to carry us to that next level.

Every practice must becoming a stepping stone in the right direction... we can no longer take two steps forward one step back. Our window must less your window is closing. I would love for you to finish your career with the rockets chasing championships but it starts NOW!

12. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Yeah looks like ESPN got their player rankings perfect for our backup bigs.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he still takes way too long to get into his move. he's gotta go right away. depending on D behind him, he's gotta go before even fully catching the ball

14. Misigns

Misigns Member

Dorsey shooting mid-range jumpers :eek:

15. CertifiedTroll

Yeah, I was about to post that his form looks fundamentally sound.

16. Normalus

Normalus Member

You guys are awful, there was defensive lessons by McHale&Dream, not offensive. Thats why a lot of bricks in this video, they were fully focusing on defense.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Dwight practising facing-the-basket moves. I think Dream's adding to his repertoire, could be why he's missing.

Similar to the Day 2 footage of Harden shooting midrange jumpers with Canaan. Adding moves

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don't see the point of no contact practice. I can practice wide open jumpers all day doesn't mean jack **** if I'm contested. Same goes for dribble moves. If you're not practicing with a defender then why even practice at all?

19. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

You armchair quarterbacks, this is a small sample and the point of that practice could be a small walk through. Not all practices and discussions have the same intensity. Hakeem was right there and knows how its done, unlike you guys. If he felt this particular practice needed more intensity, I'm sure he can speak up and say something.

Clutch thanks for posting, always nice to see the Dream out there. I thought last years Dwight showed improvement in footwork. Of course, he will never have Dream's touch so I'm glad his athleticism is looking good and still improving after back surgery.

Damn, Jordan and company sure are lucky they didn't have cameras in their face 24/7. I didn't not have sexual relations with that women, Monica Lewinsky.

20. bmd

bmd Member

Because you have to get good with no defender before playing against a defender.

Practicing by yourself is to work on your mechanics. Practicing with a defender helps you to remain fundamentally sound under pressure.

Both are important.