1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Florida Night Club Shooting - at least 20 dead - impact on US elections?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Jun 12, 2016.

?

Will this shooting help Trump or Clinton, if it turns out that it was religiously motivated terror?

1. It will help Trump

51.0%
  2. It will help Clinton

7.3%
  3. It will help neither of them

41.7%
  1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

dandorotik is having a tough day. gather yourself, son. Continuing to post is making it worse

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The people having a bad day are those whose blood is barely dry in Florida and their loved ones.

Perspective. Check yourself and don't express political glee in substantial moments like this.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You know your country is f***ed up when one man can decide he wants to commit mass murder one day and then with little effort immediately kill 50 people and injure countless others. America (as a country) is truly an embarrassment.

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I don't know how much world media access you have but man you live under a rock.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This. What a tragedy

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I agree... he used his religion as fuel for his hatred against gay people.

But many Christians believe homosexuality is wrong, too- so if a Catholic kills a homosexual, do we start profiling them?

Again, I understand the difference. I'm just wondering out loud how you enact these things into policy without going overboard.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well not to be too callous about this but Hillary did lose 50+ potential votes in this including the shooter. Of course that number of potential votes is insignificant so the real loser here will likely be liberty as those on the left use this terrorist attack as an excuse to take away from the people in order to empower the federal government....their goal when it comes to pretty much any issue.

8. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

And the right will use this an excuse to take away Constitutional protections for minority groups, on a day that a minority group is attacked. Lest we forget the bake-headed, unconstitutional proclamations that Trump spouts on a daily basis.

be consistent in your criticisms, yo.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/), also known as—though sometimes differentiated from—sociopathy (/soʊsiˈɒpəθi/), is traditionally defined as a personality disorder characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse, and disinhibited or bold behavior.

10. dandorotik

You know what- you're truly a despicable person. All my posts were of the speculative nature in terms of how one deals with a tragedy like this- that it's possible that profiling could be part of it, but that I'm not sure how that would be enacted into policy. And I merely posted what the father said without making any type of commentary.

But of course, being the dark rectal stain on humanity that you are, you have to make it about this. In spite of our differences, I'd be more than happy to discuss differences with ATW, Bobby, or any others I disagree with. But when you're a blatant racist and miserable human being like you are, you can't help yourself.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Election impact? No.

First, it's June. There will be dozens of other events that eclipse this in voters' memories by then.

Second, any one who is gonna have a strong opinion based on this event in terms of politics has most likely already decided upon voting one way or another before this. I mean, St. Bernardino already happened. So if this shooting is going to make someone want to to vote with a primary goal to stop Muslims or to strengthen gun laws in November, they probably already decided to do so back when that shooting happened.

There have been too many damn shooting in the U.S.-- religiously motivated or not-- so they really don't move the needle much anymore.

12. dandorotik

He can't. Supreme assholes like him can't help themselves.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I think this guy was just someone who really despised gays rather then a guy connected to a terror group. Does anyone know if he was really on FBI's radar like earlier reports?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's not really the right because those ideals are completely against what those truly on the right support. That said you are correct, idiots like Trump and those who support him probably will seek to strip protections from minority groups and that's another way that liberty is harmed by this act.

Stupid people of all political backgrounds react foolishly to these sorts of things.

I generally don't talk about how Trump would react to any given situation because IMO it goes without saying that he'll think or try to do something r****ded. It doesn't even have to be talked about, it should be assumed.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I've never met a person who was anti-LGBT rights (let alone hated them as a group of people) that wasn't motivated exclusively by their religion.

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

dork.

17. dandorotik

I think most of the people on the left don't really give a **** about empowering the federal government- most of them simply don't want people to die senselessly due to gun violence.

And if your solution is to allow people to carry firearms in a nightclub with alcohol being served continuously, I think you'd best consider the ramifications of that.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Wow what an ahole Dan Patrick is. Texas can be so embarrassing sometimes.

19. dandorotik

Do the research. Stricter gun control laws correlate to less gun violence in terms of mass shootings. Look at Australia, Europe, etc. We dominate the world in mass shootings. There's a reason why.

20. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Huh? Homophobia comes from non-religious people too. Anyone who feels their manhood is "threatened". Sure its becoming less and less common, but we're not that far removed from society where homophobia was the norm.