1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN and Zach Lowe just LOL @ the bunch of knee-jerk fans here

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Jul 8, 2019.

1. dmoneybangbang

Rubio/Booker... the duo we didn’t know we had to fear!

2. dmoneybangbang

They weren’t perfect but that’s not the argument by the article. When we had everyone healthy, including the addition of House, Faried, and Rivers we were a +60 win team.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Will Faried come back now? Nobody is offering him anything. “MLE to add a rotation piece” certainly applies.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Most media have actually. The main problem is that we are a year older, thin bench, looking to get even older with Iggy and Tyson, we are not athletic at the 3/4 spot and have no stable shooting off the bench.

We are banking on Hartenstein and an old fart if he signs.
    We are banking on House and or Green to contribute as part of a 9 man rotation.
    We are hoping for Iggy to come and be our 3/4 along with Tucker.

This does little to our 3 main issues: rebounding, thin bench (too inexperienced, too old, not good enough on defence and or inconsistent shooting) and lack of athletic bigs who can switch.

I’d add a 4th in lack of great 3pt shooters, but that’s arguably not true as Harden, EGO, Tuck, Rivers and even House did well for the most part. CP3 should come back to the norm.There’s also coaching, but I won’t go into that.

Nuggets, Clippers, Jazz, Lakers, Blazers and Warriors arguably have a better roster if you look to go 9-10 deep as of right now. Even with Iggy and or Chandler. The market is nearly dried up so it seems like we will go into the season with the same issues we had last season unresolved.

Morey might have some tricks up his sleeve, but Covington coming off an injury, Westbrook, Siakam are not going to make us better and or are pipe dreams. Banking on a buyout or trade, but if the media would question what we’re doing then they are being fair in my opinion.

5. dmoneybangbang

No clue, but I think bringing back House and Rivers was more important.

6. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, whatever the case. I dont think we arent trying. I think dudes are just signing elsewhere, wether it be because of money or location.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Apparently the free agents are ignoring the Rockets as well. How about that.

mikol13 likes this.
  8. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Agreed. They likely are trying. But if they let the MLE go unused again they aren't trying nearly hard enough.

HP3 likes this.
  9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Totally agree. Only hope is a trade that brings defensive rebounding and defensive swing. People need to quit looking at regular season and look at playoff basketball to see why we are falling short.