1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ebola coming to America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Oct 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. cml750

cml750 Member

What is everyone's thoughts on this? Should travel from infected African countries to the US be stopped for now? How do you feel about the CDC's handling of this so far? Now that two American's have become infected in the U.S. and one of the infected people actually flew on a plane with over 100 people the day before she had symptoms, how scared are you about this spreading? Considering even people wearing full hazmat suites sometimes get infected, is the CDC correct when they say you can only catch this from contact with bodily fluids?

Personally I think all we should stop all travel from countries with major Ebola outbreaks and I do question if the only way to catch this terrible disease is from contact with bodily fluid from an infected person.

#1 cml750, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So no flights in or out of Dallas?

3. cml750

cml750 Member

When and if the "outbreak" in Dallas becomes like the one in affected African countries that would be a good question but for now it is silly. Are you concerned about this at all?

4. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

go hide in your basement with your guns & canned food.

i'll let you know when it's over.

/never

5. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I agree with Fox News on this. There's no need to panic or live in fear since that would have no basis, facts, or reason. Very good break down of the issue.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z2KBfynW09I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's God's plan. Africans are God's children all the same.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not at all concern. Watch and monitor. If it spread fast, then of course I would be concern. Considering all the evidence at hands, it's "normal" what's happening.

CDC handling of this is bad. Why not send the 1st patient to a special ebola unit? That is what I would have liked to happen.

Hospital handling of this is worse than bad. Send him back to general population initially (completely dumb) given his statements of where he recently was and his symptoms, didn't have any protection for staffs when he was submitted and for some period of times afterward. Why did they risk so much for a person showing clear sign of sickness and was told that he came from that risk region? I don't get it. If this turn out to be because they were concern about taking in a person with no insurance (IOW, money reason), what a shame and what a major failure of the health care system.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

There's a piping hot tray of xenophobia on the table, no need to bash religiosity.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The incompetence of our experts alarms me. Do I believe an organized, controlled response to Ebola can stop it dead in its tracks? Yes. Do I believe the U.S. can actually walk the walk when it's time to implement that protocol? No.

I feel like a year from now, when this is over we are going to quietly hear that all the guessing based on past Ebola outbreaks was wrong and that the virus this time was far more robust than previous strains.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Don't mess with Texas. We are special. Anything that get here will suddenly turn badass.

11. rudan

rudan Member

You saying they all look alike? You be racist.

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Certain conservative groups are salivating at the idea of legally keeping more blacks out of the country.

13. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

In three month's time, no one will care. You can quote me then.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

:rolleyes:

To tell you the truth, I only have one gun, a deer rifle, and I don't eat canned food. I am not actually scared of this but the CDC is coming off as not knowing what they are doing. I think we should stop incoming traffic from infected countries until we understand exactly what we are dealing with and hospital staffs and EMT's can be properly trained to deal with this terrible disease. If two are more care givers get infected for every sick person then this could get really bad, but feel free to insult instead of debate and discuss. That is the liberal way.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It is a national embarrassment that two American hospital workers have become infected due to their providing care for an Ebola patient. That should never have happened.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

This could very well be a more potent mutated strain of the virus. That is why we need to stop traffic from infected countries until we understand what we are dealing with. Once we understand what we are dealing with and the proper people receive proper training then we can reexamine letting traffic from infected countries resume.

17. cml750

cml750 Member

I didn't realize Ebola was racist?:rolleyes: What does this have to do with race other than it happened to start in an African country. This is a terrible thing no matter where it started.

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Not worried but can't believe the level of incompetence in dealing with this . Why the hell didn't the nurses have some kind of decontamination chamber they use before stripping off the protective gear. Seems like something that should have been part of the protocol from the start .

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Isn't it curious that Obama and Ebola sound the same?

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Because that **** is expensive to maintain and we live in the first world.

The status quo beforehand was b****ing about hospital costs and how they were moving towards for-profit.