1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard looking at a 6 to 8 week time frame (UPDATED w/ Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 8, 2015.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, we can agree to disagree. I don't have to take your word, Dr. Lowe's word, the Rox front office's word or anybody's word on this matter. I'm in a wait and see mode at this point when it comes to this Dwight injury situation but I'm not holding my breath or holding out hope that Dwight is A-okay at this point and just needs extended rest and will be back good as new. If he comes back and is able to help the team and play at a healthy level, then great! But to me, it appears Dwight is a big question mark at this point. We don't all have to be monolithic and have the same opinion about everything.

1 person likes this.
  2. okeezie

okeezie Member

Once again...Dwight is an athlete, not a healthcare professional. He misunderstood what was going on and said it it nonchalantly while everybody else freaked out. Shame on you for taking the athlete's word as the gospel when the medical professional has told you otherwise. If you are too stubborn to accept it that's on you. I knew that Dwight misspoke because he would be handled like Clowney if he had true devastating cartilage damage. The knee encompasses different compartments. If Dwight had Brandon Roy's bone on bone he would not be playing. At all. His bone edema is on a non weightbearing surface, the knee cap and/or where it tracks. Clowney's issue is on a weightbearing surface and was due to a traumatic injury. In my world they are completely different injuries.

3. boiler

boiler Member

Unless you're a member of the medical staff directly dealing with his condition, you're just another poster like everyone else on this board. If you're truly a doctor, you should know that every patient is different. I do agree with you that we all, you included, don't know what's going on and thus should not make conclusions.

2 people like this.
  4. Rocketsfan07

Rocketsfan07 New Member

+ I also read if it was bone on bone dwight wouldn't be walking let alone partaking in practice and playing in the games.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Makes sense. The freakouts are unnecessary.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I can't blame people for freaking out based on Dwight's comments. It's what happens when the team lets the athlete talk and doesn't care to correct him. It took half of November, then December and January, for the doctor to finally clear it up. If you're not familiar with the subject in some capacity, then you're going to take Dwight's words seriously. Again, it's the team's fault for letting it go on for so long and not issuing a correction promptly.

7. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

until the trade deadline

8. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Demarcus cousins anyone?

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

Keep laying them smack downs. The good insight is much appreciated.

10. okeezie

okeezie Member

The difference is I made no statements that weren't a result of what Dr. Lowe said. I translated what he said to laymans terms. The doctor said it was minor. That's all that matters.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Are you eventually going to take someone`s words for the injury?

I mean, if you are not going to believe anyone's words, you pretty much to have to go and examine Dwight's knee yourself.

12. okeezie

okeezie Member

And he was playing with it. He left the Phoenix game due to an ankle injury, not the knee. The knee pain was stagnant and he was playing with it ever since he came back. They decided to go ahead and rest him to get him ready for the playoffs. Maybe you need to read all the stuff the team doctor said. It's amazing how some people discredit people who have expertise in an area. And go back and read my posts. I have said over and over all patients are different. Who are you to tell me what I should know? This is what I do all day every day. Go read my previous responses and respond. Or don't and be quiet.

13. okeezie

okeezie Member

And do it with no knowledge of what the hell he is looking at.

14. okeezie

okeezie Member

You are right. Nobody knows what is going on. We just have to leave it to the man upstairs to fix it. Nobody on this Earth has enough expertise to navigate this situation. I'm assuming you don't go to any doctors, dentists, optometrists, etc because you have all the answers already. You just wait it out no matter what. That "wait and see approach". Gotcha.

15. platypus

platypus Member

Keep preaching brother. You are spot on and are thinking with logic and without emotion.

A lot of idiots on this board hated the Dwight signing. But when Howard had a solid season they receded back into their holes. I expected them to come out in full force when Dwight's play dipped or he faced adversity.

And here we are, many of the same posters that hated the signing are now lamenting Dwight's injury and criticizing his play.

So it does not surprise me that they are immediately jumping on the "darkest timeline" regarding Dwight's injury.

16. baubo

baubo Member

I think some fans simply ignore all the times the doctors are right and focus on the ones they get wrong, which while it may not be often, are the ones we remember. Just look at the TJones injury. Rockets didn’t know when he’d return, and they said so. Once they had a good idea, they gave out an estimate, and his return fell most in this area. There were people who were freaking out earlier in the year, yet throughout the process the Rockets staff were both open and clearly correct with his diagnosis.

I’m not going to sit here and say Dr. Lowe is 100% correct. No one can predict injuries with certainty. But I’m more inclined to believe that if he predict something, it’s likely the best guess available to us at this time. Is it 90%? 80%? I don’t know. But I’m more inclined to believe him than random poster here who refers back ton an article of T-Mac from a decade ago to show precedent that Dwight is done for the year.

My best guess is that Dwight comes back for the playoffs as 80% of healthy Dwight. Then have offseason surgery, miss about 30 games to start next year, and then it’s anyone’s guess what will happen later.

17. okeezie

okeezie Member

It's a shame. I laugh every time someone asks what Dwight's trade value is. Morey said point blank Dwight and Harden are untouchable and will not be traded. Yet they still ask. And if Dwight had value after major back surgery then he has value after this. Look how many teams threw max money at him coming off back surgery and we want to freak out about this.

18. delishman

delishman Member

Punish them, okeezie!!

#PLOWWITHEEZIE

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Same thing they said about Tmac...doctors are not always right.

DD

20. baubo

baubo Member

So therefore the standard judgment to any doctor's words is that he's wrong?

Does this mean when your doctor prescribes you medicine for a certain ailment, you throw the prescription out the window because "doctors are not always right?"