1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doubters, Please Form a Line To Submit Your Apologies

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonKnock, Feb 3, 2017.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

Ha! I have no problem eating crow. This team is consistently proving me wrong; proving that they can win in a variety of ways (blowouts, come from behinds and close games). I hope they keep shutting me up until June. I’ll refrain from posting out of frustration next time and have a little more patience!

Go Rockets

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

should of stopped at the first sentence...the rest was was kinda like the clippers game after the crossover

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know when those post came during the game, but upon Re-watch, it really did feel like the game was over after Morris hit the 3 to put Celtics up 6. I didn't realize there was still 6+ minutes left to play. Celtics got to 100 first, were hitting all their 3's, and were in the penalty with 4 minutes to go.

Then Rozier hits a 3 to put the Celtics up 6 with 3 minutes to go. It felt like it was over at the point AGAIN, lol.

Can't blame the doubters.

#623 DreamShook, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    xtruroyaltyx, Sidarma and chadyang like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes you can

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

6. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I was pulling for them the whole way, but I'm not shamed to admit that when Smart made that desperate heave, I got flashes of Roy and Lillard's daggers. Same side, too.

7. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

One of them is not like the others, Unclutch and very low % shooter o_O

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

We’ve all been doubters in certain games, making excuses and being bitter about being called out is weak.

Just eat your crow and be more optimistic next time.

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

The real season hasn't started yet; everything changes. I want them to go full "Astros," just like you, but we will have to wait and see. Our best chance is for someone to knock off GS.

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

not sure why cp3 didnt guard him by being in front of him thus denying him 3 pt and allowing for an easy 2(which didnt matter at that point since we were up 3)

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Pretty much why this is a garbage thread.

That’s what fans do. They ride emotional waves throughout games. It’s a way of blowing off steam, frustration, anxiety. It’s just fan emotion.
    Calling out other fans for blowing off that frustration is weak. People watch games differently...it doesn’t make them a lesser fan because doubt creeps into their mind.

What is the game thread supposed to be? Everyone sitting around chanting “believe, believe, believe” over and over?

If you are looking for something that gives you unconditional love even when you suck go get a puppy.

Where is this thread when the “doubters” are proven right and the Rockets come up short?

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

are doubters correct UNLESS we win the championship? is a championship the only way to prove doubters wrong?

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Naw it's a fun thread if you don't take yourself too seriously. I think it is fine to have wild mood swings as a fan. It shows that you care.

@DonKnock put me in this thread once, but I think he was drunk when he was combing through the game thread. Pretty sure putting me in this thread was a big ass drunken mistake by the Don.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

The answer to your question is an obvious yes but that has ZERO to do with this thread. These are posts from snapshot moments during single games.

Doubting the team in a single game because of the way they are currently playing is not the same as saying there’s no way they can win a ring.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Fair enough, I’ve just never been a big fan of calling other fans out because they don’t react the same way to the ebbs and flows of a season/game.

There’s enough real haters that plain don’t like the rockets to where we shouldn’t have to call out our actual fans.

16. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

agreed. i'm this way when it comes to my rockets fanhood and as a result, i get falsely accused of being a mavs fan! the funny part is i go to more games at home and on the road then the same people accusing me of being a mavs fan! LMAO!!

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tissue crybaby.gif

hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so you believe that makes them even more guilty since the universe reacts to vibrations of our thoughts and acts accordingly?

DonKnock and don grahamleone like this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I don't want to live in a world where we can't blame doubters.

HP3, hakeem94, DonKnock and 5 others like this.
  20. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

cyberx hasn't ever been wrong as far as you know and I don't think it would be possible to point out any instances of him having been "wrong." He tells us what's happening at a moment in time. He doesn't guarantee what will happen after that moment in time. Nobody could do that. That's not being wrong. That's the definition of an insider.