1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas (believe the hype)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hectoro, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Yoda

Yoda Member

Love this pic and stop looking at old photos and videos, he's already bulked up a lot since then. He has a good frame. Houston is the perfect place and staff to get this guy to work hard to fulfill his DESTINY!

2. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

If you saw his workout videos, you'd see that he's already added a HUGE amount of muscle. Dude looks like your typical Eastern European thug at this point. I like the guy, I just don't know how we're going to get playing time for our picks. Morey has proven that he really does go BPA.

3. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Member

I would have been very happy with Donatas at #14. Getting him with our later pick is a huge bonus.

Donatas has legit offensive upside at the PF spot. Much moreso that Scola at his age.

let McHale and even hakeem mentor him, and watch out.

4. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Member

I completely agree. People are looking at what his weight say's on his profile pages. He's actually been bulking up quite a bit now. His size now looks fine.

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

really intrigued about his offensive skills. seems to be the complete package on that end. i'm glad he not just another 7 foot shooting Euro. he has post moves, can shoot jumpers, put the ball on the floor, good passer and runs the floor well. Plus he is only 19.

6. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Nice Post!

7. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Member

His low post move with his back to the basket are very quick. Almost Hakeem quick. That spin move he does is world class, and will have him blowing by many PF's and C's in the NBA.

Mchale and Hakeem will make this kid a star. I am growing happier and happier about us getting him. I was actually upset that we selected Morris over him, but this tells me that Morris is much better than I thought.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Most of the YouTube highlights are from when he was 16 and 17. The dude looks like a grown man now. Everyone on here crying for Jeremy Tyler obviously didnt do their homework. This guy has lots of question marks but might be one of 3 bigs in the draft with all star potential. Add in the ability to Shed Brad millers contract and it's a double bonus.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Morris is the SF of the future.
    Patterson is the PF of the future.

Where does that put Chuck, Scola, Motiejunas and Hill?

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Looks more like a very tall 3

11. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Get rid of Scola and Hill and start Patterson right now and let Chuck and/or Morris back him up

12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Motiejunas comes off the bench with Chuck is what they are thinking. Could have a great second unit with Lee-Chuck-Motiejunas-Budinger coming off the bench.

13. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Yeah, you can make a player stronger in the weight room but you can't make him quicker and his court vision is impressive. Attitudes can also be adjusted.

1 person likes this.
  14. Rock It

Rock It Member

put some muscle on that boy and put him at center, anything is better than have chuck wagon at the 5 spot. no disrespect to the wagon but he just gives up alot of height.

1 person likes this.
  15. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

nutritionist can work with him. if he can move and shoot like a 7footer, he can be developed. we need young talent with height and he might fit the bill. if anything, he may play like dirks style.

16. HitAndRun

HitAndRun Member

If Donatas didn't have motivation issues, he would have been a lock to be a top 5 pick. He has the skills to be a top 3 pick.

Motivation can come overnight, and should come with maturity. Watching his videos, I don't see any motivation problems. He's also been adding bulk (working out) so he can become better.

We were extremely lucky that Donatas fell to 20 (and making it easier for Morey to pluck).

17. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

If D. Motiejunas can even reach the level of Andrea Bargnani, I still consider that a win but I hope he reaches Dirks level, probably not

18. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

At worst, I'll take a Troy Murphy.

Hope he becomes a Nowitzki type player!

19. thekad

thekad Member

He's not Dirk. He's Pau.

20. sbyang

sbyang Member

He's the Hakeem Olajuwon of Euroleague (if Hakeem forgot how to rebound and block shots).