1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you still want LeBron if ROX win it all this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by legacygt777, Feb 3, 2018.

1. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Many of us remember back in 93-94 that while that rockets team won their 1st championship, the 94-95 team made moves to acquire Drexler.

If the rockets win the championship this year, do you feel it's necessary to peruse Lebron and give up possibly a whole championship team minus Paul, Harden?

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gutting bench is what worries me the most, but if Lebron and/or Paul are willing to play for less than max how can anyone NOT want the King???

This is reason why I’m advocating for a young up and comer like Aaron Gordon instead. Trading for AG would allow Rockets flexability to retain EGordon, Moute, Nene, etc.

tc0330, alethios and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

I agree. We really just need above average shooters that can D up to play with the big 3.

4. Bids9

Bids9 Member

If it helps us go back to back. Absolutely I do

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, of course.

Deckard, Von Rafer, bilaal14 and 7 others like this.
  6. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

If there's a chance he commits to signing here for at least 2 years, I would agree with a fire sale to get rid of some players in order to make room. Can't see him choosing the Rockets if PG13 signs over in LA though. Sources (according to all the media articles) have stated that LeBron is more motivated by winning a ring and the Rockets are always interested in trading players so we would be the realistic choice... Not to mention we run MDA's system, whose at best can replicate GSW (to a lesser extent) and has shown to extend the career of players who've been successful in his system.

Hard to see him leaving the Eastern conference and coming the loaded Western conference. Honestly I could go either way with LBJ but I'm really fed up with Ryan and him not being able to do what we pay him to do. I need that issue resolved ASAP. Gordon and basically everyone else at least tries to shoot the ball. I'd rather you go 1/8 for FG's over going 1/4. at least in the former scenario a player tried but was having an off night. With the later, that player doesn't even look interested in showing up to work.

7. 1Deep

1Deep Member

The only thing better than 1 ring is 2 so my answer is yes.

8. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

The cavs aren't good this year. Losing Kyrie was huge. For that reason, I don't see lebron staying in Cle. I think part of the reason Kyrie left is the big possibility that Lebron leaves. It's all about championships for Bron and people he'd play with so what other team than Boston (which he wouldn't join) would be in the east that would have a chance against the warriors? Actually IMO losing in the finals year after year can be damaging to his legacy.

If bron joins in the west, and gets past GS, it's almost a guaranteed championship. THat's why I think he joins Houston.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  9. Moahst

Moahst Member

There are very few scenarios where LeBron joining your team is a bad idea. This is not one of them.

Deckard, Von Rafer, htownrox1 and 3 others like this.
  10. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

again, ifs....

by May this year, we would probably discuss:
    if Ryno shoot well, we should have beaten the GSW...

bilaal14 likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

dunno bout lerbon. joe johnson doe....

True Rocket and Von Rafer like this.
  12. mightybosstone

It would depend on two things for me:

1. What would the Rockets have to give up to get him? If it was just 2-3 pieces, young prospects and picks, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But if they can't pull a sign and trade and instead have to gut the roster to pretty much everybody but Harden and Paul, then I'm not sure that trio with a bunch of veteran minimum guys will be better than this year's squad, which has 8-9 really solid NBA players.

2. How healthy were the Warriors in the playoffs? If they were 100 percent healthy or maybe just missing role players, I'd be hesitant to want to break up that Houston squad. But if the Rockets beat them with one of Curry, Durant and/or Green missing a big chunk of time, then you could make the case that Houston wasn't necessarily better and still needed to improve to take down the Warriors moving forward.

iceman44 and D-rock like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t think Lebron is joining a team that just won a championship

Lebron coming to Houston is seen as a possibility because we’re not expected to beat GS, and he could be the piece that puts us over the top...if we’re already at the top then that changes things

just my opinion tho

Easy, Von Rafer, zksb09 and 5 others like this.
  14. mockster

mockster Member

No, it's like landing Kevin Durant from warriors

Everyone would call lebron a ring hopper. I doubt even Lebrun would consider it

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

yup, sure for the right amount of years, dun overthink it!

bilaal14 likes this.
  16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

There's like a 5 percent chance of winning it this year so this seem like a farcical question.

bilaal14 likes this.
  17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

As an NBA fan, I would be against Lebron coming to a title team for the same reason I was against Durant joining the Warriors. I think philosophically it is something that he, the player, should not do.

As a Rockets fan, I'm not going to say no to the second best player in NBA history. It is something I would approve of the team doing.

c1utchfan925, Deckard, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

The difference might be if the narrative is that we won in a colossal upset over the greatest team ever assembled, and GS still has 4 stars. Plus don't underestimate his desire to play with Paul (and maybe Harden), and rings are rings. He already has 3 so its not like you could say he only won another because he joined a ready made team. At this point, LeBron probably wants 3 more rings so he can argue he is the GOT.

D-rock likes this.
  19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If we win, it probably means Ryno had a good shooting playoffs, making him easier to trade as part of the LeBron trade.

D-rock likes this.
  20. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Nope. And don't want him if we lose either

Jayzers_100 and Mazulis like this.