1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

if defense isn't really a high priority, then the typical 4/5 combo isn't really ideal and will get thrown out the window

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No they won't. He is ready. And Nene is ready too.

C position is our second strongest position this year. No matter who starts, we are going to consistently out perform the majority of the leagues centers.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

definitely disagree here especially the last part. the C position is still very much shaky. Assuming Capela is all of a sudden ready to be thrused into the C position for a full season and at 30+ mins every night isn't very logical. That's when a player is ready. There's a reason why the went and got Nene. It doesn't force this to happen and gives a bit of insurance for Capela who still needs to show he can play big minutes consistently first. Capela can kind of provide the same in reverse as it doesn't force Nene into big minutes either. If things go accordingly, particularly healt wise, it seems there minutes will be split to where each of them play less than 30 min a night.

malakas likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sauces apparently favor DMo being here, but anyone that pays attention knew that already.

DD

5. finsraider

finsraider Member

I would call the differences in their games more than nuances. DMo is strictly a spot up shooter, whereas Anderson has a much more versatile jumper. DMo is a great in the post where Anderson tends to rely on his turnaround. DMo is also much more of a facilitator.

I wouldn't be surprised to see DMo get some minutes at the 5 with Ariza at the 4. You can't just ignore his post game and make him a shooter. I believe MDA when he says DMo will be a major part of this team. In fact, I think the plan is to make him THE facilitator of the bench unit, i.e. DMo in the post with 4 shooters or 3 shooters and Nene, who has a mid-range game.

6. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Nene sucks

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Stupidity at it's finest. Nene is one of the best post players in this league when healthy.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No, Nene absolutely does not suck.

9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

34 year old injury prone center by my definition is not a quality starting center and barely a backup

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'll probably be solid for a few weeks till he gets hurt though.

BigggReddd likes this.
  11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don't disagree with your post, but am curious as to what you think on paper would hold Capela back from putting in those 30 mpg nightly? He jumped from 7 to 19 between year 1 and 2. I think a jump to 30 might be a little much, but upper 20s? Sure.

Are you concerned about (i) foul prone, (ii) injury potential, (iii) just skill level to merit that many mpg, or some combination of the above?

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Agree.

DMo and Anderson are very different, once you look past the fact they play the same position. Anderson has a very useful mid-range game, like a baby-Nowitzki ... and is the definition of the Stretch-4 in this league, because he doesn't have to be wide open. DMo's 3s is a very slow release, so close-outs are easier on him. But DMo is the superior post player and defender. Anderson will likely be the better PnR player, too.

So, simpleton statements that they are redundant merely because they play they are PFs with range who are below average rebounders is too simple. There might be entire fourth quarters where DMo and Anderson are on the court together because we need to make a comeback. Also, Nene is signed for only one year, so you don't make decision on DMo trades based on him. DMo trades must stand on their own, independent to who the revolving-door, backup, veteran C is.

Madmanmetz likes this.
  13. basketballholic

Dmo is strictly a spot up shooter???????

fins please. You're better than that.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are right, he is not that much of a good long range shooter.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There will be games where Capela will miss huge stretches of the 4th Q, if not the entire 4th Q. We'll go with combinations of Anderson, DMo and Nene when behind.

He was referring strictly to their three-point shooting. As he continues by saying DMo is great in the post. And he's correct.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah its a combination of those things. I definitely believe he's being groomed to be the C in the coming years and shows to be on the right track with good work ethic. This year I'm hoping he does reach the 25 min mark give or take while playing at a good level consistently not just in spurts. Defensively, I don't think he is too far off. Shown good awareness and a knack for being a rim deterrent. It's really just the small details on that end for him. Offensively still very much working on it where he is mainly just effective in a pick and roll setting. Hopefully, he can develop some kind of respectable go to move where he can become comfortable with. This year is going to be a big test for him to see how far along he is because the opportunity is being presented without a true incumbent in front of him. Love seeing young players put in the work and have the results show positively. So hopefully we can see more growth

17. malakas

malakas Member

Considering how injury prone Rhyno is Dmo isn't redudant.

Fouls and how much strength and mass he has added.
    Those 19 minutes were against backups mostly. Now it will be against starting Cs. Especially when it comes to getting into foul trouble.

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

DMo's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re-sign him"

... and my gf is not doing enough to get me laid! lol!

19. Nook

Nook Member

I am not buying into the Rockets center rotation and I am not buying into Motiejunas mattering much.

The Rockets roster could very well look quite different at the trade deadline.

The Rockets have major strengths...... but also major weaknesses. This is a very flawed organization and team that is full or dysfunctional pieces.

Les Alexander ..... Daryl Morey.... D'Antoni...... Harden.....

Flawed, capable of brilliance and riverboat gamblers from top to bottom.

20. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Just thinking about the rescinded trade sending DMo and Marcus Thornton to Detroit, and Houston receiving Detroits 2016 1st Round pick and Joel Anthony.

I know the pick was a protected pick, but can't remember the parameters of the protection. But Detroit ended up getting Henry Ellenson, 6'11" PF from Marquette with the 18th pick.

Would Ellenson have been an upgrade over DMo or a player with high potential?

Also just thought about Joel Anthony