1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMo is on Inactive List -- Is a Suspension Coming? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 8, 2016.

?

Do you think DMo is about to be suspended

1. hmm....Looks like it

47 vote(s)
    38.2%
  2. No, he'll just stay on the Inactive List

26 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. More DMo Threads

42 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. Research What is Happening Here People

8 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Please research what is happening here.

BigMaloe and heypartner like this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Waking up to like five new DMo threads. Fantastic.

Also per holic DMo isn't under contract, so how could we list him as inactive? Do teams typically put players on their active/inactive lists when they aren't on the team?

J Sizzle, DonKnock, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  3. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Has Royce White overcome his fear of flying?

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's actually still relevant. It means he can't just sit out this season and become a free agent. If they suspend him after 30 days he is still their player under contract until the last season covered by the contract he signed has been completed.

I wish you would research things and try to understand what's happening here!

heypartner and BigMaloe like this.
  5. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

After DMO signed that offer sheet from the Nets the option to part ways with the rockets became very low.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

(Semi-informed but still drivel-ous, thanks anyway....)

Actually, figured they put that "last" year rule for SOME reason. Maybe there was some abuse before. But no matter now

So its for any season then. Let's see how much D-Mo's camp flinches

7. amaru

amaru Member

At this point D-Mo is below Royce. Royce was trying to draw attention to mental health issues and get rule changes, D-Mo is pouting because he signed a bad contract

heypartner likes this.
  8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

BJ Armstrong certainly hasn't overcome his fear of reading.

9. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Went home from work yesterday and went to bed early. Had a great night's sleep and woke up to find I had been thoroughly schooled in this post right here . So my vote will have to be for "Research..."

#29 Castor27, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    heypartner likes this.
  10. Remlap

Remlap Member

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

My God what a waste of talent.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

13. craguin

craguin Member

More from Larry Coon's blog (link)→December 8, 2016 at 8:26 am:
    We’re getting into a gray area — it’s not entirely cut & dried. That said, my current interpretation is that he’s NOT considered to be under contract to the Rockets. There are two rules in play here:

(e) If, within three (3) days from the date it receives an Offer Sheet, the ROFR Team gives to the Restricted Free Agent a “First Refusal Exercise Notice” substantially in the form of Exhibit H annexed hereto, then, subject to Section 5(h) below, such Restricted Free Agent and the ROFR Team shall be deemed to have entered into a Player Contract containing all the Principal Terms (but not any terms other than the Principal Terms) included in the Uniform Player Contract attached to the Offer Sheet (except that if the Contract contains an Exhibit 6, such Exhibit 6 shall be deemed deleted). Such Contract may not thereafter be amended in any manner for a period of one (1) year.

The rule above says that when the team gives a First Refusal Exercise Notice, it is “deemed to have entered into a Player Contract.” However, it says it’s subject to Section 5(h), which says:

(h) Any Team may condition its First Refusal Exercise Notice on the player reporting for and passing, in the sole discretion of the Team, a physical examination to be conducted by a physician designated by the Team within two (2) days from its exercise of the Right of First Refusal. In connection with the physical examination, the player must supply all information reasonably requested of him, provide complete and truthful answers to all questions posed to him, and submit to all examinations and tests requested of him. In the event the player does not pass the physical examination: (i) the ROFR Team may withdraw its First Refusal Exercise Notice within two (2) days following the date upon which such physical examination is conducted; and (ii) if the First Refusal Exercise Notice is withdrawn, the player and the New Team shall be deemed to have entered into a Player Contract in accordance with the provisions of Section 5(f) above. In the event the player does not submit to the requested physical examination within two (2) days of the exercise of the Right of First Refusal then, until such time as the player submits to the requested physical examination and is notified of the results, the ROFR Team’s conditional First Refusal Exercise Notice shall remain in effect, except that the ROFR Team may elect at any time to withdraw its First Refusal Exercise Notice, which shall have the effect of invalidating the Offer Sheet and causing the Team that issued the Offer Sheet to be prohibited from signing or acquiring the player for a period of one (1) year from the date the First Refusal Exercise Notice was withdrawn. If the player does not submit to the requested physical examination on or before March 1, the Offer Sheet shall be deemed invalid and the Team that issued the Offer Sheet shall be prohibited from signing or acquiring the player for a period of one (1) year from such March 1.

This rule says:

1. The team can make the FREN subject to passing a physical.
    2. If the player doesn’t cooperate, then the conditional FREN remains in effect.

So I think the situation we’re in with regard to D-Mo’s relationship with the Rockets is the same as it was for the first two days, while they were expecting him to report. The FREN isn’t complete, so he’s not deemed to be under contract.

#33 craguin, Dec 8, 2016
  14. bigred77

bigred77 Member

The inactive list is dirty business

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Man, totally schooled you on that post. Let me know if you find anything in your Research.

btw, your link is broke. Here's a better one right here

#35 heypartner, Dec 8, 2016
  16. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks, I had it copied in wrong. It's fixed now. I am still researching. So far I have found good information about Dental maintenance.

17. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The laundry mat is a dirty business.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

thx for the headsup. As reply to that new post, I asked for comments regarding DMo being added to the Inactive List. Maybe he wasn't aware.

His new opinion seems to hinge on the "FREN" being completed. That's the gray area. I'm not sure if I'm following his connection there wrt "the FREN isn't complete." Neither Section 5(h) nor the other paragraph refers to it having to be completed. Seems the purpose of "subject to Section 5(h)" is more about how it can be withdrawn (and Nets take over contract, if done in 2 days after physical, or RFA status takes over after) and it's March 1st expiration date. But maybe it is just that window between physical and final signing. I get what he's saying.

Anyhoot, we'll see what he says about the Inactive List.

craguin likes this.
  19. Bravoexo

Bravoexo Member

Mazulis likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No suspension - this is just sabre rattling negotiation.

You don't suspend a player and expect them to come in and play hard for you.....

DD