1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Discord in the big Apple: Carmelo Anthony and the knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bilaal14, Jan 16, 2017.

1. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Try to pry Anthony before the deadline and have him come off the bench with air Gordon. Can't mess up the chemistry with our starters. Work his way into the starting rotation

2. txn

txn Member

Making moves doesn't means destroy the current system which works perfectly fine and trade for one so call "Super Star" who already failed in DA's system in the past and well known selfish player.

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  3. spankz141

spankz141 Member

DeAndre Jordan or Griffin coming to Houston works. They are both great rebounders and interior defender's. Not to mention Griffin has a decent mid range. Maybe he can be a Amare type of player for the rockets.

Yeah, the Rockets give up a bunch of assets along with Brewer for an expiring Griffin but this is the type of move Morey needs to make. Swing for the fences

hakeem94 and don grahamleone like this.
  4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Lord no...

Ne, if pressed, would tell you about Diva#7.

Entitled and never desired to be a leader. AI was more of a leader during some of those years. Ne is a presence, but he's not as vocal. He's the example model of how to behave and play.

No doubt Melo is talented, but he's not the game-changer he once was. The way the game has quickly evolved has not been kind to him.

The Iso jump-shooters who don't pass are a dying breed. The only exception was Kobe.

The only thing I want from NY is Jennings.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And the chances we acquired said player are.....?

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

From a skill standpoint, Melo is the perfect fit for this season. Unfortunately, he still thinks he is on Lebron's level and dribbles the air our of the ball. Melo shoots almost 44 percent from 3's in catch and shoot situations.

steveng125 likes this.
  7. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I'd try to get him before the deadline and then next season include him in a package for Paul George

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. arubato

arubato Member

Melo + Porzi for Ryno + Brew + KJ + picks

Morey for GM of the decade.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Stay away...he's also not a fan of D'Antoni so, i'd say there's literally no chance he comes here, and that's better for us.

10. Ranny

Ranny Member

Melo?? Is it 2014 again?? Did i go back in time??

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hell NO!!!

Melo is a cancerous loser.

DD

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Too many think building a team is like NBA 2k, a video game.

On paper the idea works..Carmelo just taking the role of Ryan Anderson, playing off Harden....it all sounds good in theory...but Carmelo isn't going to allow it to work.

ALSO. Carmelo played under D'antoni before...it didn't work out.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Knicks are playing right now without Porzingis and against a Dwight-less Hawks team. You can see first hand why people should be against this suggestion

14. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I've had enough of locker room cancer with Dwight. Melo is the last person I want on this team.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'd rather have Anderson being set up by Harden then have Melo setting up himself, taking the ball away from Harden and the other guys on the floor.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

????

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Yeah, I'd definitely wouldn't mind going through the trouble of getting Melo off their hands and then waive him if that landed us Porzi.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'd do it for Ryan Anderson and Corey for Melo. That leaves money and years off the books sooner. Only issue is that Ryan creates a tremendous amount of space that will only be noticed once he's gone. Melo is the better player and scorer, but spacer he is not. Neither play defense well, Melo does keep the scoreboard moving.

Ryan is not providing the scoring I thought he would, but when he's in the game, Harden has so much space to create for the other players. Ryan is smart and crafty (except near the rim), but Melo is dangerous. He can go for 35 on any given night.

I prefer to keep Ryno and Corey, but I wouldn't be upset with trading them for Melo. We'd end up with more potency, less chemistry and a 27 million dollar contract 2 years from now over Ryan's 21 million 3 years from now. Melo is a good teammate when he plays on the Olympic team. Harden is Olympic quality, Gordon was when he was younger. When has Melo had that? I'd ask Melo two questions before making the move though. Can you play in the P'n'R over and over without the ball in your hands? And can you be part of the seven second offense? Because both will happen regardless of how your feelings about it. So 2 1/2 seasons of basketball without being the man.

Edit: I didn't mention Carmelo's passing. I'm not saying he's amazing, but he's definitely going to set up more people at the basket or around the 3pt line than Ryan does. Ryan is pretty lost inside the 3 pt arc (provided it's not an offensive rebound for a putback).

#59 don grahamleone, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    robbie380 likes this.
  20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

In a perfect world I agree with you that he gives us much more than Anderson/Brewer does. However he has failed with D'Antoni before and he would have to take a major backseat to Harden. I don't see it happening. Also we know there is no reason for the Knicks to trade for Anderson and Brewer.