1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you enjoy Rick Adelman's tenure with the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 21, 2014.

?

Did you like Rick ?

1. Yes - we had great winning seasons and we almost beat the Lakers

70 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Yes - he managed winning seasons with stars that have health issues

62 vote(s)
    40.3%
  3. No - he won't let star players play the minutes they wanted

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. No - he had a paltry losing record with the Rockets

17 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

^^^ the '09 lineup reminds me of the '98 Astros' failure.

All that pitching and offense and still lose early.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am self-admitted Adelman fan. Before he got to the Rockets, especially with the Rockets and even now with the T-Wolves. (Although I did wish he retired after the Rockets. A great coach like that doesn't deserve to end his career with the hot mess known as the T-Wolves.)

I will be very happy if the current Rockets team wins it all but after the 1995 championship team the 2009 Rockets have been my favorite Rockets team. There was something just appealing about that team. They were a team of frequently injured misfits who probably shouldn't have fit together but just did. You had Yao the humble superstar, wacky Ron Artest, Aaron Brooks out to prove himself, an unathletic Scola still soccer hair and all, an undersized backup center with a bizarre free throw shooting style, Old Man Deke still wagging his finger, Mr. Hustle Carl Landry, and Mr. Intangible Shane Battier. Adelman molded those guys into a team that loved to play with each other and played hard.

How could you not like Adelman's tenure with the Rockets when just looking at the joy on Yao Ming's face as he jokes with Ron Artest after we beat Portland. A couple of years prior who would think these two guys would be laughing like after winning a first round series. Especially with no T-Mac and Deke lost in the first game against a tough young team like Portland.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aZtxQkay0ac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also just to defend Tinman here. I am glad he made this thread. If nothing else but to remind people that we can love the current Rockets without having to dump on the previous. A true Rockets fan wouldn't have to mock the previous coach just so you can feel better about the current one.

4. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

More will to win? Tmac was injured, yall butt hurting pricks

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well I am getting old so wtf! You expect me to remember all them games - you youngins don't let anything slide.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think some people who try so hard to discredit Adelman are people who want so desperately to justify the McHale hiring. That's twisted mentality.

McHale can prove his own worth regardless of whether Adelman should have been let go.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is laughable. Because that is tinman's entire shtick. He also does it in reverse.

See:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=251656
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=251529
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=250002
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=249584
    <br>
    So, kudos to you sir. I'm happy that you're "glad" he made this thread. His passive aggressive spam threads have been polluting this board for too long.

You've taken the houlier than thou standpoint of condemning, in our own words, "sad petty threads" (here: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8792970&postcount=89)

But you admit that you support the creation of this thread by someone who has a history of posting nothing but "sad petty threads" created to knock on former and current Rockets (see: Lin, Jeremy and McGrady, Tracy) just because it favors someone you like? You did just openly admit you had bias towards wanting to keep RA and are an "Adelman fan."

That seems inconsistent at best. And downright hypocritical at worst.

#47 DudeWah, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I own you.

You pretend you don't like my threads but you are on them like white on rice

9. tinman

Supporting Member

spoken like a true rockets fan, unlike that dudewipe guy

10. redglare92

redglare92 Member

I didn't want to see him go but I was hoping he would have been a step up from Van Gundy.

11. Gertso

Gertso Member

Rick the Ruler. That's why.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I miss you Rick Adelman

Congrats on an amazing career,

Unlike Clutchfan member DUDEWAH, most of us appreciate what you did with what you had

And oh, yeah, you EASILY were ABOVE 500

And you beat Portland , I remember, you took a team where Tmac left and were left with Aaron Brooks , Scola, Ron and Yao
    and you took the Lakers to 7

Rick Adelman, you rule!!!

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This dude took a team of Brooks/Artest/Lowry/Scola to take the Lakers powerhouse to 7 games.

Not saying Adelman was right or Morey was wrong, they kept each other in check. Morey has had too much unchecked power.

14. BleedsRocketRed

Amazing really, had Yao not got hurt we could have easily won it all that year and I will take that to my grave.