1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Did the crowd chant "Kobe Sucks!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lancet, Apr 24, 2004.

1. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

Did the crowd chant "Kobe Sucks!" when he was shooting the free throws? That was awesome! Very professional too, not mentioning anything from the Colorado, unlike the dirty Jazz/Denver/Spurs fans. :)

2. drapg

drapg Member

Yes we did.

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

that is what it sounded like to me...

Hi-larious!

Gotta give props to the fans at the Toybox...they were ROCKIN loud...:D

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yep. I heard it on ESPN.

When Kopee was shooting FT's the crowd was heckling him. It was so loud. I LOVED IT!!!

5. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

we need to get on Malones nerves... Just heckle him the whole game, just him,,,, piss the F out of him... OOO i hate this b*stard

6. drapg

drapg Member

My buddy and I got our whole section to chant "GUILTY" everytime he shot a free throw as well.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

ha, yea that was great. It started a few sections away from me (417), then it caught on REALLY fast. Was HILARIOUS! :D

8. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The chant was pretty funny because it caught on so fast. Spread like wildfire I said to my buddy. You could hear something once, the second time you could tell what it was but almost didn't comprehend it, by the third time the entire section was shouting it. As I said, it spread like wildfire.

I could hear your guiltys, drapg. We must be in the same endzone

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW, what a game. I passed 5000 posts and missed the flip of the ticker. Oh well. Great win!! GO ROX!!!!

10. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

I don't know if other sections were chanting "Kobe Sucks", but our section was chanting

"No Means No"...

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

maybe the ones who are at the game on sunday can do the ten second count for malone to remind the refs. It seems he takes his sweet little time there, or chant something along the lines of NO RING NO RING or karls an ***hole that would work fine for me also

12. FrancisFan

FrancisFan Contributing Member

Lets' cheer about nelieving a woman got raped...Sounds like fun. That's classy:rolleyes:

13. FrancisFan

...or believing

14. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

Thats funny I wish the whole building would pick that up:D

15. Alimoe84

Alimoe84 Member

Yeah I was there and it was really loud! I saw Francis at half court. He was kind of motioning to the fans to cut it out. But hey whatever. I thought it was gonna backfire though. The last thing you wanna do is get Kobe fired up with 5 minutes left. Anyone notice how Payton didn't play that much in the 4th? Interesting. We need to get on Malone next time. I hate that b*stard. Great win! 2-2 going back to LA!!!

16. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

The "Kobe Sucks" chant was hilarious -- it happened so quickly -- just all the sudden EVERYONE is yelling "Kobe Sucks". I told the people next to me that this was a dumb thing because now he'd go off for 20 in the quarter . . . thankfully I was wrong.

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Kobe actually played it off pretty well. I feel sorry for Him. And embarrassed of the hatred coming from people who don't know any more facts than the next guy.

Lighten up. It's literally his life vs. a game here.

Try chanting "de- fense" next time.

I had wished I was at the game, but when I heard that childish behaviour coming across ESPN to the world, I was ashamed.

Clutchcity was once class city too.

Let's revisit that Sunday please.

No, I'm in no way a Laker fan... but at least a fan of decency. What if it were you? Mt. 7:12

18. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

What's wrong with a "Kobe Sucks" chant? I don't think that has anything to do with his pending legal troubles.

19. droxford

droxford Member

It doesn't get on their nerves. Kobe and Malone are veterans. They won't get frazzled by stuff like that.

But it's a great show of Rockets spirit!

-- droxford

20. FrancisFan

I think its "GUILTY" and "no means no" is what is being referred to.