1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeVier Posey

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RedDynasty, Apr 27, 2012.

1. jaykay

jaykay Member

Looks like Cushing isn't the only one that can run the wildcat like a mug :p

1 person likes this.
  2. hairyme

hairyme Member

Wait, so he broke the rules for his momma and he, a non-Houstonian, claims to be a fan of the Texans since inception??

Man, this kid is an awful liar.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm surprised some of you "experts" didn't learn your lesson after Watt last year. "r****ded pick"?? Seriously?? Based on what? The fact that he KILLED it his previous 2 full seasons at Ohio State? Or the fact that he's projected to be similar to Victor Cruz?? I'm not saying he's going to be a stud, but I'm definitely willing to give him a chance to TRY. He's got the physical measureables to be a very good WR in this league....I trust Kubes and Co when it comes to picking guys for this offense.

2 people like this.
  4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Exactly my thoughts.

5. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

The draft report said he wasnt fast but he looks fast in those videos.

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

It's not like Cincinatti (where he's from) had much of a team to root for circa 2002. He was sincere though...kept saying how crazy it was how the Texans picked him and how funny life is that way.

7. Garner

Garner Member

Seriously folks, a guy like Gruden can't give you an honest, first hand opinion of what this kid is about outside of maybe 1-3 games.

How on earth anyone can know so much or so little about any of these kids past the 1st and 2nd round to have a truly informed opinion is beyond me. (unless of course you went to Ohio St. for example and follow the team religiously)

8. AB423

AB423 Member

I'm just glad they drafted a WR

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Everyone in the draft is 'projected' to be good. That's why they are drafted. Also , nobody said they wouldn't let him 'TRY'.

It's okay to think the Texans made a bad pick.

1 person likes this.
  10. Garner

Garner Member

Here here!

I'm not asking this kid to be Andre Johnson or even a viable #2 option.

Just be better than Walter and Jones.

11. rezdawg

The point is that its a baseless claim. If we select a safety, then I can understand saying its a bad pick because we dont need a safety. However, WR is a huge position of need. Unless anyone here has watched the majority of Ohio St games, its silly to sit here and claim that its a bad pick.

1 person likes this.
  12. AB423

AB423 Member

Same here.. From his highlights, he looks to be a good player.

In the Texans we trust :grin:

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hell, I like what I read about these guys, as soon as they sign , they're Texans and I'm pulling for them.#bullsonparade

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm fine with this third round pick, 10 game suspension last year makes me smh at the Texans though. They must see something they really like in this kid. I'm still pissed though the Jets got who I so desperately wanted.

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Nobody here is a football scout; so what? We can still critique whatever picks the Texans make with whatever knowledge we have. That's the point of these threads.

The 'your opinion is wrong because you're not an expert' argument is simply lame.

For what it's worth I'm fine with the pick.

16. Raven

Raven Member

At least he's tall....

:confused:

17. rezdawg

I have no problems with someone critiquing a pick. Like I said, if we draft a player that we dont need, then I understand...just like our last 5 drafts where weve selected 19 tight ends. But, when you have a HUGE hole on your team and you are filling that hole with a WR, there is no reason to knock it unless you know the player. If someone wanted another position filled instead of WR, then thats fine too. But people are saying its a bad pick and they havent even seen 5 minutes of tape of the guy.

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Posted this in the Texans Draft Thread. Coming from a friend of mine from Columbus, Ohio obviously a huge Buckeye fan that saw Posey every game even before the suspension. This is what he had to say:

I woulda preferred to just take Streeter in the 4th but of course Kube gets HIS man. Ah well, we shall see.

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Not to me. he has average speed and no break away speed. But he does appear to have great hands and he knows how to separate himself from the drfender. That's good enough for me. Someone said he is working out with Cris Carter and that's who he reminds me of. Might not be as fast as a young Chris Carter but great hands like Carter.

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member