1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Denied promotion, Jason Kidd gets OK to talk with Bucks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 28, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>After denying Jason Kidd's demand to oversee basketball operations, Nets have given Bucks permission to speak to him: <a href="http://t.co/vVxb7YxkGn">http://t.co/vVxb7YxkGn</a></p>&mdash; Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) <a href="https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/statuses/483054470650429441">June 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Mr Chuck Norris

Oh no.....please lock hollins up now! Please Morey!!!!!

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not sure which seems more absurd to me - the fact that Kidd feels he is justified in making demands that would give him powers that are pretty much reserved for coaches like Phil Jackson and Greg Popovich, or the fact that there is another team in the league that wants to interview him.

Maybe the people over in Milwaukee just think it would be a hoot to hear Kidd making those crazy demands in person.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah, he must think awful highly of himself to ask for that type of power after a less than stellar coaching debut.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

He's probably pissed about how much Fisher and Kerr got paid. So now he's making a stink in Brooklyn to force his way out, so he can sign a new contract with some other team and get PAID.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Kidd: I need more power.
    Nets Owner: No.
    Kidd: Do you remember the spilled coke thing? This is the genius I bring to the team.
    Nets Owner: Talk to the Bucks.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

The problem is that teams KNOW how Kidd is, as a coach, now. I doubt he'll get paid a lot.

9. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Maybe he sees jabari as a league cornerstone and wants to seize the opportunity

10. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

lolol

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

After the extensive coaching resume he has put together? I'm shocked. Shocked.

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Haha, most of the Bucks fans are like, HELL NO!

13. theangrycanary

He actually did a pretty good job.

He took all those random, veteran players, and after losing lopez and that horrible start, righted the ship and put together one of the best records in the east after the new year. All as a rookie. Lesser men would have folded under that pressure. I believe he has a pretty good resume.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

King is terrible though.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No shock here, but sense I get from plugged-in sources is that Kidd is probably finished w/Nets whether he lands another job or not.</p>&mdash; Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) <a href="https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/statuses/483069896037654528">June 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This story could have huge ramifications on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nets?src=hash">#Nets</a> FA pursuit of Pierce and Livingston. And KG is a Kidd-guy.</p>&mdash; Mike Mazzeo (@MazzESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MazzESPN/statuses/483070235223031808">June 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Exactly, he was off to a rocky start but the East was forgiving. I can't fault him for the injury-riddled squad. Eventually they pulled it together and came into the postseason pretty strong.

17. smr6

smr6 Member

I'm walking into work Monday and demanding to be made VP. I have 1.5 yrs of experience, so I'm slightly ahead of Kidd.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Great drama for summertime discussion.

This is Twilight Zone material.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Kidd isn't pursuing Bucks coaching job. He wants to be president of basketball ops.</p>&mdash; Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) <a href="https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/statuses/483073278953533440">June 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I dont know what is more absurd, Jason Kidd demanding control over basketball operations or Billy King still being employed in that faculty or any other.